MD final conspiracy theories...

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by the_way, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

Tennis is not ballet too. Tennis audiences don't distract players during rally. If you respect the sport you should let the athletes perform their best undistracted. If you see the tournament as a show, audience's right to make loud noise during rally sure have higher priority than player's performance. Remember, I am talking about the loud noise during rally only in MD. Ask w3wmfhe, how many people were shouting whoooo whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Thousands! I don't really care if they scream after the rally. For the same reason, flashlight is not allowed during the game. If you disagree, consider me as a minority. I just feel sorry for MD players who got distracted by the crowd. This is a very important show for them.
    Sorry, I mean tournament.

Btw, All England Open is a ballet competition, do you know?

2. Pre-emptive

Remember, I am talking about the loud cheering noise during rally only. You were there you know what i mean. I don't really care if they scream after the rally. Basketball and football are very different in nature when compare to badminton. That's why badminton is so addicting.

3. Pre-emptive

Btw, I am not blaming the audiences. Many of them are there to cheer for the USA team and are not badminton players and they don't know that their acts are very distracting.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Firstly, there is cheering during tennis rallies, especially as it gets exciting or a player has the other on the run. Secondly, if a player gets distracted by crowd noise, he shouldn't be playing in a tournament of this calibre. Thirdly, fans pay good money to cheer for their heroes. Unfortunately, you paid good money too but are in the minority. You're fighting a losing battle here. Finally, I believe you were referring to the All-England Ballroom Dancing Competition? ;)

Don't take it personally. No hard feelings mate.

5. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

i do agreed with u on flash light...ppl do used flash light during the match when player really for the next move...especially for jump smash...but tennis is different vs badminton...the speed..and reaction r much faster than tennis
    it is different point of the view for cheering ....:p and as u said..only MD...properly only MD whenever tony and howard play..:D

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Getting back to the conspiracy theory: upsets happen all the time. Liverpool and FC Porto winning the champions league, CSKA Moscou winning UEFA, Jacksonville Jags going to AFC title game in 2nd season of existence, USA winning olympic hockey title in '80, Red Sox beating Yanks last year, many results in tennis, etc.
    I think Howard B played way above his normal level, going supersayan this tourney, because he played in front of his homecrowd. Doubt he'll be able to reach that level abroad without the crowd support to fire him up.
    But if you want a conspiracy: Candra n Sigit "let" Tony win to increase his chances for citizenship. (Not that I think that because I saw the match, although I don't know what Sigit was doing on the last point ;) )

7. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    mental strength

look guys i really dont think its realyl about conspiracy.sometimes its really about your mental strength that counts.after watching the singapore open where eriksen/mette beat gao/zhang 15-0,i also wondered why the score was so surprising.what was more surprising was that gao/zhang continued to win the match.i asked my coach who is an exnational.he represented singapore in thomas cup n bla bla.he said that it was really down to how you prepare yourself before the start of the match.whether you are focusing about the match or jut playing with your phone or joking while warming up.so this might out an end on why lin dan lost so horribly and why maybe sigit/candra lost.lets not take credit off this players.making it into the world stage and donning you nations colours is something to be proud off.

8. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Hi Jonas

If you mean my post of
    " I don't remember Lars/Jonas winning much after WC03.
    Danish 2004
    maybe something else late 03/early 04
    quite regularly to at least QF stage though
    They even managed a loss to England's Archer/Blair at the German 04"

then you have my apologies, I meant no offence.
    I thought I was fairly accurate. I didn't remember that it was the China Open, but I did think there was another title you had won other than DK04.
    And I pointed out your consistency in reaching quarter-finals and better.
    But I missed out the cup competitions.
    Maybe I shouldn't have picked out the loss at the German. Anyone can have a bad day, but it caught my attention because they were English :p

I in no way meant to detract from your achievements, or the hard work you put in, both in badminton, with the fans and for charity.

regards,
    Neil

9. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    Take it easy with the jargon, man, not everyone here knows about Dragonball...

