Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

She could have lost in straight set had CYF not smashed out at 10-10 in g3. What a shame. now i missed the 'old chubby HBJ'.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long, this is the second time I watched him play in this tournament, and it heartens me to see him so sharp, forceful, seizing the initiative, and suddenly injecting pace now and then - just the type of game I've always wanted to see from him and believed he is most capable of to be at his best.

Mind you,Lei Lanxi is no pushover, he actually took G2 in the match today but Chen Long was just too good in the end to prevail 3 - 1. Personally,I'm very glad that he is following LCW's footsteps in continuing to play a young man's fast and furious attacking game instead of trying to emulate Lin Dan in transforming into a control player rather than power player past the age of 30.

Now I look forward to the day he goes back to his winning ways again as in 2015, his best year so far, then I can finally and confidently exclaim 'The Return of the Dragon'. For him to be able to do that past the age of 31 - he'll be 32 next year at the Tokyo Olympics if it's held - that would be a phenomenal feat for which he has none other than Li Mao to thank for,most assuredly.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think despite her considerable weight loss and supposed better fitness, she can't fully handle Chen Yufei who is fitter and more consistent in shot-making, that's why I feel she must retain her creativity and deceptiveness to develop her own style based on her talents, her natural game, her forte, which together with improved fitness might just be right for her in realizing her fullest potential. If not, I doubt she can make another breakthrough in her career.

But I feel all is not lost as during this pandemic period of having practically no or few international tournaments to play but mostly training and more training, she has time to retool and continuously tweak her game and come up with something uniquely hers. In other words, she has little choice but to either break new ground or play to her strengths. My two cents.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Thomas Cup should be a good test for the Dragon to face the likes of Momota or Ginting.

After humiliated by Ruichang last night, the fave Qingdao is trying to earn perfect score this evening.

SHENZHEN v QINGDAO
    XD - Xiao Shicheng/Feng Xueying vs Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping
    MS - Lei Lanxi vs Lu Guangzu
    WD - Zheng Xuhui/Huang Jia vs Li Wenmei/Wang Zhiyi
    WS - Zhang Yiman vs Chen Yufei
    MD - Liang Weikeng/Wu Tabin vs Zheng Siwei/Liu Yuchen
    *Interesting clash in singles category, QD fields surprising WD combination to play Wang ZY.

6. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Woohoo Ren PB thrashed the Dragon :D

Attached Files:

7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Is it available on youtube?

8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Sumanth99 likes this.
  9. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Feng Yanzhe won twice for Ruichang against Qingdao yesterday against national players.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh dear, I spoke too early about The Dragon, still inconsistent.:(

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

He has no idea how to deal with Ren PB explosive style, smashed all the way:D

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First time I see He Bingjiao so serious and worked up, protesting the linecall and dropping her racquet to the floor, then continuing to remonstrate with the umpire and refusing to back down by walking about for almost a minute.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao, she seems to have a character change, taking things so hard and the way she celebrates her victory at the end of the match after a hard struggle.

Gao Fangjie, good to see flashes of brilliance as in her pre-injury days. Way to go. Keep it up

#3033 Justin L, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    tbgoh288 likes this.
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zhang Yiman, I'm beginning to have a whole new level of respect for her,the way she pushed Chen Yufei all the way and giving her a scare. In the 5th set decider, I sense ZYM losing a bit of confidence as she appeared somewhat tentative a couple of times,esp around the net area.

But credit to CYF for staying calm under pressure and coming out on top with resilience.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Couldn't believe Chen Long lost in three straight sets, got to catch the replay later.

OK, found it here, watching it no, https://weibo.com/yundongcd?is_all=1

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ren Pengbo, playing above himself against Chen Long, demonstrating a masterful display of attacking badminton coupled with excellent defence in getting a lot back, including tight net play with the occasional trick shots, and at the same time reading his opponent's game well with good anticipation. If this is RPB's real standard now, I can't wait to see how he will fare in the near future.

However, my feeling is that Chen Long didn't quite seem to be himself, making too many unforced errors as well as a bit too passive, which he couldn't afford to in an 11-point scoring system. It also appeared to me he wasn't moving fast enough today and was even left stranded a few times by RPB's power smashes.

17. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    The video player isn't working, its just stuck in that loading circle. Does it need any magic words to start or any workaround? I am trying to watch it in mobile

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    India banned weibo, try the zhuafan link from earlier posts.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A different determination and more serious version of He BJ now. She actually could finished the match in 4th set instead of too hurry, less patient that became boomerang to her. I thought she would be lost at final game but she's geared up again, thinking hard when changing court in 3-6, succeeded to level the scoreline with some of tricky shots. On the other side, Gao FJ performance looks on right direction to making comeback in international tournament next year.

The main problem is still inconsistency, he demonstrates excellent feat in just one or two matches. This is just domestic league, we can't gauge how he fares with foreign players.

20. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Here i just uploaded it to youtube

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.