Story about your 1st game after long break

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Budi, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

So, finally i had access to private court.
    Court belong to some cluster house facility. Just small 1 court, not quite high roof but at least good to have some fun.

Doing some drill at home does help for my stamina. Didnt feel to much sore after 2 hour games.
    But just that, all my touch & feel really messy:confused:.
    My drop shot, eerr cant say it a drop shot but rather food for my opponent to smash. Glad they had the same effect & not as agile as before:p
    I smash my partner back 3 times in row:p (sorry my bro....).
    My foot feel pretty heavy & unresposive.
    Forget the net, my foot just to lazy to move there.
    Everything feel ackward. Idk how to say it, its as if im driving car in slow speed like in a heavy traffic & suddenly im teleported to high way & high speed. Everything seems to be very2 fast. Any of my friend shoot seems to be faster than what used to be, as if like im a beginner that any smash seems to be a flicker in my eye.

Hopefully i can get an access to the court again to uncompress all my data about badminton in my mind & body.

2. lurker

lurker Regular Member

i had zero exercise tht I am proud of during the whole quarantine period
    It would be a painful 1st week for me... starting today................ gonna take it real slow

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    My first game I played after 2,5 months was also awkward. My dropshot was not on point. It went into the net, I struggled with my sliced dropshot and the variation of faster and slower dropshots. Regardless if forehand or backhand dropshot I had a huge error-rate of 50% and normally I'm consistent and accurate like a swiss clockwork. My smash also struggled. It was also a timing issue to hit them steep. I smashed much flatter than normal and also had more smashs into the net than usual when I tried to get better angles. Footworkwise I didn't had a problem. I had enough energy of nearly 2,5 month carboloading for my cycling tours. ;) The feel and accuracy at the net was also not there. After 1 hour drills and 2 games my forearm and shoulder was sore. Now I'm in better shape again and needed just 3 nights to fix the steepness and the dropshots. Got back to 80% of my accuracy. The netplay is also better, but not at 100%. I estimate 1-2 month to find back into my previous shape.

phihag likes this.
  4. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

Well I actually played better than usual. I'm quite new to the sport, and I often find if I don't play a sport I'm weak technically at for a while something about my technique is different in a good way when I play again. So I did suspect this could happen! I also finally got to play Golden Point, which we won.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Where is the dislike button?