Idea for a Yonex random gift box - it should include discontinued classic rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ChocoChipWaffle, Sep 22, 2020.

1. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I saw some companies do a gift box with 1 random racket, birdies, towel, and the usual miscellaneous items. I think what would really be interesting is if they include top tier rackets, and include discontinued classic rackets from the past as one of the rare prizes, instead of the boring mid tier rackets like Nanoray 20 that they're doing now. Imagine if you buy the box, you are most likely to land a current top model like Arc11 or Astrox 88, but as one of the rare prizes you have a 10% chance to land something like a Nanospeed 9000s, Ti-10, MusclePower 99, or Armortec 900T.

Even if the player is new and don't know much about the old rackets, knowing that these rackets can go on sale for +$300 makes it a good incentive to try your luck and buy the box instead of handpicking a racket to buy

Hell I think even Victor can make something similar - include rackets like top tier Hypernanos and Jetspeeds, and as a rare prize include one of the old rackets like MX JJS or Superwave 35.

2. ChocoChipWaffle

yeah but those boxes, you know what racket you're buying beforehand. I was talking about those mystery gift boxes that come with a random racket

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

The deluxe box is great as a present to yourself or a close friend. (but yonex AR shuttles, really? Cheapskates)

But maybe it's just me, but I don't want to spend 200 euros for a racket loot box with a mystery racket I probably won't like.
    That's gambling.

skhai91 likes this.
  4. ChocoChipWaffle

People love gambling though - it's why loot boxes make so much in gaming

5. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

You need a frigging licence to sell gambling. They are being banned from gaming as it is considered gambling, you need a licence for that, and kids shouldn't be gambling.

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It wouldn't pay off if you don't have a trade-off. It means as long as a many people get cheaper random stuff it will balance out a classic pricey item for a few at a reasonable price. Not everybody can win inside any gambling system. If anybody want this mystery experience, you can all send me 250$ and I send you a random racket.

badmintonpog1 and thyrif like this.