Understand Badminton rules, positioning, scoring in videos

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Tajinder Dogra, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Tajinder Dogra

Tajinder Dogra New Member

My Youtube channel has videos that explains the following in Hindi and English
    Even-Odd rule
    positioning,
    court lines,
    rules,
    score board reading,
    scoring,
    switching,
    three sets,
    golden point rule,
    2 point difference rule etc

Please have a look at the channel videos via the youtube url given below
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzmWwU55QC_c3aT1PBkdSCg

Thank you

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

First of all: Great video! I like the colorful pucks.

However, going to a random spot, I found an inaccuracy:

12:02: The receiver cannot stand anywhere; she must be in the receiving court, not touching the lines. This rule is violated from from time to time in youth tournaments, or with high-level receivers who stand on or even before the front service line.

3. Tajinder Dogra

Aaah...that is new learning for me.
    Thanks for pointing it :)

4. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

At 1:12

You say that in doubles, each and every part of the internal side of the court is being used.

That is complete gibberish

(And I'm not even sure if logically it is even possible to speak of an "internal side".)

You then speak of external sides. You are talking about the sides. (No need to say external).

And anyhow, if you want to refer to those "outside areas", they are called tramlines. Back tramlines and side tramlines.

5. Tajinder Dogra

I created these videos for my friends and colleagues who wanted to learn to play badminton. Hence, I created these quick videos on youtube for them so that they can come prepared.
    I play badminton for a club but never came across this term "tramlines" during our play. Thanks for mentioning it, learnt something new.

I created the Badminton Singles video and then I created Badminton Doubles hence the "internal" and "external" were some what relative to make my friends understand better. Sorry, that you find it gibberish.

Well, I never had imagined that there will be many people other than my friends who will watch it and like it. Hence, seeing a positive response on my videos, I thought to post my youtube channel here in Badminton Central Forum so that others can also learn.