Gosen G-Tone 5

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mikomi, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Thanks, but I will never use a hybrid anymore. I read here, that there are differences between the colours, right? I have lime green. If it breaks after 3 weeks, I will be okay with because no job will stay longer than 4 weeks on one of my rackets. For me the string is almost perfect and exactly that what I have been looking for since I can't play BG80 anymore. I'm not the guy who continues search and fine tune. Once I'm happy I use it for a longer period until I discover issues in a long term.

Gpower and swsh like this.
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

No problem since you string for yourself anyways.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I string for myself and various clubs. Nobody have ever asked for Zymax 62 Fire here. I seldom buy sets, only for try out and then dismiss or order a reel. How is the performance of salmon pink? :D

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Glad to see another party shifting haha. I've also been in an exclusive relationship with the GT5 since I started playing again after lockdown.

ucantseeme likes this.
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

One unique trait about GT5 is that there's no noticeable variation between different colours re feel, control, repulsion, durability. I've used almost all their colours except for black.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. dhobo

dhobo Regular Member

7. Derpington

Derpington Regular Member

Based on this chart, GT9 seems better than GT5. More repulsion, better durability, just slightly less sharp.

Has anyone tried both? What do you think?

I just received my GT5, wanted to try this after reading many positive reviews and compare it to bg80, abt, and ln no.1, but unfortunately my city just implemented lockdown again..

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

It's not better in any way, but durability. I'd always go for G-Tone 5 over 9! ALWAYS!

G-Tone 5 is a nice blend of BG80 and BG66UM, like I said many times before. Nothing special about G-Tone 9, in my opinion. If you want a thicker G-Tone 5, go Bg80, if you want more durability, some might recommend BG80 Power with slightly increased tension.

9. Derpington

My favorite is bg80 but i snap it too easily. So I'm looking for an alternative with similar feeling, either more durable or cheaper. Perfect if it could be both.

I tried bg80 power, lost tension big time. Tried ln no. 1, snapped in 2 days. But it could be just unfortunate, so I'm still giving it a go. Then i found out about this, and decided to give it a try (fyi it's very not popular here). But then, lockdown..

This and ln no. 1 have the same price, so I'll stay with whichever closest to bg80.

10. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

When you, @Derpington , snap strings every other day, there's a few questions that come up. First of all, where does it snap? I suspect near the frame? Do you always hit the sweet spot or... not so much?

Changing the grommets might help. If you really don't hit close to the frame, it might be something damaging the strings while stringing, but I suspect it's you. And every string will snap, even with new grommets, if you hit the shuttle too close to the frame.

11. Derpington

I understand that. I hit mostly the sweet spot but I do still hit near the frame. And it's the cause of the snap.

But I'm comparing all these strings with the same factors. Me, tension, and stringer. Grommets still look okay. I rotate it when it looks needed.

12. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I just bought a packet just like this. The bottom right says BS065 without the K. Which one is real?

13. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Strung at 27lb. Measured at 26.5 after a couple of hours so no huge crazy tension drop like Ln 1 Boost.

14. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Dropped to 25ish after the first 2 hour session.

But omg this is the best string ever. Bg80 is the best control string out there imo and the only thing that I would improve is the repulsion and lessen then hard feel to go easier on my arm. G-TONE 5 ticks both these boxes. Coming from Ln 1 Boost which is rubbish in the control department and tension retention, I finally found my perfect string. I'm using the flash yellow color.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

If you find that the string develops nicking at the intersections too quickly, you will love a hybrid with ZM62Fire on the crosses.

16. Derpington

Being a former bg80 user, i had been left frustrated with its durability. I've researched and asked around for an alternative, which first led me to ln 1.

It's a nice string, i like it, have used it several times with several rackets, but it's just not quite there.

I kept looking and got my way here, and from what people were saying, i thought i really had to give it a try (keep in mind, it's very unpopular here. No stores sell it, have to find online, stocks may be limited too).

Voila, found it. Finally what I'd been looking for. Just hoping it's more durable than bg80, if not, not really a big deal since it's still half the price.

Thanks BC, now knocking on the seller's door to give me more.

17. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

Quick question regarding the 20% off for Gosen strings on stringersworld: I've read in this forum that it comes around twice a year, somebody mentioned during October and then April but later another posted the discount code in August. Is there a set month when the discount comes by? And if not how do you find out about when the discount offer is on?

Thanks in advance! Have ordered a few sets already, let's see how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

18. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

You can subscribe to the newsletter and it will tell you (and also give you discount code)
    Or people here will usually post it within a few hours. The code is usually only for a weekend, so you gotta be somewhat quick.

yenyesoh and ucantseeme like this.
  19. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

Cheers, will keep an eye out for that then!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

20. senthilprakash selvaraj

senthilprakash selvaraj Regular Member

Guys, Can anyone suggest a good string for my new Aeronaut 7000i racket? I had it strung with BG66Utimax @26lbs, The repulsion and crisp hitting sound was very good for 2 days, but after that the string became lifeless.

Then, i tried stringing Aerobyte Boost @27lbs on the racket and i felt the sound and feel was not as i was expecting.

I am looking for a string which has good crispiness feel and powerful for smashing with better srting quality retention. please suggest which one will suite Aeronaut 7000i racket.

Have access to following strings in my place.

Gtone 5
    Gtone 9
    Zymax 64TX
    Zymax 68TX
    Zymax 66 fire
    Zymax 66 fire power
    Zymax 69
    Kizuna (all range strings)
    Yonex (all range strings)
    Lining (all range strings)
    Victor (all range strings)

Many thanks in advance :) .