Gym workout

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Ketan Patil, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil Regular Member

Should I include lunges and other exercises to the programs?
    Lunges are very commonly used on the court.

2. Mason

Mason Regular Member

I would do the workouts as they are designed. The lower body work that you will do in these programs will work the same muscles that are used in a lunge so do not worry about that for now.

Overall try not to over think this, these programs will get you stronger and more explosive. Both of these programs are made by professionals who for a living train athletes. So pick one and have at it.

Ketan Patil likes this.
  3. Ketan Patil

Thanks for the great advice!
    I will discuss this with my trainer.

4. Ketan Patil

Should I do cardio on the rest days?
    The program says lower body light on Friday or Saturday, so should I use the other day for agility training, cardio and other things?

5. Mason

Mason Regular Member

On off days you could do badminton footwork training as your cardio ...

Ketan Patil and Cheung like this.
  6. Ketan Patil

Thank you!!

Mason likes this.
  7. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

The forum has a like button for a reason. So you can click that if you like something.

8. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

You are 15yo, well, I would not go for heavy weight. Your body will grow alone and you don't need max strength to play badminton or any gym training at all to be good in badminton at your age and level. A heavy frame will be even limiting your ability to be fast on the court. A rule of thumb:
    1. low rep, high weight for max strength (so, do you like to lift a 100kg barbell above your head or 90gr racket ?)
    2. mid rep (8-12) for building muscles (think bodybuilder/fitness model, for the look)
    3. high rep (>15) for muscle endurance

The most important aspect of sports and a common missconception is, that performance and power depends on muscles and training the biggest visible muscle will improve your performance. In fact, performance is tightly bound to movement patterns and the ability of your body to coordinate and time all the muscles to execute a certain movement pattern. E.g. a jump smash will most likely involve hundreds of muscle to be executed, just training the quads will not be the solution to get a better a jump smash.

That does not mean, that gym training is unnessary, it will help you to get you in better shape and at higher level it will improve your perfomance, but you will get the most performance boost by practising the movement pattern involved, and this is training,training, and eventually training. And with training I dont mean to play some matches with your friends, it mean to get a coach or get into a club and start a badminton training.

9. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

A badminton coach might tell one person they should do certain physical exercises, and tell another person that they are strong enough or more than strong enough.Both may struggle to get length on a shot, but one because of technique and one because of strength and technique.

If you are as strong as the average male adult or a bit stronger, then that could be all you need, for badminton

Really, lifting weight is good for a young man, don't just do it to improve your badminton, unless you are a top badminton player, then everything might be for badminton!

Ketan Patil likes this.
  10. Ketan Patil

Nice to hear! :)

11. Victor Lindholm

Victor Lindholm New Member

Go for the heavy weights and low rep only (reps depends on what muscle) to not get slower:)) One rally is Only like 5-10 seconds so world elite players need explosive muscles. Also you dont want your 2a and 2x musclefibers to be slow. For aerobic endurance I think it is better to run long but not at your max so that type 1 musclefibers is the only muscles that are used. Then you should train intervalls HIIT with short periods of work and long rest (like a badminton match) to get the anaerobic endurance you need during rallys (and aerobic while resting in the HIIT workout).
    Don't trust me too much because I am 19 and these are just my theories, but they are very good.

Ketan Patil likes this.
  12. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Please please reconsider this. Seek medical professionals for your health problems and not bro-science steroid websites. I'm not even a doctor but I can tell you that taking steroids to fix sleeping problems and lack of energy is a BAD idea.

Ketan Patil and Victor Lindholm like this.
  13. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Be careful what products you use.

Cheung likes this.
  14. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

Come on dude, it's a spam post, posts like that have been on this forum repeatedly for a while, linking to something, don't take them seriously.

Odds are it's a bot.

15. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

One can never be too careful. I had no idea it was a bot, sounded like a real person.

SARMS is something shredded sports science on youtube talked about, that is what raised the red flag with me.