Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Agree totally with your assessment of L GP's present standard. Being away from competition during his time in Uni may have put paid to his badminton career. I can still remember how he used to beat Shi Yuqi regularly as a junior,except in the Youth Olympics. At the moment I don't think he can take on the likes of Lee SF, Weng HY, Lei LS and Sun FX. Any confirmation that Shi Yuqi has suffered a relapse of his ankle injury?

2. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

CLELY and tbgoh288 like this.
  3. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Such a lousy performance from LGP.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Still no news, I guess it's a speculation from his diehard fans who try find an answer about his absence in CBSL so far.

According to this Sina Sports article reported, Lin GP has no systematic training due to waist injury : https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2020-09-02/doc-iivhvpwy4507003.shtml

第四场男单,奥运冠军谌龙第四度代表厦门登场,代表浙江出战的是久违赛场的林贵埔。林贵埔近期因腰伤而没有系统训练,在场上没有有效的得分办法,很快就以6比11、5比11、2比11落败。

============================================

tbgoh288 likes this.
  5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, far from expected, takes time to regain his old form and develop further.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

While Lin Guipu's comeback is still problematic, in fairness, I also have to point out that Chen Long is actually, in my opinion, playing better and better as the tournament wears on after a tentative start in the initial rounds.

The other one to notice is Zhou Zeqi, still only 22 years old to my surprise as I thought he's been around quite a while though he's off the radar for a year or so, not so much for taking out a couple of his peers, but for the way he played against Chen Long in R2 despite losing 1-3. Looks like a comeback for ZZQ is a viable possibility in the international circuit sometime next year, hopefully upon resumption of international tournaments when the global pandemic is substantially under control , thanks to the various vaccines awaiting implementation.

I also managed to catch the replay of Han Yue vs Zhou Meng, thanks to CLELY's link posted above, and I like what I saw - both youngsters have improved, more proactive and offensive, an enthralling match , to me.

As for the now super slim He Bingjiao, frankly, I wasn't too impressed with the way she handled Zhang Yiman as she was on the verge of defeat in G4, down 8-10 before she turned the tables on her opponent by forcing the decider with 12-10 and then went on to clinch the tiebreaker a bit more convincingly. Yes, apparently, HBJ appeared fitter, not panting as much as she used to esp in punishing rallies, moving better generally, and, happily for me, less prone to being caught at her deep backhand corner where she was often forced to turn her back to play it and get into all sorts of trouble But what's still missing is the lack of creativity and deceptiveness that once defined her playing style. Maybe it's early days yet as it's her first serious tournament since undergoing intense physical training regimen. We'll see.

#2926 Justin L, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    tbgoh288 likes this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh, HBJ injured her left knee, bleeding, wait, as the medics come over to treat her, she waved them away saying , never mind, she can carry on playing...

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As HBJ fell to her left knee to receive GFJ's drop shot in G3, it's bleeding again but she's not seeking treatment...

9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Injury was there before the match. Probably scraped her knee. I saw a plaster on it in the first set. Good entertaining match. GFJ is slowly, and I think surely, finding her way back to her pre-injury form.

Justin L likes this.
  10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Who won the match & score??

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the info, I didn't know as started watching the match late. Gao Fangjie used to be one of my favourite junior CHN WS, really hope to see her make a successful comeback.

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It seems her style of play has changed to attacking style instead to exploit her crafty skill, the effortless drop shot and accurate placement. Her net shot also is quite mediocre now, court coverage aspect is better but I think she implements explosive play that wasting much energy to unleash smashes, some of them mishit into the net.

gelopisan, tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

He Bingjiao, 11-9 / 11-8 / 11-9.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not bad,an entertaining and fighting badminton between Li Shifeng and Bai Yupeng, the latter playing better than I expected of him.

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Xiamen rests Chen Long as they fields Luo Wang Shan who takes on Lu Guangzu. Poor Qingdao team, looks like they have no other choice instead of Lu. It's rumored that Shi YQ has been injured in training before CBSL matches was commenced last week, what a pity!

16. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Really impressed by the opponents of Liu Yu Chen today, they are good.

18. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

19. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

tbgoh288 likes this.
  20. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member