NS9900 or Adidas Precision 88

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by raistian, Jan 6, 2021.

1. raistian

raistian Regular Member

So I stumbled across a brand new NS9900 3UG5 (old/ original orange "candybar" one) and Adidas Precision 88 (white, dragon pattern). The mrs is gonna buy one for me :) and I'm having a difficult time deciding.

I mainly play doubles, an all-rounder with good smashes. Level would be intermediate to advanced (got a medal 2nd place tournament long time ago). I don't have a real issue with rackets - can use (adapt) to balanced/ stiff/ head light/ head heavy ones pretty easily during warm ups. That said, I do have a tendency to favour control, slightly head-heavy weapons.

Rackets that feel good do me are AT800D (my #1 with all its battle scars), AT500, MP99, Adidas Uberschall F5, Kalkul A5 (current main racket), 88S (current second racket) and NS9900 2U which I pull out when I need to smash harder (which is rare).

Some of you would notice that I already own NS9900 and is now considering another one - but the one I have is 2U, and I'm considering 3U. I did dry swings on a friend's NS9900 3U last month and like the feel of it.

TBH my main consideration of the Precision 88 is the graphics :) I sort of collect items with dragon patterns as it's my chinese zodiac. It does feel good dry swinging in the shop but I know of no one who's using it.

If you were in my position which one would you get, and why?

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    the one that i play better with regardless of color/paint.

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Precision 88 is from the previous Adidas range which are very different to the A5/F5 that you have.
    I had some a few years ago , they were ok but nothing like the quality of the new Adidas ranges.
    I suggest trying some more of the newer Adidas rackets, if you like head heavy then have a look at the Wucht P7 or P8.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Adidas Kalkul A3 is a great allrounder, i prefer that marginally over the A5 which you already have.

5. raistian

raistian Regular Member

Thanks. Sounds prototype-y. Shame, I really like the look.

I did consider them but decided I don't like the non-standard grommets which would be a pain to replace later (my rackets last decades so maintainability is important to me).