KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

@KWSKJP

Can anyone post the raw weight of the Master 900 (Without strings and with Standard default grip) both 4U and 3U. The reason i ask is i got both King k9 and honor s6 which says 4U (i.e. 80 to 85 grams) but the weight is 86 grams raw (refer pic below). I wanted to buy Master 900 and wanted to know the raw weight so that i can choose either 3U or 4U. If you can post the raw weight of both the rackets that would be great!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KWSKJP likes this.
  2. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Need to remove the plastic wrap for the raw weight, which is normally around 2g.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

3. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

@BalajiSethuraman

Did weigh the Master 900 3U before gripping but strung. It was abt 90.5g.

4. BalajiSethuraman

Plastic wrap is 2grams omg!! I have it let me weigh it and see ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BalajiSethuraman

Ok that’s sums up!! Ideally the string would weigh around 2-4 grams based on thin or thick string.. so I believe it would be 87 grams!! Bang on!!

Thanks mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. humz

humz New Member

Can anyone shed some light on the Master 900 4u version? I wanted to know how it performs for doubles compared to the 3u...

7. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    A customer brought me some old rackets. One of it is one from Kawasaki:

IMG_7257.jpg IMG_7259.jpg IMG_7260.jpg IMG_7262.jpg IMG_7263.jpg

Strung with a natural gut :)

8. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

Tried on the 4U briefly as well. In short, even speedier than the 3U with no compromise of the excellent attributes as mentioned above. A head heavy spec racket but swings like a speed racket. That is an outright audacious challenge against competition. Outrageous indeed. It is just strange for such an attacking head heavy spec racket to swing with such speed yet preserving the attacking attributes and most importantly, feels built-in like a glove during control which is exactly what i had a gripe with. That it simply swings too fast for anyone's expectations yet raining missiles after missiles. You will start missing shuttles.

upload_2020-6-20_17-10-6.png
    upload_2020-6-20_17-10-45.png

#88 demoniez, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Tennyson, KWSKJP, humz and 2 others like this.
  9. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

#89 michael5098, Jun 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

This is my review of the Kawasaki Master Mao racket

Specs:
    87.5g (3u), BP 298mm dry, Yonex BG66 Ultimax at 26 lbs, 2 knots, Around the world.

Impression: Excellent packaging that comes with an exclusive racket case that no other brand has this kind of offering. Bundled with nice accessories giving you an absolute premium feel. Kawasaki has scored once again . The tech behind it is special mech frame throughout the entire inner frame which strengthens the entire structure indeed gave a very stable and solid feel. The racket felt good. Manufacturing grip was quite good because it can be used instead of having to remove it. However it became slippery later on. Another good thing is that when removing the manufacturing grip, it doesn't leave much behind on the wood handle. Racket is fast, stiff but not super stiff as expected of a slightly head heavy balanced racket with unique frame. The racket accuracy is top notch, similar to high end control rackets of other brands. General aesthetics is beautifully designed with a matt finish.

Gameplay: Easy and fast, but would requires a bit more energy nano second after the impact compared to some more head heavy rackets like 99, 88D and TKF. At my level of play, clear is usually effortless regardless of racket anyways. Driving is very good, fast and responsive. Smashes are better than expected given the technique is accurate and snappy enough. The racket is able to produce fast smashes (not sure if the smashes are heavy but fast smashes). However due to the fact that the racket is stiff and meant for players with good techniques, newer players will struggle to produce power, especially because their swing isn't concentrated at the point of impact. Thankfully, the sweet spot is quite large despite being a more conventional sized frame, large enough that I got in the sweet spot 99% of my overhead strokes. For some advanced rackets like Yonex Z-Speed/Z-Strike, the sweetspot is much smaller, making the racket much less forgiving

Rating:
    Clear: 8.5 (Ax 99 4u as 9)
    Netting: 9.0 (Z-Speed as 8.0, Ax 99/88D 4u as 8.5)
    Accuracy: 9.0 (Z-Speed as a 10, Ax 88D as 8.5, and 99 as 7.5)
    Drive: 9.5 (Ax 99 4u as 9.0 and 88D 3u as 8.0)
    Smash: 8.5 (Ax 99 3u as 9.5, 88D 4u as 9, TK-F as 9, Z-Speed as 7.5).

