Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

2. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    林丹

46分钟前 来自 iPhone客户端

2000-2020,整整20年,我也要跟国家队说再见了,原来说出口真的很难。

2000年,我为成为了“中国队的林丹”兴奋又自豪。我的家人、教练、队友还有球迷陪我度过了很多个巅峰时刻和艰难的低谷时期,每一次奋力地跳杀都是对胜利的渴望。走过四个奥运征程,一直没有想过离开,也不愿去想。我把一切都献给了这项热爱的运动。“坚持”,每个煎熬的时刻我对自己说,让自己的体育生涯可以拉得更长一些。比起年少单纯地追求名次,这些年我更想挑战一个“老”运动员的身体极限,实践永不放弃的体育精神。

37岁的我,体能和伤痛已经不再允许自己和队友并肩作战了。有感恩、有不舍、有不甘也有无奈。之后的日子,我希望有更多的时间陪伴家人,也会去寻找新的“赛场”。

感恩国家成就了我,感恩教练栽培了我,感恩家人陪伴着我,感恩球迷们支持着我,还要感谢优秀的“对手”们激励着我。我也想对所有正在努力追求梦想的你们说,永远保持渴望,把弓拉满,放手去搏!

热血不灭,步履不停。我期待国歌在赛场上不断地响起,期待熟悉和崭新的面孔不断地走上领奖台。没有人永远年轻,但总有人年轻着,热爱着,奋进着…

敬礼,林丹

3. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

I'm crying, my first and only love :( Wish you all the best, Dan Ge!

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Chinese shuttler Lin Dan announces retirement
    Source: Xinhua| 2020-07-04 13:07:33|Editor: huaxia
    http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-07/04/c_139187886.htm

BEIJING, July 4 (Xinhua) -- Chinese badminton great Lin Dan announced his retirement on social media Saturday by ending his 20-year glorious national team career.

"From 2000 to 2020, after 20 years, I have to say goodbye to the national team. It is very difficult to speak it out," the two time Olympic gold medalist said on Weibo, China's twitter-like social media.

According to Chinese Badminton Association, Lin Dan has submitted a formal retirement application a few days ago. Taking into consideration Lin's personal preference and his current situation, the Chinese badminton national team agreed Lin's retirement.

______

China is very lucky to have Lin Dan, doubtedly they will find and produce another Lin Dan, he's one of the kind, all badminton fans certainly will miss his action but there's time for retirement, good luck GOAT!

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow somehow though I had expected it, but it feels quite depressing to hear that in this depressing time.. too sudden.:(:(
    Sad to let him go but it must have been tough for him too to go on. He mentioned frustration and all with his physical limitation and pain.

Forever grateful to you LD. Wishing you all the best in all of your aspects in life, GOAT!
    GodDan !!

Justin L and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Chinese badminton superstar Lin Dan retires at 36
    [​IMG]
    AFP
    Jul 4, 2020, 12:48 PM
    https://sports.yahoo.com/chinese-badminton-superstar-lin-dan-retires-36-054851688.html

Beijing (AFP) - China's two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan, arguably the greatest badminton player of all time, announced his retirement on Saturday aged 36.

It means that Lin, who won gold at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Games, will not compete at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which were pushed back to next summer because of coronavirus.

The end of Lin's glorious career comes just over a year after the retirement of his great rival and friend, the Malaysian star Lee Chong Wei.

The duo reigned over the sport for more than a decade and have only relinquished that hold in recent years as their powers waned.

Lin, who had something of a "bad boy" reputation during his younger days and has several tattoos, ends with 666 singles wins and a glut of medals.

"My family, coaches, team-mates and fans have accompanied me through many peaks and difficult troughs," he said in a post on China's Twitter-like Weibo that quickly went viral.

"Every forceful jump was a desire for victory.

"I have dedicated everything to this sport I love."

As well as the double Olympic golds, Lin was also a five-time world champion and a long-time former world number one.

Lin earned the nickname "Super Dan" at the peak of his career.

However, the left-hander's career has tailed off in recent years as age and injuries took their toll.

He always said that he was determined to reach the Tokyo Olympics, but his ranking of 19 in the world and the postponement of the Games made that dream unlikely.

Lin had always maintained that he would try to make it a last Olympics hurrah in Tokyo in an unlikely bid for a third Olympic gold.

But he said on Saturday his body would not allow him to plough on.

"'Persevere', I said to myself in every moment of suffering, so that my sporting career could be prolonged," he wrote on Weibo.

