Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They have done it for the last 3 years + 3 titles in 2016.. This year sets to break again with 1 title + 1 final so thats 2 final from 3 individual tournaments + BATC title.

So i guess 2021 next while 2020 is outlier..

3. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Video source of live IG interview with Kevin by PBSI

Kevin is not big talker apparently lol it's hard to get the conversation going.

Summaries of the interview in English :

I : Kevin, hiii! Hi
    K : ....
    I : Hi Kevin, I can't hear your voice. Hello, Kevin. Hello?
    K : ..... maybe you have ears problem..
    I : OMG, we only just started. This is only sound testing.
    K : 'kay.
    I : So Kevin can you say hi to all those who have joined us here?
    K : Where?
    I : Whe..? Go see the number there, there are 4900 who have joined us to talk with Kevin. Greet them Kevin. Helloo?
    K : ..
    I : Hang on. There might be some problem
    K : .. there is a call coming.
    I : Hello? Are you ready?
    K : yeah..
    I : Greet the requester first.
    K : Hi, everybody.
    I : It was so hard to schedule an interview with Kevin even though it is quarantine period. But finally we can get Kevin's time. Thank youu!!
    K : Exaggerating
    I : What? No. it's true, there were so many request asking Kevin even from the first episode.
    Can anyone witness this? A call from Fajar Alfian, trying to ruin this live interview.
    So Kevin, have you seen the new schedule?
    K : Not yet.
    I : No? I thought of asking your opinion of it as it was pretty tight. So you haven't seen it?
    K : Nope.
    I : So..
    K : What the.. Fajar is calling me!
    I : I knew it, Could you turn your phone in airplane mode while keeping the wifi?
    K : It won't help, he can still call me on Whatsapp
    I : Oh right. Fajar please I beg you don't interrupt this interview, it was so hard to get Kevin's time. Don't disturb!!!

I : Kevin, do you feel the pressure and high expectation as the world no.1 and how do you deal with it?
    K : Oh I feel the pressure mentally, physically and everything.
    I : Haha, seriously?
    K : Of course serious.
    I : Ok, but how do you cope with it as you still win many matches?
    K : Well, I try not to think about it. Just think about the game when I play not the expectation from society.
    I : So you just focus on your game?
    K : Yeah, except before the match begin though..
    I : Before the match? ... is it Fajar again?
    K : Mentally pressurised. Yeah (it is Fajar)
    I: Fajar so so please don't disturb.
    K : Never mind. Let him call so we can end this interview.
    I : OMG no no don't

I : So in your career years were there moments when you felt the most failure or when you think why was it like this? Could you share it with us your hard moments?
    K : Well there are more failures than successes in my career, so I kind of get used to it.
    I : Oh come on, you have numerous titles.
    K : If it's the whole career years then there are more failures for sure.
    I : What made you the saddest or down? When is it?
    K : I feel sad whenever I lose. Especially when the expectation was so high, of course I feel so sad when I lose. Especially in important tournaments.
    I : What you do to keep your motivation?
    K : Keep training and make it a motivation to revenge when I lose.

- Refreshment-
    I : Have you ever feel bored and what do you usually do when you do?
    K : Hang out with friends, go Jetski sometimes, do things I enjoy. Used to go Jetskiing on the weekends. Not at the moment though.
    I : So you like things that pump up adrenaline in your hobby?
    K : yeah Jetski is exciting, speedy.

Talk about sponsorship .. which was covered in the article before. Target, rackets, jerseys etc.
    The target is 5 Super 500++. Last year the goal was to win a medal WC, since they failed to win a medal in WC, they had to win Gold in OG.

- Kevin got nicknamed "Crazy Rich Cipayung / Ciumbrella"-
    I : What do you do with the prize money, do you invest or save it? As "crazy rich Cipayung"?
    K : What crazy rich?
    I : You are the crazy rich, you are at the sky up there, then there is earth and underground.
    K : You and Wid are the crazy rich
    I : I just amen to that. Just answer the question.
    K : I save some, invest some and spend some for my leisure
    I : Any other business?
    K : Just Vinion for now

- Minions relationship outside the tournament
    I : How close you are with Marcus outside the matches?
    K : ... eh? .. haha
    I : Have you ever talked about anything other than badminton?
    K : Rarely. Even in training we both went home straight away so we don't meet that often.
    I : So it's a more professional, but you can communicate well on the court?
    K : Well, on court we both know what to do.. we usually talk after the match more often. But on the court, we don't talk much as we already know each other. Just like how you see me on court.

- Relationship with parents or family or friends
    I : Are you close with your family? Do you talk with them often? Heart to heart?
    K : I never really speak heart to heart.
    I : What about your closest buddy, is it Jombang?
    K : Yeah it's Jombang, but we never really talk heart to heart. Only girls do that.
    I : Do you miss going home?
    K : Many delicious food. Seafood, as it's close to the ocean. Noodles.

- Necklace -
    I : Many people are curious about your necklace.
    K : One is shuttlecock with racket, the other one is a cross.

- Cooking skill -
    I : What do you do to kill time during this time?
    K : I usually train, play game, and sometimes I cook when I am hungry.
    I: Oh yeah? What do you cook?
    K : Steak usually
    I : Do you have a secret recipe or ingredients?
    K : Oh very secret, I cook it till it burns.
    I : Do you miss your mom's home cooking?
    K : Well, not really. I eat anything.
    I : What you fussy about then if not food?
    K : I like fashion, I buy (a lot of) shoes especially.

I : Anything you really want to do when the lockdown is eased down in particular?
    K : Jetski if I have time... I enjoy staying at home actually.

