'Yonex Master Stringer' technique and knot

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mzc888, Mar 24, 2014.

1. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I eat Poly for breakfast!!!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It's mono that's the hard one.

In every sense - like trying to weave bamboo through a chainlink fence.

3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

A chain linked fence with barbed wire?

4. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Hmm, he's fast but a lot of things are going in his favour. Pre-weaving, double-pulling the first 2 mains, and last 4 mains, and the Protech 8 is wicked fast. I wonder how fast an amateur like me would take, if only I could even rent an hour at a pro shop haha.

5. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    I recently had my racket strung at a yonex national tourney in India from yonex stringer . He did some one unusual thing which i was not able to fathom. I told him to do a 28*30 on BG65 ti with 10% pre stretch . He went on with pulling but no pre stretch , i was afraid to remind him because he was a pro . When he was pulling the middle strings for both mains and cross he applied 34 lbs !! . Actually I didnt say anything and was only looking at string job cursorily so as to not make him feel like a normal shop stringer . However the string job which turned out only lost 1 lbs and still feels crisp/fresh and lively even after 20 days or so . May be some one can shed light on this.

6. anthony.nguyen

anthony.nguyen Regular Member

Student
    how many of the middle mains and how many of the middle crosses did he apply 34lbs to?

7. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry but not sure but I think 2 and max 3. Next time I will try to see more attentively and also ask to try him .

8. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    I just sent a couple of rackets to Halim for stringing. One is a friend's Yonex Voltric Tour, and the other one is my LiNing G-Force 8200. I heard good reviews and personally tested an Astrox 88D strung by him. The string was BG 66 Force @ 26 or 27lbs. Very lively with a resonant ring. Control was easy and the sweet spot felt larger. I'll find out tomorrow how it compares to the string job of one of my favourite stringers from Ayer Keroh Sports Centre.

kakinami likes this.
  9. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    After trying Halim's stringing i must say... I still prefer Ah Kuan as my first choice, but i no longer live in Melaka. I'm not sure how I would compare the 2 of them in terms of their string job, but Ah Kuan of Ayer Keroh Sports Complex brought out a longer lasting ping, crispness and better playability. Don't get me wrong, cos Halim's stringing brings out a different kind of character. It's either that or I'm so hooked on the "Ah Kuan feel" that I judge every other string job comparing to that.

kakinami likes this.