Asics Court Control FF

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by smashinator99, May 14, 2019.

1. smashinator99

smashinator99 New Member

PRODUCT FEATURES
    • FLYTEFOAM MIDSOLE TECHNOLOGY (COURT)
    • Provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the duration
    • STABILITY
    • Seamless PU covered upper provides not only great stability but also durability and flexibility
    • BADMINTON SPECIFIC OUTSOLE
    • New round outsole construction provides smooth landing for quick footwork
    • REARFOOT GEL TECHNOLOGY CUSHIONING SYSTEM
    • TRUSSTIC SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY
    • The TRUSSTIC technology supports stable movements by reinforcing the middle part of the sole and preventing the shoe from twisting.
    • ORTHOLITE SOCKLINER
    • EVA LASTING
    • OCTOPOD OUTSOLE TECHNOLOGY
    • NC RUBBER OUTSOLE
    Anyone have reviews of this shoe from asics? Looks like it's specifically for badminton

Attached Files:

2. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Tried during vacation in Japan. Light, stable, agile and ample heel cushioning. But what makes me hesitate to bring them home is that the forefoot is little bit narrow for me. Still thinking if I should have tried the one 0.5cm bigger.

3. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Tried them on in Thailand. The Court Control FF definitely feels like an upgrade of the Gel-blade 6 which I was previously using. It still has that wrapped-around-your-foot kind of feeling, light, and you do have the impression that your feet would move faster on court with the pair on. The big upgrade is that the Court Control FF has much more cushioning and gel which the Gel-blade 6 lacks. They really do feel much more comfortable.

I definitely agree with the previous comment. I really want to bring one home since I think this is probably Asics' first badminton specific shoes by having badminton specific outsole. However, the forefoot is awefully narrow and stiff. Compared to the Gel-blade 6 which is also narrow, the Gel-blade 6 feels more flexible probably because of the material. The narrow and stiff forefoot is probably great for people with narrow foot, it should also provide much more durability. Sad news for people with wide feet though, and wearing a bigger size woudn't help since it'll just make the whole shoe bigger.

Andrew Javier likes this.
  4. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Anyone tried this compared to 65z?

5. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

Hi - late reply but I just signed up after lurking here for months...

I own both the Asics Court Control FF and the 65z. I started with the Asics but as mentioned it's better suited for narrower feet (I have just slightly wide feet, not enough for the wide sizes of Yonex which feel a bit too big in the front for me)

I was getting some foot pain after the first month of using it and almost twisted my ankle twice - therefore ordered the 65z (twisting of the ankle I can attribute more to poor footwork because I almost twisted my ankle using the 65z once too).

Foot pain went away after switching as the 65z has a bigger toe box and front area. Cushioning wise I would say that the 65z has a bit of a softer feel also.

Tried using the Asics again recently by significantly loosening the laces as much as possible and they feel better than they used to but I did get slight foot and knee pain (again maybe poor footwork). Durability wise it's too soon to tell but the Asics seems to just have a little more sturdy construction. So for now I will be going back to the 65z and use the Asics only on casual playing days.

6. Briyanihayakawa

Briyanihayakawa Regular Member

I got the Court control too. Similar to you felt the forefoot was a bit tight as I have wide feet. I tried half a size bigger and it felt better. But over all the grip and comfort was good. Didnt have any foot or knee pain after. It felt good for me as I am on the heavy side. Really liked the cushioning from the gel.

7. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Actually just ordered a pair of these since I just sold my old gel blade 6 and needed a replacement for a speedy pair of shoes for playing doubles. Will try them on court soon. Just like my review a year ago, I am again a bit concerned about the shoes being narrow. However, I went to try them on again at the Asics shop and they didn't feel as narrow as when I tried last year. Maybe my feet got more narrow after so much of badminton? :p

I also recently bought a Yonex Comfort Z 2 and can make a comparison if anyone is interested. So far I feel the shoes is very heavy and stable, probably similar to how TSchops described the 65z above. That is exactly why I wanted something like the court control ff to compensate for a more speedy and fast pace kind of play.

8. ein_roboter

ein_roboter Regular Member

Student
    OK I think I'm in love What a beautiful design! If it's as good as the Gel Blade series, than count me in. Hope they sell it in The Netherlands

9. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

I'm interested in Court Control FF and Comfort Z 2. Please do a comparison. Can you please also tell me what is the weight of both shoes. Thanks

10. DinB

DinB Regular Member

They are two different type of shoes. The Comfort Z 2 is heavy and stable. I use it when I play singles. After a couple months of use, I do feel it lacking ankle support, compared to a shoe with similar profile from Victor like the P8510. It sometimes feel loose and wobbly around the ankle but I never rolled my ankle yet so all is fine for now. The cushion feels hard but responsive, giving a lot of feedback.

The Asics Court Control FF is a speed shoe with upgraded cushion. It feels heavier than other speed shoes, like the Asics Gel Blade, since it added the gel technology. The gel feels soft and provides very good support. Put a bit more cushion and it would become a stability or a support shoe. But for now it is nevertheless a speed shoe and provide less stability than the Comfort Z. For me it is perfect for doubles.

As far as weight is concerned, I can't tell you the exact number. All I can say is the comfort Z 2 is much much heavier. In fact it is probably one of the heaviest in the market.

Iwan Pandin likes this.
  11. Briyanihayakawa

Agree about the Court Control FF. Just been out playing with it and still feels good. Enjoying the Gel technology they use for running shoes on the badminton court

12. evan1222

evan1222 Regular Member

I was using Asics Gel Blade, then switched to Yonex Power Cushion 65z2. 65z2 felt heavier, wrap around nicely and felt solid. However I
    have problems with my toes after using 65z2 and after reading the reviews here, i got myself a pair of Court Control FF...in new colours. :) Will be trying it out this weekend to see how good it is.

Attached Files:

Briyanihayakawa likes this.
  13. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

I Bought Asics Court Control FF and used it for about 1.5 half months. The forefoot feels a bit narrow for me. The cushion is excellent. I was using Yonex Power Cushion 48EX before this shoe. The cushion way more better than the 48EX. The gel seems work wonder in absorbing pressure on high impact. Its heavier (330gr). The 48EX is 270gr.
    The Court Control felt sturdy and can last long.
    The downside is the ankle cover is lower than the 48EX. It felt the Yonex offer more ankle protection than the Court Control.

14. d3sm0nd

d3sm0nd Regular Member

Hi may i know where you purchased this color? is it for ladies?

15. evan1222

evan1222 Regular Member

Bought from Asics online store. It's a new colour replacing the blue orange version. Not ladies

16. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I tried this in our local store. Fit is really narrow.

17. evan1222

evan1222 Regular Member

Tried it last weekend. Just a quick review.. Narrow at the front and the ankle seems lower than Yonex Power Cushion 65z2m. Nevertheless, the Asics' cushioning is good, softer and more comfy than the Yonex. However, i find that the 65z2m was a better fit overall although a bit stiffer compare to this. Design wise, Asics won has down!

18. Briyanihayakawa

Check out their webpage for information about Court Control FF, https://asics.tv/2VtIBmS

Also, Saw this on Instagram. The new colorway looks amazing! Never seen this colour before, gives a very futuristic feel.

upload_2020-8-4_16-3-32.png upload_2020-8-4_16-4-7.png
    upload_2020-8-4_16-4-27.png

Attached Files:

19. Briyanihayakawa

adding the link to the ASICSsg IG account:

20. d3sm0nd

d3sm0nd Regular Member

I'm currently wearing Mizuno size 10, do you think i should add another 0.5 or 1 size more for the Asics?