India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Yeah. But some parts, we could accept what he is trying to say. That is, BWF could conduct many tournaments in a sigle location. But they need to get approvals from different tournament organisations . And also, we need not worry about quarantine period as players would have undergone quarantine period when they enter their country.

I remember one proverb in Tamil " Oru kal rendu Mangai", means, you can get 2 mangos throwing one stone.

Just enter a Country and play 3 tournaments.

This idea is exceptional. He also suggested BWF in differentiating the players according to ranking and let them play different level of tournaments in different countries.

I mean conducting 3 super 100 level tournament in one place and 3 super 300 level tournaments in another.

It does not matter what we say, it's all in the hands of BWF.

We know BWF is BWF. ;)

Baddie lover likes this.
  2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i don't see many complications regarding how it would be run. the issue is who would pay for it, get credit for it, name it, etc... it comes down to branding and sponsors: asia/oceania regionals, europe regionals, pan-am regionals, etc.

ms in one region, ws in another, all doubles in the third. 2 tiers of tournaments in each run concurrently @ 2 separate venues: 1-32 seeds in venue #1, 33-64 seeds in venue #2. after 4 weeks of 8 tournaments @ 8 different point values (tier 1 wt 300/500/750/1000, tier 2 fs/is/ic/wt100) in each region the circuit will rotate regions. players decide how many of the 4 tournaments they want to play to maintain their ranking.

it can be done. i have an operational framework & cost matrix for sponsors and member associations. too much to type.

gopichand's idea is a great start.

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

This is what I meant by complications ;).
    Plus I think the red tapism in bwf will lead to too much delay assuming this plan will come into reality. Plus so many players coming from different countries in 3 particular countries would create trouble for 3 host countries regarding checkup of athletes and then the host associations have to talk to their respective governments for suggestions. Which countries are willing to take a risk ? Also, who'll pay for athletes and officials' stay in those countries for such a long time. Member associations will also get a slack in funding from governments as Govt will have "better" things to focus on.
    If it's possible to somehow read your ideas, I'll be interested. Gopichand's idea is a great start and possibly the best solution but I still think it's not workable as too many parties need to be at same page.
    I think the first plan was better. That all level of tournaments of MS should be done in same country, likewise for WS and Doubles. 3 different countries for three different categories. WTS 300 MS happening in one country and WTS 750 MS happening in other country will lead to more complications.

Plus, can member associations afford to keep their players in different countries for so long ?

#3903 Baddie lover, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  4. Baddyforall

Let us keep everything aside and look into Sumeeth Reddy and Sikki Reddy's wedding video.

It was very beautiful. Mixed with modern trends without giving up traditional values. It was extremely eye catching video.

Sindhu, Saina, Gopichand some of the big names who attended their wedding.

Satwik was as usual very vocal .Lol

Couple was very happy dancing together. :)

#3904 Baddyforall, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Baddie lover and Biglever like this.
  5. Baddie lover

Some beautiful Telugu women in that video ;) Sindhu and Saina looked gorgeous there. Wow, they enjoyed a lot in "Haldi" ceremony. At 5:46 in the video , I saw my class teacher (of class 3 in school) who congratulated Sikki and Sumeeth. Some months ago, I got to know she's the wife of the former Intelligence Bureau chief and former Andhra Pradesh Governor. Sikki and Sumeeth looked great. Will look out for videos of Saina-Kashyap marriage :)

6. Baddyforall

Indian players' reaction on BWF's decision of conducting tournaments from August

“It’s straightforward for those playing the Super 1000s, but for those having to choose the next rung, it’s again travel and risking airports – Hyderabad, Taipei, Korea, Thomas Uber Cup in Denmark, and New Zealand a week later. Don’t really know what to think of it,”

“Twenty-two events in 5 months is extremely tough on the players. Firstly, there is a question mark on international guidelines and how quarantine will happen. Don’t know how they came up with this when the travel restrictions are still in place. We all want to get back to sport but there are lot of question mark now, we haven’t yet started practice yet,” Parupalli Kashyap told PTI.

“22 tournaments in 5 months from August to December 2020…5 months non stop travel … biggest question is what are the international guidelines of travelling during this #coronavirus pandemic??,” Saina wrote in her twitter.

“Tennis didn’t even come out with any plan till October,” she wrote in another tweet.

B Sai Praneeth, who is a front-runner in qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics, was equally unimpressed.

“It is stupid to expect players to play 22 tournaments in five months. They are not thinking about players. BWF president is an Olympic champion, so they should have thought how can players play week after week. Even a fit player can’t play so many tournaments, it will surely lead to injuries. I didn’t expect this from BWF,” said Praneeth, a World Championship bronze medallist.

“People are thinking of travelling less in these times, it seems BWF didn’t think whether players can play or not, they are just thinking about themselves.

