Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    The F09.1 has less mains and crosses so in total it is not as dense then regular rackets (similar to Überschall). The Kalkül range is the opposite, more strings so a denser stringbed
    The frame of the F09.1 however is more similar to the kalkül. It still has a nice compact feel but is relatively lightweight, pretty flexible and head heavy.

Jayaraj and Dave1011 like this.
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Its been a while since I tried n9ii so I'm not the best person to compare them. From what I can remember, maybe the Kalkul A3 or Uberschall F3 would be similar.

3. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Haven't tried the F3, but the F5 has a similar whippy feel as the N9ii.

Dave1011 likes this.
  4. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

thanks.. i love N9II, but after 3 or 4 games i feel N9II become to heavy..
    so i want something similar and lighter than N9II and i want try adidas racket...

5. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

Thanks for the information. Gives me good perspective when comparing to victor.
    Anybody knows about Spieler P09.1? This seems to be not part of the catalogs shared in this thread.
    Seems like a stiffer more power oriented version. Any thoughts?

6. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

Good to know that. I was under the wrong impression.
    Does the strings in Uberschall feel like not close enough?

7. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

And how does the factory strings in adidas spieler and uberschall play?
    Is it at least 24 lbs?
    Or is it not useable at all?

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The factory strings in the Spieler range weren't good and low tension.
    Ive not tried any Uberschall with factory strings

Jayaraj likes this.
  9. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Yeah, my F5 and A5 were pretty terrible too. I read one of the labels on the strings and it was a power team string, so that's from their older range. Not sure how that happens, but gives you an idea of how bad it is.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Dave1011 likes this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I have yet to see any racket with just an acceptable factory string job. The best advice when buying any racket is to directly order it with a decent set of quality strings at a decent tension. It will boost the performance of even low- to mid-level rackets instantly and noticeably. I wonder why Adidas ships out some of their higher-end rackets like the F5/A5 strung instead of doing the right thing and ship unstrung and include a set of decent strings in the package like they do it with the P8 for example. That's the only way it should be done.

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  11. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Never heard of it. Where have you seen it?
    Similar, but lighter? What does that even mean? Similar in headweight, but lighter in overall weight? Similar in overall weight, but lighter in headweight? Similar in stiffness and balance, but overall lighter, also giving it less headweight? What about the frame shape? Should it be the regular sized Isometric shape or do you not mind a smaller head? I've never played the N9II, but from what I understand it's a racket that's very moderate in every regard, adding the possible interpretations of "similar, but lighter" gives you all the different replied you got so far.
    If you look at @s_mair 's review of the 3U P8, that seems to be close in head weight to his N9II and the P8 is the most head heavy racket by adidas. It does have a compact head shape though. If you don't mind that, even the P7 and P8 might be options for you. Other than that, the F2 came to mind, adding a bit of flex, not losing too much weight in the head (compared to the P8)... Then, the P2 and P3 should not be far off that either (I only tried the P2)... this really can go any direction, thus you got all those answers and I was just able to add even more.
    Any racket without a compact head would fall in that category... and that's all, but the P7 and P8 of the current range (P5 and P6 were dropped, afaik). The Wucht P2 is a great and quite 'forgiving' racket, for example...
    F2. Stiffer, more material in the head, I think even higher grade of carbon... but they're totally different rackets, so that's the last thing to compare!
    Probably the A2, because of the missing weight... F2 is not slow for being one of the more head heavy Adidas rackets, though. I'm starting to believe that the missing strings do make some difference in aerodynamics (that's what Adidas does claim).
    You can still adjust your string and tension to make up for that difference. it's not all that huge. In my opinion the quest to find the perfect tension and string starts over with every new racket anyway. Isn't that part of the fun?
    F2 out of those three, without any doubt.

