Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Wow, you have been using it for 5 months. Looks like 5 weeks to me haha :D
    I wonder if there is any thing you said is true.

2. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Oh, that’s a typo mate.
    Say whatever you want, I don’t care anymore. I can’t remember the password to the other account so I created this one, with the same name and you think I want to lie about how long I have been using it? People make mistakes, even I have done the same thing before.
    Let’s be clear about something, the Li-ning racket guide is indeed translated from a Youtube video. When I saw it, I tried looking for the thread in BC but I couldn’t see any so that’s why I proceeded thinking I would help someone. And to improve my English writing skills. I said I had done some research because I need to authenticate the information given by them, and I did not mention the link because there’s hardly any Vietnamese here to understand the video. I admit, I wanted to give some help and to be useful for someone, that’s why I sat and translated everything into English, all because I did not know there has been already a thread about it. So please mate, stop making it hard.

3. nameisTin

nameisTin Regular Member

Hey Dave, I’m thinking of buying another Adidas racket similar to the P09.1
    Wondering have you tried the P09.1? If so, do you have any racket that comes to mind when using it?
    I looked into the Adidas Kalkul A3 as well, still waiting for the shop to restock to see how it looks in person. Would you consider the A3 roughly the same as the P09.1?

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Ive not tried the P09.1 yet, its waiting for my stringer to pickup along with the other rackets ive bought or will test.
    Purely on specs, the A3 is similar but the p09.1 should be slightly less stiff.
    Once strung I will do a comparison.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Seriously, I cannot believe that you haven't started stringing yet...

speCulatius likes this.
  6. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I found it when I "authenticated the information given by you". I remember that thread because I replied several times to your query for a first racket. "5 months" is totally different from "5 weeks" and gives a false impression for others.

The problem is that there was already a God_of_copy around and then you came after.
    If you translated from somewhere else, how do you answer if there are any questions? Asking for reviews and comparisons everywhere and then translating back?

The message was clear: Don't take others' work and pretend to be yours. Don't take others' personal opinions and become an expert. Don't mention "research" or "authentication" when you cannot find any information.

Apart from that, I have no concern with your asking. Your writing is already perfect with remarkably ornate style.

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Unfortunately my stringer is also a coach and doesn't live nearby so its difficult at times. He is a friend and offers a good service so its worth the wait! :)

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think my remark wasn't precise. The question was: Why haven't you started your journey of being a stringer yourself yet? With the amount of rackets that you're juggling, this would make things a lot easier and cheaper for you.

Dave1011 likes this.
  9. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Ah sorry for my misunderstanding, I briefly tried stringing but I was awful at it!!!!
    My friend offers a great service and is very cheap so while he is available I will make use of his talents!!

10. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Well, it seems none might have used the 88D here,
    [​IMG]
    Anyways I finally clicked the buy button for the Kalkul A3, as that is what felt closer to the 88D
    1. The head weight of my 4U 88D was around 36g, the A3 head weight I read here was 37gm iirc.
    2. Stiffness pretty much should be the same
    3. Box frame
    Bought it for ₹6999/89USD/80€

Other options I considered were the Wucht P8( but the price here in India is pretty steep, around 240USD/206€) and the Uberschall F5( which isn't available here as of now). Also I am definitely keeping my eyes on the Spieler A09.1 black color, maybe someday I would click the button for it too, it simply gorgeous that black and red colorway.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#90 Vivek Bagadhi, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Dave1011 likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Everybody is awful in their first attempts on a stringing machine, so that is not an argument. :p

Dave1011 likes this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the A3! The P8 (3U) carries a little more weight in the head and sits around 41.5 g head weight, so I makes sense to also target the 4U if you really think of buying it. The price is also on the heavier side, same here in Europe. I haven't really played the AX88D so I cannot make any comparison with the P8 in terms of feel. What I can tell is that I really, really do like the feel of the P8. It's direct and rock solid and almost feels a little "li-ning'ish". Clearly more feedback than the typical more damped Yonex feel. Due to the compact frame, I still expect it to feel significantly different from an 88D.

The Spieler A09.1 is more a low- to midrange racket. Not sure about the pricing in your area, but it should be around 60 EUR max. It's a really great racket for that price, but doesn't reach the overall feel and performance of the other higher end rackets in the range.

Vivek Bagadhi and Dave1011 like this.
  13. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Maybe I'm just too lazy plus my wife would kill me if I bought a stringing machine!

Super85 likes this.
  14. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

It will be good to hear your comparison to 88D, i think a3 is a great racket and would suit most people. The P8 is for a more select group of players, its a little too extreme for me from brief testing previously.
    The a09.1 is great value for money, I just bought the blue version as a backup so will see what its like when restrung.

#94 Dave1011, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Both are rock solid arguments not to start stringing. :D

llrr, thyrif, Dave1011 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I was really impressed by the range of racquets Adidas has now, infact I just stumbled across the Adidas thread just 3 days ago, and read through the whole topic. What I concurred from that was that P8, F5 and A3 were the way to go. Immediately I googled and was literally shocked at the price for A3 which is more like a mid end price for a racquet which has such great reviews one from Dave and another from Speculatious (please forgive me if I spelled it wrong), so it was in my wishlist for two days and I was juggling through my thoughts on whether to buy it or not.

Finally after thinking a lot between the NF700(I would had to import this one from e78) and the A3, I kept reading through the one sentence of Dave, in which he told about how he liked the direct feel of the Kalkuls and A3 was packing a little extra beef than the other Kalkul, A5, and I had to go for it.
    That colorway though, it definitely seems like one that might look better in hand than photos.

I really am intrigued for the P8 after you bought it and if you felt that it was much better than the N7II and N9II, I knew it that I have to get that one too, but price is the only thing that stops me as I feel maybe the 100ZZ might be a better value than the P8.
    Well we'll see what the heart wants though, after I have a go with the Kalkul A3, sincerely waiting for it

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

s_mair, Dave1011 and speCulatius like this.
  17. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Sounds like a good match then. The other option might have been the F3, but I neither know the AX88D, nor the F3 in person and the F3 is not a box frame, if that's an important point.

Overall, the A3 is a great racket, if you like that head weight. I hope you'll like it, too!

Vivek Bagadhi and Dave1011 like this.
  18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Here are some photos of the A3's that I have taken previously. I think its a really good looking racket.

20200520_153954_copy_750x1000.jpg

20200422_165012_compress24_copy_750x938.jpg

20200127_094235_copy_750x421.jpg

20200302_202252~2_copy_750x256.jpg

Vivek Bagadhi and Super85 like this.
  19. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    @Dave1011 can you please measure the head weight of the A3 vs A5?
    I weighted my A5 at 39.2g and would be surprised if the A3 would be really lighter.

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I wouldn’t say that that P8 is simply “better” than N9II or N7II. It’s different. The Li-Nings are still top of the line rackets but clearly on the user-friendly side. The P8 is more demanding but has incredible potential if you really click with it.

speCulatius and Vivek Bagadhi like this.