Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sp00k

sp00k New Member

2. sp00k

sp00k New Member

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Anyway, what is Tectonic series offer? I cant find anything on the web for what unique technology Tec series had that no other racket had.

As TC series offer us aerodynamic frame for fast atk.
    AN seried give us box frame for solid control with an airstream that said will provide us less drag.
    3DC are semi boxy with pointy sharp aero like frame, thus give us abit of box frame solidity & also abit faster swing for more powerfull shot.

4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    The Li-Ning "True Boxy" feel I guess

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ucantseeme likes this.
  5. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I am more interested in the TC80 though, 300+ with the N7ii stiffness

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's what I'm asking myself ever since they came out with that series. Another bit of completely failed marketing and promotion by Li-Ning. No wonder that there has been close to zero user reviews of any Tectonic racket in here so far.

And not to forget - it looks reeeeeally goooood! :D

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I tested a demo Tectonic 7 a couple week ago and I must say.. this is finally LN giving us something just "normal", but you know, normal sometimes can be fantastic. It's quite a normal box frame shape, no twists or turns, no changes in shape from box to aero, and the result is... clear and solid feedback on hitting the shuttle. Tectonic 7 is also very even balanced, weight is high 4U, felt very easy to swing and generate power. Shaft I would describe as medium (if you know N9ii shaft then this is very similar). It has punch and clarity, and is good for both beginners and advanced players. It's quite a gem really and I keep itching to demo it again.

T7C just feels more my kind of racquet with a bit more head heaviness and a touch more weight, although it's still borderline 3/4U (I wish they would just make a proper 3U but LN's 3Us have never been fantastic tbh). Hopefully I'll be able to demo it too. The advertisement and release coverage of these racquets have been atrocious but if enough players get their hands on them I'm almost certain it will be LN's most popular line of racquets even without any professional players "selling" them.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  8. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The striped parts at 5, 7'O clock positions are slightly thinner (from the grommets side view), and they say it will offer better frame flexibility. I am not sure how frame flexibility improves anything and they sure failed to explain how and why it helps.

I am interested though in LN boxes.

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    They are cheaper compared to other LN models.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

then it could be similar to Victor TK series Catapult tech or Yonex 88S flex point.
    But Victor said it will increase power but other side Yonex said it will improve control.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

How should adding flexibility at any spot on a racket improve control?! :confused:

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

idk. They said so. But V said that it add power yet Y said it add control. The same tech but different result.
    Well... I guest it just a gimmic marketing stuff.

13. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Due the 83g you will end up in the 38.0 area for the head weight which is lower than the N7II.

#5934 ucantseeme, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Where? In france the tectonics are at 195.00€ which is close to their highest prices here. The tectonic 7C seems to be most interesting to me, but this 72 holes pattern? Come on it is 2020 and not 1990. As long as I don't get 3 unstrung rackets for around 450€ I stick to what I have.

16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If you check mrp on the grip for 3DC, AN, TC high-end end models it will be 2180 RMB but for Tectonics MRP is 1680 RMB.
    Here in India Aeronaut 9000 comes for INR 13,500 (~160 €) but Tectonics 7 comes for INR 10,500 (~123 €), unfortunately they seem to be expensive near you.

You can also check US prices here:
    AN 9000: https://shopbadmintononline.com/badminton-racket-aeronaut-9000-p-2428.html
    T 7: https://shopbadmintononline.com/tectonic-badminton-rackets-li-ning-c-234.html

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

Lightweight, Strong and Responsive are the Key Characteristics of TecTonic Technology Badminton Rackets
    TECTONIC badminton rackets are built on the TECTONIC Technology Platform and are produced from a special light weight T1100G carbon fiber that delivers incredible recovery time and strength. This high-modulus carbon fiber offers substantial performance improvements over other carbon fibers and can be found in aircraft structures, rocket launchers, high end sporting goods and more!

source: https://shopbadmintononline.com/tectonic-badminton-rackets-li-ning-c-234.html

Again they failed to clarify TECTONIC technology, but there is some info about material and racket characteristics.

sp00k likes this.
  18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    IMO a new line don't need this evil empire marketing stunt. But I ask myself if this 20+ rackets in each line are really necessary. The rackets sound often pretty equal on paper or are different by nuances. In my universe I really embrace less choices. This helps to make decisions.

s_mair likes this.
  19. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i think Lining is trying to provide us racket that would fit for us perfectly in all aspect.
    Like if we buy a racket but its to head heavy, well... Lining had less had heavy version. Or if you find a racket that feel to light then they had a bit heavier version.

Let say its true that 1 from bunch of Lining racket would be fit me perfectly. The problem is how i can tell which one will fit me unless i buy all their racket & test it myself one by one. But doing so will cost me really alot. Unless ofcourse they offer a trade in for other Lining racket, but so far all their good deeds seems going to bad way with to many choice for us to pick.

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This exactly. I haven't bought any new Li-Ning racket since they were introducing those Combat, Instinct etc. "variants". Cause let's be clear, there is no such thing as a "more head heavy variant of racket X". Changing the balance/stiffness of a racket inevitably changes its character and feel. So a TC75C simply will not feel anything like the normal TC75. And then how to make up your mind on a decision when there are so many options that are very, very close on paper?

I remember well all the discussions we had in here regarding their whole new naming stunt and to me, it turned out exactly the way I expected it. The whole thing just got so darn intransparent and overwhelming. And as always, they completey failed to implement and maintain a decent information and marketing strategy. They had a good start with the well-done 2018 catalogue, but there has never been a proper follow-up on this afaik - would be so easy to do this as a website. And imo, that's why the AN9000 siblings has flopped like they did - I could not make sense of their position in the lineup. And it's even worse with the Tectonics.

Li-Ning are really good in making high quality rackets but their marketing is still just as horrible as it has ever been.

#5940 s_mair, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Saru, speCulatius and Sumanth99 like this.