GripFixer

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by RichF, Nov 5, 2019.

1. RichF

RichF Regular Member

https://www.gripfixer.com/

Has anyone tried this?

Particularly wondering if it's helpful for children as the 'easy' path to the darkside (panhandle for everything) is too tempting for many of them ;-)

I noticed there are a couple of promising reviews on YouTube e.g.

It's a bit pricey at ~£30 + shipping, but since they only launched this year I guess there's not the volume of sales to enable a price decrease.

In my youth, I once taped my thumb to the racquet in frustration when trying to unlearn a bad backhand grip...this looks like a better idea!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I’ve tried to put a little wooden stick on the shortside on the handle, a semi-oval grip! Works good! This way you can’t hold it like a panhandle.

4. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Thanks for the responses so far, all valid points :)

I'd still be interested to hear from anyone who has tried it though...

5. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I'm interested as well, I have a couple of players that I coach who find it difficult to keep focus on it. I am hoping the physical reminder forces it into muscle memory without needing much thought. As soon as the right grip changes the racket swing they are usually fine and it sticks.

6. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Did anyone actually buy one to try? Really interested in this for myself and kids, but 30pounds is quite a pricey investment if it doesnt work.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I bought one to try, I'll try to remember to post my experiences here (not for myself, but for coaching). but it might be a while because of coronashutdown

8. p2user

p2user Regular Member

So do you think its worth it? Even though its not brought for yourself? I assume you tried it yourself or not bothered?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. GripFixer

GripFixer New Member

Hallo everyone!

My name is Sofie, and i am writing on behalf of the GripFixer Team.

We are very flattered of all the interest in our Gripfixer!

I assume based on your internal messages, that several of you are afraid that the product does not live up to your expectations? we have received a lot of good feedback from our customers and test coaches, and for fact know that it works.

If you are still interested in the GripFixer, can I offer that you can send the grip fixer back for free if the product doesn't live up to your expectations. Then you will be able to try it yourself, and do not have any costs.

If you are interested then send me a private mail on: gripfixer@gripfixer.com

Kind Regards

Sofie, GripFixer

#9 GripFixer, Jul 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    precrime3 likes this.
  10. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Quick little update because I kept you guys waiting during the lockdown:

My gf is also a coach and used my gripfixer on some beginner level players. Some played with it a couple times and are now able to use a correct grip by themself now. Another finds it hard to get to used to, they are working on it. They are true beginner level players and have to work on their entire arm and body movement, so it may take a little time, as expected.
    Overall, seems decently promising. Quality seems very durable. Hope they can skim a bit off the price in the future versions.
    Hopefully get more experience with it when normal training begins in a month or so and we can try it out on some players who have a little more skill but still struggle with the grip. (I have some players in mind already :D)

11. RichF

RichF Regular Member

I finally bought one as the price has approximately halved.

Overall I like it, it's great for:
    • Absolute beginners
    • 'Long-term bad habit' players
    • Players who have average technique but need tweaks e.g. leaving a gap between the index finger and middle finger
    • People learning that the backhand grip(s) isn't the thumb grip! :p
    I bought the medium size and it's fine for kids probably as young as 10, the 'small' must be tiny!

I would recommend keeping one in your coaching bag and using for drills where someone is struggling to learn the 'muscle memory' for the correct grip.

#11 RichF, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    michael5098 and thyrif like this.