YONEX® Thailand Open 2021 World Tour Super 1000 (12-17 Jan)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by samkool, Jan 10, 2021.

1. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Is it me or ahsans smash isn’t that great right now? Wonder if he’ll change rackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Compared to the match in hongkong open 2019, choi/seo controlled this match a little bit more. in HO they were being forced to defend almost the whole game, and their flat game wasn't quite as good as this. I'm surprised ahsan/hendra didn't try to block the shuttle a little bit more when choi/seo keep playing this fast & furious game.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

you reckon overall not much AhsanHendra can do at their age but to stay as long as possible at top 8? QF results while othrrs not playing will do nicely.

4. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

if u are in Vietnam, find it in shopee

5. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

looks like this link has been blocked. anyone has any links to watch live stream tomorrow.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (11.00am) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...541B33-2037-4644-A541-EDA77A870CE1&d=20210116

upload_2021-1-15_22-5-14.png

• A blockbuster and most anticipated showdown is scheduled for last match in tomorrow’s semifinal, DEN-INA duel where Viktor Axelsen will meet archrival Anthony Ginting. The Indonesian number one has learned his defeat in All England 2020 to get revenge over the well improved Rasmus Gemke. The Dane gave all of his best in the must win situation to grab second game with monstrous speed attacking style, body smashes that drained his energy a lot and causing one way traffic in third game. Former World Champ Axelsen on the contrary has two quick games to subdue the powerless Jonatan Christie in exhibition atmosphere, 21-14 / 21-5. Another supposed to be enthralling clash to watch also fails to live up the expectation, Lee Zii Jia can’t develop his gameplan rather than being dictated by Chou Tien Chen steady play. Second seed Chou finds resilient Ng Ka Long to seek final ticket.
    • All four women’s singles matches relatively going to straight forward. A disappointment for home fans as Ratchanok Intanon performs far behind her sublime skill instead of being error proned and quite frustrated to break An Se Young solid game. Two famous names also prevail without serious problem, Tai Tzu Ying and Carolina Marin. One unseeded player sneak out into final four, Danish prospect Mia Blichfeldt who stunned Sindhu at beginning of this tournament and keeps her momentum here.
    • INA chance in MD discipline keeps alive although their aces Ahsan/Setiawan make quarterfinal exit, lost to power and speed of Choi/Seo. It’s Carnando/Marthin who sail through in semis, their first debut of Super 1000 BWF tour, the World Junior Champs outlast English duo Ellis/Langridge. Interesting to watch whether the Indonesian rookies could continue their surprising run, will up against Goh VS/Tang WK next. One more familiar pair, Lee Y/Wang CL also join big four draw.
    • Hard to witness huge upset in women’s doubles, more or less is predictable contestants, two Korean pairs plus Polii/Rahayu and local hopefuls Kititharakul/Prajongjai march on to next round, all Korean Finals perhaps or INA could derailed the plot.
    • Mixed doubles top two seeds stay on course despite they experience difficult times to seal opening game. Both of them should be wary for last four rivals, Thai combination facing KOR southpaws Seo/Chae while All England Champs have French young and dangerous Gicquel/Delrue who knocked out the Indonesians in previous meeting.

It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Was she even at the tournament? I haven't even seen the name, let alone actual footage.....I fail to see how that's relevant

#167 j4ckie, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Yep, he can't get it steep anymore. Guess the famous vertical leap has disappeared with age.

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Their defense was garbage in this match. Hendra had a serving nightmare today.

I thought Ahsan was the deadlier of the two at the net.

Sloppy play overall. Guess that's the outcome of Covid 19 hampering the preparation.

10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    loved the retro yonex 75th year anniversary outfit carolina wore yesterday. it looks heavy so i don't expect her to wear it against an se young today. she'll need all the speed she can muster against the quick youngster.

11. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ya, even more so than usual. in a typical match i expect zendra to miss 2 serves per game.
    ...and age. it gets harder and harder to perform perfectly for 5 matches in a row to win a tournament.

ez to win 1st & 2nd round, 1/4's & semis become harder due to tougher competition and their own age, but if they make the final they become odds on favorites due to their experience. that's what i call sports math.

#171 samkool, Jan 15, 2021
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I also reckon it all stars anew again just like in the beginning of 2018. They didnt reach many finals when they re paired until end of 2018 but yeah they are older by a few years now. I hope they can stay longer at the top, even more than BoeMogensen.

13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Glad to see the players back in actiom at the tournaments!. It's been a long "winter"

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

14. wade

wade Regular Member

Goh/tan finally decided to play like it's 2016 again lol, yesterday they like to just lift the shuttle and defend.

15. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Carnando look like Beavis / Butthead:rolleyes:

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Pray GohTan to be Champion tomorrow, their 3rd SS. But i d prefer Korea pair in the final

#176 Yoji, Jan 15, 2021
  17. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

Dang how come LeeShin loses to abo pair....oh well i guess one less match to watch tomorrow

18. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    shows you what i know... she's wearing it. :p

19. wade

wade Regular Member

80% of ASY points in the first game came from marin's mistake

20. tevster

tevster Regular Member

ASY is the most boring top women's singles player to watch... every shot slowing pace and playing safe towards the center and waiting for mistake

her retrieving is excellent, but for the first time in a while rooting for marin

Desireless and Cunning Linguist like this.