Yonex Astrox Smash vs. Astrox 2

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Toni Schröder, Oct 21, 2020.

?

Which one do you recommend for me?

1. Astrox Smash

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Astrox 2

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Toni Schröder

Toni Schröder New Member

So I am a beginner and looking for my first own racket. From all the research I've done I've figured out these two rackets could be good options. I wonder what are the differences between these two rackets? Because from what I've read, they are pretty much the same, but when I've looked online the Astrox 2 seems to be about twice as expensive as Astrox Smash (80€/40€). You can also give me other recommendations. Thank you.

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

5U and 6U rackets aren't necessarily best for beginners imo. It's not to say it's ultimately hard to generate power and reach longer distances with this kind of light rackets but it asks for a shorter and more explosive stroke (read pronation/supination and finger power) that beginners don't usually have yet. And beginners usually struggle with the distance more than anything else due to their improper technique and large arm movements.

I'd go for anything flexible and 4U to be able to generate slightly more power for more ample arm/shoulder strokes (typical of beginners) without being too heavy either (ie 3U).

Get a racket you like and string it between 9 and 10 kgs maximum. Most importantly, check videos for proper technique and you'll be fine. Eventually get a coach later on if you enjoy badminton. You can change racket later and keep this one as a backup (if you don't break it playing doubles :p). Enjoy badminton!

thyrif likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Never try AX2 but i have taste AX Smash.
    As you are begineer, it wont matter much which racket as you wont be able to feel the different.
    As LenaicM said, as long its not to light & not to heavy with flex to medium flex racket its good starting point to learn further & Astrox Smash is a nice choice for it. Other racket might be AX7.

4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

The Astrox Smash is a 6U at 73gr right? That's really light imo.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

what:eek:.... Hhhhmmm... Which racket i try that time.... I guest i feel different racket but im thinking other racket name in my mind:oops:
    My bad... Sorry for wrong info & thank you for clarifying bro.

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

So many Astrox that it becomes confusing. :)

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  7. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    So many new colorways too lmao

LenaicM likes this.