Jayaraj and s_mair like this.
  12. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

Thanks for ur answer. Tbh i dont really understand racket technical specs like that. First time i buy N9II because i love the color lol.
    i mean overall racket weight. I already buy F5, that racket is beautiful. Tomorrow i will get racket string with No 1 boost.

speCulatius likes this.
  13. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

Thanks for the detailed response. P09.1 is available in Asia, not sure about other places.
    p091-5.jpg

By the way, I purchased A09.1 . Plan to get F2 as well, but on hold for now as we are going into another lockdown from tomorrow.
    A09.1 looks good, swings seems to be fast. Sounds a bit dull, but that is to be expected from lower range.
    First racket without brand name in cap.
    I got a booklet with the A09.1 which has all the stringing patterns of adidas. The F2 pattern is definitely weird.
    Does it make any difference if we don't follow that pattern? I don't think in India, many stringers follow such instructions.

14. speCulatius

A slightly stiffer A09.1, other than that, identical weight and balance. Could be a great (value?) racket, considering that the price point of the Spieler rackets is very fair.
    Is it the factory strings? They ARE dull. The feedback is not as refined as the higher ranges, I especially like the Kalküls for that, but there's some feedback, at least with strings that have some tension.
    I love that they add this to every racket. The F2 pattern is weird, but I'd just go with the Babolat (and factory string) variation:
    Do the mains, tie off at the top.
    Do the crosses.

Seems like somebody who got a test racket here earlier complained about that and they changed it then... I don't see what's wrong with tying off at the top, though.

Please share your thoughts when you get to play again and until then, take care of yourself and others!

Jayaraj likes this.
  15. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

It is not just the stiffness. The frame is box (hexagonal in A09.1), they have a dual rail in the outside of the frame to add to power, and they have an arc like reinforcement at the T joint which is visible outside. This increases the power transfer, I guess. So, overall, this will be more powerful, and slower in papers.
    I had the A09.1 strung at 26lbs with lining No.7 (I like a bit thicker strings). I haven't played in court. Maybe the opinion will change in an actual game :).
    Here, if we dont specify mains and cross tension, they will string everything at same tension (like 26 all around). Which makes it a bit more than 26, i think. How do you guys string? 2 lbs difference between mains and cross?

16. speCulatius

With the P in the name, I assumed it would have a hexagonal shape like the other Wucht rackets. My bad. I think that'll make a bigger difference in feedback, but not power. IF there's a difference, the hexagonal shape should swing faster, thus might be more powerful, but if it's the same size of the head, the difference will be irrelevant. Same for the (slightly) different T-Joint. I see them as budget versions of the Kalkül (P09.1) and Wucht (A09.1), and both ranges offer a stable platform; a stable T included.

Am I the only one who thinks the names should be switched around and it should be P09.1 for the Wucht like racket and A09.1 for the cheap version of a Kalkül?

Jayaraj and Dave1011 like this.
  17. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    The Spieler rackets are a bit confusing because they are some kind of mix.
    The letter A/F/P is seemingly related to the string pattern?
    F09.1 has überschall like pattern. A09.1 has Kalkül pattern.

Maybe they should have come up with unique names/numbers for them.

Jayaraj likes this.
  18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

100% agreed. Their naming logic is so consistent throughout the rest of their lineup, my OCD has been crying itself to sleep over this hickup.

Anywhoo, I've played the A09.1 and I would 100% recommend it for any beginner or even regular casual player. It's a solid and super supportive performer - as always, the factory strings completely suck though. And I'm really interested to see how an entry-level Kalkül would perform. Hope they will bring it to Europe too.

speCulatius and Jayaraj like this.
  19. Jayaraj

Jayaraj Regular Member

Can anyone compare wucht P2 and p5(available here)? These are 3u right? Does it feel heavy or is it fast enough?
    What is the shaft thickness in wucht? Seems thick.
    My concern is with the grommets in wucht. It seems like those are not normal grommets. Elliptical in shape. So if one cracks, how do I replace it?
    Also, if I add some lead tapes to A2, will it become a good all round racket?

#359 Jayaraj, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  20. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I taped my A2 to better suit my desired spec. It was quite pleasant but still too light and headlight. Great power for such a light frame! I prefered the A5/A3 for being more responsive but found them too light too, both in 4u. I had a brief go on P2, still have that, A09.1, F5 (probably sell this on), P8.

Id suggest P2 as a starter. Its very middle of the range so we can suggest options to go stiffer/softer, more/less headweight if required. Its 3u so on the heavier end, but even balanced compared to the P8.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Dave1011 and Jayaraj like this.