I : Any message to your fans?
    K : Keep supporting Indonesia's badminton, in wins or loses. Because players usually give their all, nobody wants to lose. We work hard, we train hard and there is nothing certain in badminton.

I : One more thing, do you think the postponement of the OG is a good thing or bad thing?
    K : Well as I said, we will never know with badminton. It's hard to say. It all depends on the condition at the time. If it's our blessing then it's ours. We just prepare and do our best

I : Okay then, thank you so much again for your time..
    K : .. overreacting.
    I : Can we do this again next time?
    K : Yeah if God permits
    I : Thank you. Have a good holiday
    K : Thank you

visor and Baddie lover like this.
  5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Kevin with his witty replies. Trolled the interviewer quite often. Interesting to see this side of Kevin as he usually never talks much.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol... He's just as cheeky as on court air swinging and missing on purpose those shuttles that he knows are going out...

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah he is too comfortable with the PBSI reporters. He banters a lot with the other one named Wid in particular. Lol
    In one session that reporter complaint that Kevin kept giving the same anwers all the time and Kevin answered that she kept asking the same questions all the time what could he say.

Coach Aryono named Fajar and Kevin as the "problem kids" in training. Ahsan was asked if he had ever been pranked by Kevin but he said never. Marcus said Kevin never did such thing to him and said because Marcus never did to him either.

In other interviews Kevin is usually very shy and polite with other interviewers. But once anyone "provoke" him, he will have it at you forever :p thousand eyes for an eye?:D

visor likes this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Team Fire (loud etc) vs Team Water (cool etc) :D

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

G2 point after 13-9 @DenmarkOpen vs AhsanHendra. Gill said Kevin must be the most proactive player in MenDouble , there's something about Sukamuljo that i gets taken to him. This despite she said AhsanHendra wonderful control and court awareness. Steen - you cant help but smiling at it. Look at that.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Trial tournament by PBSI with covid 19 safe protocol starting today.
    Can be watched using MOLA TV.

Order of play Day 1 MD
    1. Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana
    2. Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri
    3. Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yotje Yacob Rambitan
    4. Muhammad Rian Ardianto/Daniel Marthin
    5. Mohammad Ahsan/Leo Rolly Carnando
    6. Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh. Reza Pahlevi Isfahani

Warming up

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Arggh the streaming only available for those in Indonesia #$%$#%!@#$:mad::mad::mad:

MD - Match 1
    Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani
    21-18 13-21

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

MD match 1 result :
    Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani
    21-18 13-21 19-21

Sounds exciting.. Darn Geo block!!

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Moving to the second match :
    Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs Mohammad Ahsan/Leo Rolly Carnando

Warming up

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

21-11 14-21 23-21

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Both Kevin and Marcus won their first match with their respective partner in this MOLA TV PBSI Home Tournament

--- Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh. Reza Pahlevi Isfahani vs. Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana Riyanto with score 18-21, 21-13, 21-19. The game went tight in the third game, Hendra/Pramudya led 18-16 but Kevin/Reza managed to turn the result to their favor 19-21 in the decider.

Post match interview -
    Reza : Thank God we could win, I still make many unforced error in the match. Hopefully I can do better in the second match (later in the afternoon)
    Kevin : The opponent pair was pretty solid. Actually we all have pretty much the same strength and we know each other's game. When the third game got tight, we only thought that if the game weren't over then we still have the chance to score points

Reza : I don't feel any pressure partnering Kevin, instead I was happy to get this experience to play with senior players
    Kevin : It's good to have this kind of tournament, especially when we hadn't been in tournaments for a while. Moreover they rotate the players to make new pairs so it becomes more interesting.

Source : http://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9129

--- Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs. Mohammad Ahsan/Leo Rolly Carnando with score 21-11, 14-21, 23-21.

Fikri : I played quite well in the first game but my concentration went a bit off in the second game. Opponent got the better of me with their services. But we managed to cope in the third game even though it went pretty close. .
    Marcus : Our opponents were ahead of us in services. Their services were offensive and were hard to return. We lost points here. On top of that, Ahsan has dangerous overhead attacks, so we had to be ready to defense and be ready to counter.

Fikri : Though I have partnered with Marcus in training, but it feels different in this competition. This is like a formal tournament. Marcus often reminded me to keep my focus and to be calmer under the pressure from the opponents.
    Marcus ; I feel like the Men's doubles strength are pretty much on the same level. You could see that the junior players had given some fight back. I think the regeneration of men's doubles are good.

Source : http://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/9130

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Video for Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs Mohammad Ahsan/Leo Rolly Carnando started mid G2.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

MOLA TV PBSI Home tournament result Day 1 :

(1)Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani 21-18 13-21 19-21
    (2)Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs Leo Rolly Carnando/Mohammad Ahsan 21-11 14-21 23-21
    (3)Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yacob Rambitan vs Daniel Marthin/Muhammad Rian Ardianto 21-15 21-17

Second session MD result
    (4)Hendra Setiawan/Pramudya Kusumawardana vs Leo Rolly Carnando/Mohammad Ahsan 21-16 21-11
    (5)Daniel Marthin/Muhammad Rian Ardianto vs Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Moh Reza Pahlevi Isfahani 14-21 18-21
    (6)Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Muhammad Shohibul Fikri vs Fajar Alfian/Yeremia Erich Yacob Rambitan 15-21 20-22

[​IMG]

19. wade

wade Regular Member

Damn fajar can really play well with everyone, I remember when he beat gideon too back at superliga when he played with ivanov.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Who was Marcus's partner at that time?