Best budget electronic stringing motor

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Yostringer, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Yostringer

Yostringer New Member

I've seen two machines that have a very similar price (wise one has xpider table)
    One is the siboasi 3169 (tennis and badminton version) it is described as low tier
    And one with a wise 2086 mid tier.

If people had a choice would you go for wise 2086 over the intergrated unit.

I have no experience with either machine so it's seems like a difficult choice. The siboasi may use a chain driven system so surely would outlast the wise?
    I'm mainly interested in the motor quality being used to the old clamps and bases both tables would be a big upgrade.
    Both machines have a 2 year warranty, obviously the integrated unit looks better so I'd like to hear you're opinions. I will be stringing 80% tennis and 20% badminton. Screenshot_20200814-212715~3.png stringmaster-deluxe-elektronik29.jpg

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    why would chain driven be more durable? WISE uses a ballscrew which is also very durable. Industrial CNC machines also uses similar mechanism.

3. Yostringer

Yostringer New Member

I'm not sure the Siboasi uses a chain driven system i'm assuming, if not please let me know.

As for the durability i had a babolat star 3 and it could pull over 100lbs easily way more than any tennis racket needs (found this out during calibration). It uses an industrial wiper motor. Where as i've seen the WISE 2086 on youtube whining/ click noises /watch?v=ywSU0nsMxqk

Another forum (stringforum): "I had a 2086 V11. It worker fine for about 2 years, then one of the sensors failed."

Also having used the star 3 it's chain system seems indestructible.

I'm trying to search as much on these machines as it's a lot of money and a big decision for me so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Yes. the 2086 uses a stepper which is not the most durable one. They also have other design issues with sensors. But that has nothing to do with chain/ballscrew driving mechanism.

5. Yostringer

Yostringer New Member

So which would you choose in terms durability? there seems to be little information about the siboasi 3169, apart from KWSKJP thread about tier of machine brands. It would be helpful to also get opinions from those who have used either machine as well.

6. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I’ve used the Siboasi 3169, and all I can give you is that I liked the smooth tension movement on the Siboasi over my Wise, but I also don’t whining over my Wise. I would just more see the tension-unit on the Siboasi machine as a little more luxurious over a Wise, but more durable...I don’t know, my Wise has been running perfect in almost ten years now.

The height of the racket position was a bit too low to fit with your hands when working with the weaving, and the overall feeling is that I had not replaced my machine with the Wise and Xpider components for the Siboasi.

7. Yostringer

Yostringer New Member

Thank you for your response it is very helpful to hear someone with experience with both machines.

I can believe that the xpider table would be much better to work with, as every part is up there with modern 2020 stringing machines.

But as you say the intergrated unit has appeal, especially if I would like to sell it on after a few years, whereas a newer versions of the WISE would cause a little more depreciation, obviously the unique xpider systems would be a big upsell on the other hand.

Did you find the Siboasi cheap or low tier in finish and final performance in the string job, were the clamps slipping, base difficult to use etc.?

Another query I had was did you have to take the WISE to be serviced or recalibrated during it's use. If yes what is it like to work with WISE as a company once the 2 yrs has expired?

My main concern is having to pay £600 on a new WISE after 2 or 3 years if a fault does arise sensors etc. Sometime I feel when technology gets too advanced and complicated they break easier as there more to go wrong, for instance smartphones. So it also would be good to hear from those with version 14.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I haven't used the Siboasi so I cannot comment about it.

As for the WISE, which I own, it is not the best design. the Stepper motor used is slow and not smooth. There are better solution but it was just not the best engineered. However, it is the most well marketed and availability is good so it end up being more popular.

9. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I’ve got the V12 version and has just service the machine with lubes by myself after the waranty period. Even a new Mercedes can have problems so you will never know for 100%, with that said, I think a WISE is reliable enough, then it is always a question of what level you want to be on versus the cost. If you want to take a low cost risk then I would suggest a WISE. If you want something more premium...hmm, I then would not suggest to go for the Siboasi 3169. Sure it's one capable machine, but not that big step up from a WISE with some good Xpider turntable mechanics. The clamps on the Siboasi need to be exchanged If you want to string badminton on tensions near 30 lbs. The bases are okay, but I have a hard time with the low mounting height of the racket when I am already used to more space, and now when you mention it it feels a bit cheap if you want premium grade. For those kind of money (Siboasi), I would rather have gone up a step to an Alpha Ghost 2 or equivalent.

10. Yostringer

Yostringer New Member

Thank you kwun and super85 for your responses.
    The WISE is definitely something to consider especially as you said the better table mechanics. I just resale value is something i need to consider after a few years

Another budget machine I am considering is the Pros pro MT400 tomcat, which presumed an AEF machine which some have said the brand is in a similar or maybe of higher calibre to the siboasi machine. This would definitely be within budget, but from the pictures the table looks a lot cheaper than the finish on the siboasi also the middle mount can only be moved with an allen key or a mod needs to be done, the price seems to good to be true, I contacted pros pro and they said "
    we are working with the implied warranty (24 months)". They also don't seem to know how to calibrate the machine then later said they can email instructions.

Unfortunately the alpha ghost/ ghost 2 isn't available in europe, that I'm aware of (I'm based in the uk). I've only heard great things about that machine.

Another option I have to consider is the Gamma 7900 els SC. It goes about 50% over budget, so i'll need to save up a bit. However the clamp bases and 6 point system looks very dated similar to what i already had. i'll have to email them to see if I can get the updated gravity ones. But I've heard the gamma machines are bulletproof (20+ years).
    s320-prospro-bespannmaschinen-tomcat-mit-standfuss.jpg gamma-stringing-machine-7900-els-sc-quick-mounting-system.jpg