Discontinued racket you most regret not trying

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ChocoChipWaffle, Dec 16, 2020.

1. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Thinking back, there's been a ton of rackets I regret not buying, simply because I had already bought enough rackets and I was wondering if you guys have any of those as well. For me personally, I never even got to hit once with these rackets and now my curiosity will forever be unsolved, as I wonder what playing with these would have felt like.

Ti 10 original - Racket everyone who played with it raved about, but I chose to buy MP100 instead

Armortec 700 original - Same as above

Meteor X JJS - A lot of guys I know in real life swear this is the best racket of their lifetime

Edit: Perhaps the Armortec 800 Defense as well, in its heyday it was as universally loved as any racket I've seen.

I wonder what other people's list may include, which one do you regret that may have slipped by over the years?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

NS9900, Arc10, JS10 original colour,

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This! the MX JJS is in fact the only racket I seriously regret to not having bought or tried back when it was still available. :(

haven't you had one of these in 5U? Is my memory screwing with me on this one?

4. ChocoChipWaffle

you can still find JS 10 in Asia, or even NA through yumo. Arc10 and NS9900 have restarted production a year or two ago so you can find those in Asia easily.

One MX JJS was actually on a random sale a couple days ago by an official Victor dealer, but I completely missed the boat because I was off instagram for a few days :confused:

5. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

That was a nice racket. I had one, but broke it by hitting my own heel, doing an around the back shot. The shuttle was too low. I still prefer the Yonex DZS though.

I regret to never have tried the Ti 10 (1st gen) and MP100. Ti 10 came around shortly after I started badminton. I'd never have gotten that from my parents as it would have been too expensive. Had 6 MP99s in total. Too bad I never tried the MP100.

Of the newer ones I'd like to try the Mizuno Fortius 10 Power (special edition). But it's quite expensive.

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I experienced FOMO when Armortec 800 defensive was discontinued, years ago. Had my eye out and finally found a used one here on the forum. Was so excited to try it! And... it broke in a clash on point 3 of the very first game. :-(

7. ChocoChipWaffle

Yeah a couple months ago I had finally bought the MX 60, which isn't JJS but as close as I can get these days... and for some odd reason I had an abnormal amount of clashes during my time with it, and it broke in 6 hours... Always hurts when a racket breaks, but that was easily my record time breaking a racket. And it was one of those rackets that I could control perfectly from the very first hit..

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Had a 5U JS10, ended up being too head light.

Had a MXJJS for a while. Nothing special... slightly numbish and rubbery feel. AX88D is very similar in specs, but much better feel and repulsion.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

9. raistian

raistian Regular Member

I shuddered reading your post. As an owner of Armortec 800D (which is my favourite racquet ever) I know how awesome it is. Mine's got battle scars but still in service.

My regrets are MP99, AT700 Dragon & Bravesword :(

Fidget likes this.
  10. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

My biggest regret was never trying ns8000 2u and didn't buy enough ns8000 3u

Smaller regret was didn't manage to acquire a heavy mp88

Another regret was yonex never released a stiffer carbonex 23

11. raistian

raistian Regular Member

I think there's Carbonex 25 in recent yonex catalogue that's supposedly stiff.