What is the Covid-19 situation like in your country? (Badminton related only)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by LenaicM, Mar 13, 2020.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Sounds obvious, never the less I say it: Don't await much and don't try too hard. Just enjoy and fade in activity. Even due your training badminton has maybe become an unfamiliar load for your body due the break. Start slow, do proper warm up and do your best to not get injured. :)

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

after my 3rd 2hr session last night this week so far, body DOMS feels much more manageable

kwun and ucantseeme like this.
  3. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

Definitely some time in July is the word from one of my clubs, and I'm sure the other will open in July too. In the meantime I'm going to try outdoor pickleball (cross between badminton, tennis and table tennis).

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Yep, be very careful with your shoe-lacing.

I developed a blister on the skin just below the toe nail of my dominant foot.

It took a week to get rid of the pain.

I don't know why it happened. But I remember the shoe feeling extra tight mid way through the session.

5. Joran

Joran Regular Member

So just had my 2 hr singles session. And it honestly surprised me. I found my touch back after playing for 1 set. My outdoor training actually made my legs stronger which resulted in smoother and faster footwork. I am now faster than ever before. Maybe i need to continue these outdoor workouts. They seem to have a good profit.

6. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    PM here has just annouced that all cinemas, pubs, restaurants, hotels will reopen from 4th July, but not indoor gyms!!! :(:(:(

7. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

I get to play for the first time in months on Friday. There will be ten people.

8. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Have fun my man, will be good

Magwitch likes this.
  9. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

I'm happy to read that I am not the only one thinking that playing doubles is risky even if authorized.
    My club opened the 15th of June and I was happy to play single, even if the rules weren't very strict : changing side of courts at the end of the set, using same shuttle (marked but what is the point if nobody cares about taking in hand shuttles from others), but since we were only 10 players max, it was ok for me according to the safe distance from each other.
    But then French Federation authorized doubles from 22nd of June, so on 2 courts (out of 4) we were allowed to play doubles with only one restriction (no contact) ... and 16 players allowed in the gymnasium with one supervisor, who also plays. Since then I stopped playing, because I don't think playing double is safe, with no mask. But I'm quite sure that I am the only one in my club who stopped and it's very hard to know, others are playing and I'm not. And I am still resisting to go back and play doubles again, knowing it's the right decision, but it's everyday mindblowing.
    Social pressure is a b....

#289 flyingcords, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    sokol250 and ucantseeme like this.
  10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    We are allowed to fill all courts (9 courts) with doubles. no maximum members at a night. there must be just sub groups of 10 people max who can mix inside their group but not with others to have just one person have direct contact with 9 other members.

I still train with my partner on a seperate court just for us and we still get jokes for beeing careful. Since all courts are not full, we can have this privilege. The next step is for us to play fixed a different fixed pair to minimize contacts. We will try this next week and keep this as a mix of 1 on 1 training and playing a fixed pair for around 4 weeks to see how it goes. Around 100 citiziens of my city work at tönnies. Germans will know that I play in a hot spot.

Yesterday I have seen that others did also handshakes/high fives on rallies. smh.

sokol250, endFX, s_mair and 1 other person like this.
  11. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Glad that more people are finally able to get back on court!

Hope you guys take precautions, and I hope no one tries to be a hero, and plays if they have any symptoms of any kind of sickness (we have a few people with just normal colds and I get pissed when they come play. Now is NOT the time to be spreading any disease, much less one that has symptoms similar to Covid. Here in Xiamen you get dragged off for covid testing even without any symptoms, so if you DO have symptoms you can be denied entry to supermarkets, restaurants shops, or even your house and you will likely be brought to the hospital for testing.) So I feel like spreading any germs now is pretty reckless and unkind.

phihag and sokol250 like this.
  12. sokol250

sokol250 Regular Member

business development
    Hi folks. I’ll put my 5 cents into the topic.
    In Moscow, all badminton gyms officially opened on June 23. For me it's terrible. Officially, there are certain instructions from the epidemiological state, but in reality there are very few who follow them and even more so control them. I refused to go to the gym. I play in the park now and probably have to play until the autumn...The gym is stuffy and hot and no one wants to be masked, people also take off the mask, when playing in the park, but at least the air flow reduces the risks. In general, yes, I am afraid to play MD in the park too, so I try to play it with my wife....

13. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

Went in for the first session, and had a temper
    I played yesterday, and they take your temperature before playing, and also ask that you sign something indicating you don't have any symptoms and haven't been in recent contact with someone with symptoms. At least with the temperature check a person who tries to play with a cold might be denied entry. At the end of matches we touched racquets together.

14. phihag

phihag Regular Member

No touching, mandatory masks everywhere but on court, and leaving a phone number for contact tracing here in Germany, but on the court, you can play normal badminton. It's encouraged to keep the same doubles partners, and not to change ends.

With ~5 daily infections per million people, plenty of ICU capacity, and roughly constant trend of infections, this seems sensible to me.

So I was on court yesterday! Despite having lost all timings and abrading a coin-sized piece of skin at my foot, it felt great. Can't wait to go back again, although now I feel exhausted and probably have to rest a couple of days.

nokh88 and speCulatius like this.
  15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I started playing on 17th June 2020. Thrice a week, at different locations.

Same everywhere, with temperature taking and leaving contact numbers. We can play doubles and also change partners. No physical contacts unless you accidentally bump into each other.

16. Razor-BladE

Personal Trainer
    Finally the leisure centres can reopen on the 25th July!

s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I cant wait to have a game with my kids on a real court rather than on the garden!

18. Razor-BladE

Personal Trainer
    I know right. I've only played twice in the park since lockdown, so I'm so looking forward to this. I'm hoping it won't be difficult to book a court!

Dave1011 likes this.
  19. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yeah that might be an issue!
    I have 3 leisure centers nearby so I'm hoping I can get a court at one of them!
    The kids enjoy playing in the garden but its not the same as getting them on court.
    They only really started playing during lockdown so haven't played properly on a court before.

20. Razor-BladE

Personal Trainer
    Yeah same, several leisure centres close by me, and the closest one 2 mins down the road has I think 8 or 9 courts so shouldn't be an issue!

Wow they're going to be in for a treat! :D

Dave1011 likes this.