Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The measurements ive taken previously of the a3 head weight while strung were 39.4g, 39.5g and 40.0g. The a5 i had was 39.7g

speCulatius, endFX and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  2. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I find it difficult to choose between these rackets (A3 & A5) because of the fuzzy spec disparity available on various sites and how some people compare it to headhevy rackets
    which is something I am definitely not looking for.

My statements and references of racketbalanspoints is that ArcSaber 10/11 is eavenbalance. Nanoray 800/900, Duoforce eaven/headlight.

Specwise:

Headlight: 285ish - 290ish

Eavenbalance: 290ish - 295ish

Headhevy: 295ish - 300ish

strictly speaking, but more or less like this...

I know that my references do not fit perfectly with the numbers and that is probably what makes it all the more difficult the more I try to find out which racket should be similar to what I am looking for as a EB/HL racket.

With this explained... sounds it like an inappropriate choice to go for the A3 over A5?

endFX likes this.
  3. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    All those reference point are 3U aren't they( I don't know about the Duoforce), so if you are thinking of a headlight racquet then according to what we have seen here in the topic, you should go for the A5. Still those 3U racquets are bound to have atleast 37gm headweight dry, so why not go for the A3 which is a 4U with approx 37gm dry headweight, which is why I am choosing it over the A5 as I need atleast a little weight in the head or even the even balance thing is fine for me, because I can never gel with a headlight racquet

I'll also check my TC70B in 3U which is the only headlight racquet I have, for its dry head weight and update the thread

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#103 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Looks good on the pics but I do think it would look great in hand, that too with the red LN1.
    Red is the new white goes with everything, especially the LN1 red is very beautiful( you should see the Kizuna D61 red it has black stripes on it, doesn't look good)

Also the comparison with the 88D would be mostly based on memory, hence I would be stringing it with the LN1 as that was what I used with the AX88D. I would try to compare dry swings and headweight but can't compare it strung as it has cracked. Mostly I'll compare with my Flame N55-I as that is what I am currently using.

#104 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Dave1011 likes this.
  5. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Thanks, that fits into the picture

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The official Adidas specs say 290-295 for both rackets.
    The a3 just feels more powerful despite minimal differences in overall weight, 0.4g between the A3 and A5 I had at the same time.

Super85 likes this.
  7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Than A3 it will be!

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  8. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Can somebody tell me whether the normal Yonex pattern okay for stringing the A3, or is there any adidas specific pattern?

9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

You get a stringing guide included with the adidas rackets.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

A3 has a standard 76 hole pattern with 21 mains. So basically, you can string it anyway you want. There will be a booklet with all recommended stringing patterns coming with the racket. It recommends doing a standard two-piece job for the A3 with an added cross in B8 (which is optional I guess...:rolleyes:):

[​IMG]

speCulatius and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  11. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

:rolleyes:

Hey buddy, looks like you miscounted somewhere

(or we could just leave it for when someone finds this later and gives it a go this way :p)

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh yeah, that would be fun. I leave it that way, let's see what happens. :) But as you might have guessed already, I meant to write 21 crosses.
    Note to myself: Don't post before the first coffee of the day.

Vivek Bagadhi, thyrif and Dave1011 like this.
  13. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    It has arrived. Dry weight was 84.7gm(on point) , headweight was 36.5gm.

Looks great through in person and the strung it with LN1 at 26lbs. I told you guys red LN1 always looks amazing on any racquet.

Also do rate the stringjob, it was my first stringjob took me 50 minutes[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Talking about strung weights, it registered 38.8gm of headweight and total weight was 87.1gm.

#113 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  14. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I'm glad you like it, let us have feedback once you use the racket.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  15. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Now I am eager to go on court tomorrow, also headweight is on point with my AX88D 4U, this should be a fun comparison now on whether I would get over my 88D love or not

From the initial swings it is definitely less stiffer than my 88D, the stiffness would be almost about N7II. Lets see how it performs on a full swing in game tomorrow.
    Meanwhile I am trying to burn in the LN1 faster by wall practise

Dave1011 likes this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Congrats on your new racket. That does look really nice indeed!

50 minutes for your first job ever is amazing and almost a little hard to believe tbh. Looks okay from that perspective I would say, although I'm not a fan of those big tie-off knots.

speCulatius, thyrif and Dave1011 like this.
  17. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Yeah I know I have improve the knot game, I watched your videos on the haribito pattern for the whole night yesterday just to remember how you did those knots but alas couldn't remember them at all today. My hands were trembling when I was about to start.
    I didn't even know that the base clamps height fix on their own after string have some tension in them, pulling the wrong strings sometimes, also adjacent crosses were sometimes up-up so I removed that section and again passed through the cross so they would be up-down, and this happened to me atleast 5-6times. So I am done stringing myself for my life.

Edit- funny thing is the job I did on the Kalkul shows 25lbs right now and another stringjob of D61 on the N9II(done by my stringer) shows 24 lbs. Both were done at 26lbs setting.

#117 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Here's a close up tutorial for "my" tie-off knot. Good thing is that you can use the exact same knot as a starter as well and it's super easy to do actually.

Regarding your "issues", rest assured that these are things that all new stringers are going through. You will see a very steep learning curve during the first 10-20 jobs and another big step when you approach the 50 jobs mark. It's all about getting routine and internalise the moves. You just have to stick to it, learn from your mistakes and never start a string job under time pressure in the beginning. Take your time when weaving the crosses to make sure that you don't make any mistakes. A hint: When you start weaving a string over the first main, you must end up under the last main (and vice versa). If you end up the other way, you have made a mistake along the way.

thyrif and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  19. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    This is off topic but seriously a big shout to you and @kwun , I searched a lot for youtube and the only useful videos I found(proper camera angles) were yours and kwun videos. No offence to others but the camera angles were not that great to understand knots and patterns. And a big off to all the stringers, you guys make it look like a child's play, when actually it is such a titanic work. I had almost given up today while doing crosses

kwun and s_mair like this.
  20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I just have to add @kakinami here. This clip is kind of my stringing techniques bible:

And just in case you need it - I have once started a playlist for stringing technique videos that I've found useful:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYrw9BAzfs6fJn8KltcIg98q6SaUY0sHV

It covers the most common issues and the corresponding solutions that you will encounter. There are several clips that I keep coming back to regularly.

kwun, kakinami, thyrif and 1 other person like this.