“They should have realised the Olympic qualification criteria instead of the schedule. There is still no clarity, why we will play so many tournaments, right now everyone is thinking about Olympics, and how will they count ranking.”

Chirag Shetty, who along with Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, had won the Thailand Open Super 500 and reached the finals of French Open Super 750, also slammed the BWF revamped calendar.

“I was taken by surprise that there are 22 tournaments in five months. All of them are the ones we usually play. From September till December not a single week left out. Even last year we played 17-18, we played all 500, 750 and 1000 and two 300 events, even if we do that in the months to come, we have to play every week. It is stupid. They should have given some break,” he said.

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...rnaments-five-months-players-shocked-6423058/

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...dar-criticism-saina-kashyap-praneeth-6423029/

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. Baddie lover

BWF acting like a shrewd corporate organisation. Their announcement for the revamped calendar seemed so hurried and without logic. All players can do is plan accordingly. Players and officials will be exposing themselves but it seems party must go on for BWF $$$

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ...and just like that, bwf is back to normal: monumental idiocy.

9. Baddyforall

Arjuna Award is making H S Prannoy nuts. Earlier he posted a tween saying , “The guy who has medals in CWG and Asian Championships not even been recommended by the Association. And the guy who was not there on any of these major events recommended. #thiscountryisajoke.”

Then he deleted the tweet.

But Explaining the tweet, Prannoy said, “It was something I felt I needed to do. I wanted to convey that this is what has happened and in say 5-10 years from now, there should not be any cases where people are targeted and their names are not sent for something like this.”

“They came out with their own version that (Kidambi) Srikanth and I have disciplinary issues. I don’t want to comment on that because I can now apply for the nomination on my own. I don’t need to go through the association,” Prannoy told indianexpress.com.

After Prannoy took to Twitter, an unnamed BAI official was quoted as saying in a Times of India report that the player’s name had been dropped ‘on disciplinary grounds’, and that Prannoy and Srikanth had hurt India’s chances in the semifinals of the Badminton Asia Team Championship in February.

“If they want to do something like this, they have the power to do it since the association is above the players. They have done their part and given their punishment. Now I can at least proceed with it my way and put in my request for Arjuna Awards,” Prannoy said.

“I will definitely be fighting for it, I will not let it go. I want to see how far I can go because I think I deserve the award, looking at my performance and lack of recognition last year,” said Prannoy.

"There have been a lot of players in the past who have not received recognition and I feel that their names should have been there. There are many shuttlers worthy of getting Arjuna, especially from my state Kerala,” he said

“Sanave Thomas and Rupesh Kumar are some of the best doubles players ever produced by Kerala but they have not received the award. These things have always happened to players from my state. There is no one to speak for us. Getting these kinds of awards needs a push and a pull,” he said.

10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PGBA resumed training ?

12. Baddie lover

Hmm maybe. Some days ago, I saw ashmita chaliha training in Assam as well.

13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes other cities have allowed to resume training but Telangana didn't allow.

Baddie lover likes this.
  14. Baddie lover

15. Baddie lover

16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    New badminton equipment brand they claim is completely Indian, transform-badminton-india but I couldn't stop thinking about those 5 stars in the logo, which is deeply disturbing (5-star :-( ). I seriously doubt any Chinese investment. I hope my doubts are just doubts and they rather change stars in that logo.

Baddie lover likes this.
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Telangana government allowed for the resuming of training activities from 5th, hopefully PGBA resumes soon.

18. Baddie lover

Uber Cup
    India, China, France , Germany

Against China, most we can expect is 2-3 loss. For that Sindhu and Saina need to be in full shape and win against CYF, HBJ. Very tough matchup against China.

Against France and Germany, I think it should be comfortable. But with doubles and third singles , we need to be careful as Sikki/Ponappa is not reliable.

Thomas Cup
    India, Denmark, Germany, Algeria

Against Denmark, it'll be really tough for the win. I think Satwik/Chirag can win MD 1 and Lakshya can win MS 3. BSP vs AA will be very crucial for the outcome of the tie (MS 1).

Against Germany and Algeria, they should win comfortably. Though against Germany, I think our second doubles will be the weak link.

Assuming internation flights get resumed here and Indian team gets to participate in TUC, I think training should start now as they have been out of rhythm due to no training for the past few months. Hoping that Indian players get back to great shape. All the best to them.

Baddyforall and Sumanth99 like this.
  19. Baddyforall

BSP - last time when AA played, he struggled really hard to get points against Sai praneeth. The match went like 22-20, 20-22, 22-20 in favour of AA.
    I was expecting an easy win for AA. But, the quality of wrist work Sai showed on that day was amazing.
    We know Sai's fitness. Hope he found ways during lockdown to tackle that weakness of him.

Sumanth99 and Baddie lover like this.
  20. Baddie lover

Hope so :) and also hoping that this lockdown doesn't make him more lazy :p