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, ok... Remember my last post, I said, all the "ranking", "history", "old vs. record", etc does not mean everything once come to the real game? All the reference material might only help us to predict "who has the BETTER CHANCE to win", but no way to be "who will 100% to win".

Sure, the Sigit/Candra has better records, better experience, and better whatever, however, that does not mean they will win every single game. Same applies to the other top seeds who lost. Tony/Howard are clearly the underdog once they went to quarters and on, but that does not mean they must to lose by blow out.

LD can lost in 1st round in Olympics, Zhou Mi lost in 1st round in WC, and so as many top pros lose to relatively "no name" here and there. So, u think there's all kinda theory involve in each upset? :eek:

11. the_way

the_way Regular Member

well, seems like no1 can answer my questions. :cool: :cool:
    well, just hope that badminton still have a great future and
    what happen in the anaheim wont jeorpadise this game.

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Therein lies the excitement in tournaments and the reason why so many of us watched them. Anything could happen, even past champions could be unseated. If there's guarantee in tournaments, why bother watching when we already knew the results? When skill and fitness parity among contestants are high, it all boils down to mental strength and luck. In this case, the US team has the home crowd on its side, which dramatically boosted Howard's performance. Howard was the weakest link and was overwhelmed to be playing with three of his heros on the court (let's face it, anyone of us would have been too)... but the crowd was a huge factor in equalizing it.

To say that it's all luck or worse... would have disregarded Howard's improvement and his coaches' hard work in his development. So please, you can't support the conspiracy theory and still credit the US team for winning.

13. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Hello. :D

Neither did you answer mine. ;)

Which means that the only reason why you'd think that they sold out is because you'd do it if you were in their shoes. You'd sell your principles, maybe even your own kids or mom to the highest bidder. :D

We're glad that players like Tony/Howard and the rest of the top badminton players are not like you. :D

14. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

MikeJ,

Those are harsh words. Please don't get too personal with your rebuttal:(.

15. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    ok. :D

I just wish that the_way would realize that just because he/she thinks that it's ok to sell your principles to the highest bidder, not everyone thinks like him/her.

Other people actually have integrity. :D

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

He merely entertained a thought that happens to be controversial. No need for personal attack. Discussion should stay on topic and not on the author of the topic.

17. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I'm sorry if went down to his level. :D

It's just that by wildy accusing the badminton players of being involved in an unproven "conspiracy", the integrity of the players are being attacked (which is a personal attack on them).

It's good for us to remember that the badminton players are people too. And they do read this forum (like JR) and may be very personally offended by such personal attacks on their integrity, skill, determination to win, etc. :D

18. the_way

the_way Regular Member

It's ok cappy,i m fine with that,we are all here for discussion and i am ready for anything. Mike J harsh words mean nothing to me because i hold to the sportmanship principal and i do not attack people simply without any proof. Wonder if he really watch all those matches closely and really know chandra/sigit, alven/luluk and also Jens/martin ability?

Maybe he only start to watch badminton since the inaugural MVP cup.:cool: :cool: :cool: But Acusion siblings are good though Robertson and Emms were enjoying their match and played along with the crowd.They were down with match point in the second match and robertson still relaxing and only show their true ability in the 3rd set. Well, Nathan and Emms, u do not disappoint the crowds in the MVP cup by letting them to have chance to cheer for their country and let them enjoy the beauty of this game.

#118 the_way, Aug 24, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  19. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant

I see you still haven't answered my questions :D

Following your logic, that proves me right. :D Thanks :D

20. the_way

the_way Regular Member

what question u have asked before?

sorry because i dont take notice maybe because i feel the questions are quite insignificant and do not make sense....can u post the question for me again.
    I greatly appreciate your effort.

It nice to know you and your country really concern about the world championship progress!!!

Have a nice day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.