"Rather than simply pursuing rankings as I did when I was younger, in these years, I have been wanting to challenge the physical limits of an 'old' athlete and practise the sporting spirit that I will never give up.

"(But) my physical abilities and pain no longer allow me to fight alongside my team-mates."

______

Justin L, Nine Tailed Fox and yuquall like this.
  7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

His body tells this is it!
    2x OG, 5x WC, 2x Asian Games, 6x All England plus Thomas Cup (6x) & Sudirman Cup Champion (5x), very hard to find any player who can break this impeccable record.

rhoder, Neel Dhebar, Justin L and 3 others like this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Come to think of it, LD's last title of his career was MO and so was LCW's, iirc?

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Still having a hard time to digest the news, and it's a gloomy time. Been trying to find something to distract this mood.

I know this is off topic. Watching this video and this awesome dog. (I think he is the dog's GOAT of volleyball). Do you think we can ever have a dog badminton GOAT?

Justin L and Baddie lover like this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

oh my. That dog is awesome!

13. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Thanks Super Dan!
    Congratulations on your retirement!!
    Hope you enjoy the life with your family

Justin L and Baddie lover like this.
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

More complete article through BWF news : https://bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2020/07/04/lin-dan-calls-it-a-day/

Lin Dan Calls It a Day
    04 July, 2020
    TEXT BY DEV SUKUMAR & LIM ZONG YEN | BADMINTONPHOTO

[​IMG]

Two-time Olympic champion Lin Dan, one of the all-time greats, announced his exit from the Chinese national team today, indicating his retirement from international badminton.

The Chinese left-hander, winner of Olympic gold medals in 2008 and 2012 and five World Championships titles, was the most accomplished men’s singles player of the post-2000 era.

“I have been with the national team from 2000 to 2020, and it is very difficult to say goodbye,” Lin wrote on his Weibo account.

“In 2000, I became the Chinese team’s Lin Dan, and I was happy and proud. My family, coaches, team members and fans accompanied me in many hardships, ups and downs. Every jump smash was a hope for victory; I journeyed across four Olympics.

“I was not thinking of leaving and not willing to think of it. I gave my everything to this sport that I love. ‘Persevere’, I tell myself during every hard time, to let my career prolong. Compared to my younger days when I chased rankings, these (last few) years I challenged myself to the limits of a senior athlete, and living the spirit of never giving up.

“At 37, pain and injuries no longer allow me to fight with my teammates. I have gratitude, a heavy heart and unwillingness. In days to come, I hope to spend more time with my family, and I will also look for a new ‘court’.

“I’m thankful to my country, my coach, my family and fans. Thank you to elite opponents who motivated me. I wish to tell all of you who are chasing your own dreams, always keep your hunger and give everything.

“I hope the Chinese anthem will keep playing on the court. I hope to see familiar and new faces on the podium. No one will be young forever, but surely there are people who are young, passionate and striving…”

=====================================

He will be missed.

Stay tuned for more coverage on Lin Dan.

Justin L likes this.
  15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

He may take part CHN National Games next year and CBSL (China Badminton Super League) as well, Beijing team.

Justin L likes this.
  16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lin Dan last international tournament is All England 2020 :
    upload_2020-7-4_17-24-38.png

His last international title : MAS Open 2019
    upload_2020-7-4_17-26-32.png

Justin L likes this.
  17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I hope he comes in PBL some years later :oops::oops:

18. lurker

lurker Regular Member

LD before all his tattoos

IMG_7652_.jpg IMG_7501.jpg

Neel Dhebar, rhoder, yuquall and 4 others like this.
  19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    As good as Zhao Jian Hua. On par in terms if skill. Wasted that there no og in 80s. Happy retirement.

Only lcw can beat him in total titles and malaysian open titles.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, I'm somewhat at a loss for words though somehow I've been expecting it in view of the novel Coronavirus pandemic and all the uncertainties affecting the Tokyo Olympics and the international badminton scene.

No doubt, Lin Dan (if you would excuse my cliche) will be sorely missed by all badminton lovers for quite a while. To be frank, personally, I'd wish to see him go out with a bang and there were several occasions for him to do so the last couple of years, the final one being the Malaysia Open 2019 where he unexpectedly won the championship a la the Lin Dan we know. Nevertheless, his decision to retire now still takes nothing away from him simply because he has got nothing left to prove. What else can I say?

Super Dan, truly the GOAT, his name will forever remain synonymous with badminton, the sport's greatest icon, the god of badminton if ever there was one.