Ax 77, 88d or 99?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Maratox, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Maratox

Maratox New Member

Im currently using the ax88s 4U is fine but its missing a bit of punch. I can clear well but its not effortless. Id also like to have some stronger smashes. It feels like the 88S is a bit too light and more even balanced than head heavy. Thats why im looking into a more head heavy option. Im just not sure which of the 3 I should get.

2. Maratox

Maratox New Member

I focus on singles, but occasionally double.

3. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

Have you thought about using the 3U variant? Or the 3U variant of the rackets you mentioned?

4. Maratox

Maratox New Member

Ye, 3U 88S would be an option but that wouldn't give me more head heaviness, just more weight in general.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

looking back at your other post to, makes me thinking maybe its not the head heavyness that makes you lack on power.
    Maybe 88S is just to stiff for you to bend so it punish your power instead.
    So going for 88D or 99 might not be good idea & 77 that is more flex might be much friendlier for you.

If your can borrow friend racket, i suggest you to try some. Dont need to be 88D/99/77 but just remember the name & tell us here what you feel when using what racket.

6. Maratox

Maratox New Member

Thats also what im thinking a bit, from testing tho, the 77 and 88 are just about the same flex. Some guy on YouTube measured it.

I played with an 88d 4u from a friend but it felt pretty bad. Felt like it had way too much flex and didnt give me a feel for the shuttle at all.
    However, he had pretty old strings so that might have been the issue.

7. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    I think the 88d and s 4u versions feel way too light, I now use 3u and the weight feels lighter than a 4u zfII