Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Aah I found gold again today, thank you very much @s_mair. Now my only request is if you could add a 2 piece 4 knot stringjob 76 holes, and haribito on 72 hole on your channel. Then your channel would be more than enough for any stringjob one wants to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

2-piece pattern: see @kakinami's clip. Can't get any better than that.

"My" Haribito on a 72 holes racket can be seen here:

Just don't skip that cross string at the bottom and don't add the extra cross through B8 and you're good. Anyways, you will soon see that there isn't much difference between stringing a 76 or 72 holes racket. You'll have to do the exact same thing with the only difference being the single-pass vs. shared grommets at 10/2 o'clock.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

2 piece modified Yonex pattern

Slower more recent version of AK modified Yonex pattern, mains tie on 9 cross starts on 8.

s_mair and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Okay I know this may sound weird, but @Dave1011 do you feel the shaft while swinging the racquet, because I cannot, the shaft is thinner(much thinner than the 88D) is that the reason, as there is less air resistance(also because I have never used such slim shafts in my life may be hence that feel)

Initial impressions trying full swings at home (as I am being restless) is much faster than the 88D, shaft is thinner, frame is thinner, but with the same head weight as the 88D. Man I think I am in for a treat tomorrow.

#124 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Dave1011 likes this.
  5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

No I don't feel the shaft, I think i know what you mean.
    I tend to get that sort of feeling from a more flexible racket but the a3 is medium to stiff.
    I'm sure you will love it once you are able to try it.

6. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Good day today! Orderd the A3 and also got my new 360 B7 9 racketbag. :cool:

Dave1011, s_mair, endFX and 1 other person like this.
  7. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    A3 is the most lively and the fastest racquet I ever had, period (excluding Victors in terms of speed as I have never used them)

I always thought feel is something you would have to sacrifice for a faster racquet, but this racquet changes it all.

After having played 4 singles, general impression was it is such an easy to play racquet,
    Stiffness- is pretty similar to the N7II, stiffer than the N9II
    Feel- feel of the frame while striking the shuttle was omg, excellent, you could control the shuttle pretty easily with such a lively feel. Every stroke gives you such a pleasant feel in your arm.
    There is a bit of shuttle hold I noticed(maybe it could be due to the LN1 so I would have to play more matches to test it out).
    Speed- My first statement on the top, should tell you about the defense, yep it fast (one of the fastest I have played till now)
    Power- is ample, I can't say much on it, as I have played singles only today (I am more of a control player in singles and rarely smash), but clears were great, I didnt have to stress much. I'll update more after I get to play doubles. But I can tell if needed, can produce a decent one.
    Paintjob- well not the prettiest, it just looks plain, they should have used the chrome accents more, especially those orange ones.
    Control cap- I am not a fan of the control cap of the A3, it feels so big, maybe it will take time to adjust but for the time being I am not liking it at all, as for my backhand I always put my thumb over the cap. For me 88D and Li Ning have a better slimmer caps.

Also the weird feeling I was talking about, was actually the shaft being so slim that I wasn't even able to appreciate the 'drag' of the shaft while swinging, as the frame was way more appreciable. Even after a game or two, I could slowly start to appreciate just the solidness of the shaft(due to the feel while strokes). This weird feeling, having to feel just the head with nothing in between the head and the handle, actually lead me to mistime some shots, but after after some time, shots were a bit more consistent. But yeah all this is what makes the racquet this fast, and just took me some games to adjust, as it was a new feel to me.

I was in the mood to order two more 88Ds, but I have cancelled that transaction in my mind (maybe I might order them though to have a direct comparison with the A3)
    Now only if Adidas is listening to this forum, get us an A7 or an A8 with a 3U frame, A3 feel, and P8 stiffness (not the price) , then with the right marketing, this can easily overshadow the 88Ds or the whole Astrox or the NF range.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Last time I checked, the my P8 is 3U, has the P8 stiffness and feels great. Soooo.... :D

But apart from that, really great to hear that you like your A3. If I ever come across a good deal on one, I'm very likely to add one of the Kalküls too. So far I have only played the A2 which was too flimsy for my liking, but the A3 or A5 could match really well.

Dave1011 and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  9. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Haha, I know what you mean, I just can't get mind to fall for that price. Maybe someday when I get a good deal on it.

s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Adidas Vietnam have added pics of the Wucht P6 and P5

Can anyone compare P5/P6 against P3/P7 or P8?

Wucht P6

Screenshot_20200911_085231_copy_270x355.jpg

Screenshot_20200911_085310_copy_270x218.jpg

Screenshot_20200911_085255.jpg

Screenshot_20200911_085243.jpg

Wucht P5

Screenshot_20200911_085540_copy_270x356.jpg

Screenshot_20200911_085559.jpg

Screenshot_20200911_085549.jpg

#130 Dave1011, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  11. pughon

pughon Regular Member

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

pughon likes this.
  13. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    That was bothering me a lot too. The cone is just to big and to "square". Was kinda tricky to fast change the grip after having the thumb on the cone (eg after serves). I was close to ditching the Racket because of it.
    Somehow I got used to it and don't even notice it now, but it takes some time...
    I still do hope they will make it more ergonomic for future Kalkül models.
    Btw the cone on the f09.1 is really nice and slim.

14. pughon

pughon Regular Member

15. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
  16. pughon

pughon Regular Member

endFX likes this.
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Don’t know anything about the P5, but the P6 has been discontinued a while ago and never made it to the European release. I got one as a test racket and I still like it a lot. Think of a P8 without the side strips (so about 0.5 g less head weight) and a slightly less stiff shaft. Frame shape and profiles are identical, the P6 is made of 40T carbon though. I can switch back and forth between P8 and P6 without any issues whatsoever.

Dave1011 likes this.
  18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

19. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I've suggested an A4, basically a stiffer she heavier A3 before. I think it would be a great addition that would sell well... And I know there's people working for Adidas who agree with me, but I don't think it's gonna happen. At least the F3's specs with a Kalkül frame to start with...

Adidas really should hire me. :D

I'm happy you like the racket though! I never thought the AX88D would be that (head) light. Overall, there seems to be a bias towards 4U rackets that I don't agree with.

Vivek Bagadhi, Dave1011 and s_mair like this.
  20. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

That’s a nice review, I’ll probably gonna check the A3 out as well.
    I have a question though, yesterday my ABBT broke on my P09.1 after only 2 days being stringed, still figuring how that happened.
    But anyway, I had to attend a club session so I borrowed a 4UG5 VTZFII from my friend, strung with BG66U, I had no idea about the tension or how long has it been on the racket, but it feels dead for sure, more on that, the racket was broken and then repaired at 1 o’clock.
    The thing is, I found that I can use it pretty well, smashes and clears were easy, I can play the net also and overall I liked the feel of it despite the poor string.
    So I’m wondering if I should give the P8 or the P7 a go after the shop has it in stock? If so, then the P8 would be the one that resembles the most, right?
    Thank you.
    Edit: I should be more clear as to why I don’t just buy a ZFII and call it a day, it’s because I have been tempted to try the P7 or the P8 out for so long but afraid it would not suit me, and yesterday made me turn around after using the ZFII. Another reason is I like Adidas and their take on the P7 and the P8 in terms of colors and details.

#140 nameisTin, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020