Stringing wooden racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ONCB, Aug 3, 2020.

1. ONCB

ONCB New Member

Hey folks, after a bit of advice.

A friend has asked if I can string an old wooden racquet for them. Doesn't have to be at playable tension as it will be for display purposes only. I have no familiarity with wooden racquets and want to know if anyone here has done one, has any tips or advice and also any recommendations on the most appropriate string to use to keep with its era.

I was planning to put it on the machine but just hand pull the strings to avoid stressing the frame as I don't know how old it is or it's history/condition. If it looks it good shape I could possibly string it with something low like 15lbs which is the lowest my machine goes.

Thoughts appreciated.

2. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

You could still put it on the machine and not use the electronic tensioner. Just pull with the hand to have a lower tension than 15Lbs, to be sure the frame will not bend or crack. It's just what comes to my mind when reading your post.
    And if you have a string that looks like Ashaway micro Legend (white/with blue and red lines), it could help to have a more vintage look, perhaps ...

#2 flyingcords, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    kwun likes this.