Overall:

The racket give great feedback which probably help greatly with its accuracy. Basically you can calibrate your shots quite easily. A very solid, attacking racket that surprises you with its undemanding poise. Very interestingly made and have not seen anything like this so far.
    upload_2020-7-22_19-54-8.png
    upload_2020-7-22_19-49-34.png upload_2020-7-22_19-49-51.png upload_2020-7-22_19-53-4.png

#90 Tennyson, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  11. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Impressed by the accessories included. Towel, 3 grips, strings, racket cover and shuttles. Complete!

Good review!

Tennyson likes this.
  12. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

Which one is better between Kawasaki King K9 or Master 900 ?

Recently I tried dry swing Astrox 100zz and it was love at first swing. But I am gonna wait for its price to drop first.

From my reading, my understanding is the King K9 should be around the same vibe as 100 zz?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Different rackets. For instance the K9 is not stiff, more like semi rigid/ flexible some would say. The 100zz is stiff.

And main difference, the 100zz has a smaller stringbed.

14. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

Not sure which variant (3U/4U) of the 100ZZ u had tried as both are vastly different not just simply a weight difference. The Master 900 would feel more similar to ZZ 4U imo as both belong to a special class of stiff yet slight head heavy rackets yet swings so fast like a speed racket. ZZ 4U i felt is better in control due to the ultra slim shaft while Master 900 is more all round and direct response from the stringbed.

KWSKJP likes this.
  15. missclicked

Indeed the 100zz is rated stiff but because of the slim shaft and some magic technology.. with the enough swing speed, I can feel the shaft bent. I guess here is the 100zz magic at winning drives and sharp smash.

Is the master 900 better than king k9 ?

Also.. how to check the authenticity of Kawasaki rackets... thou I doubt this brand is not yet popular for counterfeit version of it being produced, But I need solid insurance or info.

16. missclicked

nvm... I have gotten my answer[​IMG]

17. missclicked

I tried the 4u version... dry swing it without strings... sorry for not being specific for it the first time around.

Thanks for your valued insight.

18. marios

marios New Member

I have K9, 100 ZZ 4U and I tested Master 900.
    K9 is verry different to 900. Much more flexible but solid smash, very good for drop shots, very forgiving.
    100 ZZ is not so forgiving, much more precise, and 900 is not so forgiving too,good precision. Smash on K9 is very good (stil not even near ZF2 4U), K9 and 100 ZZ are similar in smash. 900 is maybe better for smash.
    100 ZZ is very very fast, but k9 is fast too, Master 900 is medium fast.
    My conclusion is that K9 is for beg-adv players, forgiving, but fast and solid smash. 100 ZZ and Master 900 for more advanced players.

KWSKJP, missclicked and LenaicM like this.
  19. missclicked

Thanks for the input, I think the K9 would be br a better match for me.

I do notice the similarities in design between Kawasaki King K9 and Felet Woven TJ Power, but nobody shares their review for Felet product.

I think Felet have model of them which is similar to the Kawasaki Master 900, but I believe even if the blueprint or mold is the same, not all of then is a rebadge of each other.

Example I own Maxbolt nexer19 and only recently came to notice Kawasaki also have nexer19 in its model. Same decal, same head and shaft but Kawasaki's in 3u while Maxbolt in 7u. (nexer19 is a keepers, Dont plan to ever let go of this)

20. marios

marios New Member

We do not have Maxbolt brand in Europe so I cannot compare.
    Just one more clarification. 100 ZZ is not as easy to use as K9 but more easy than Master 900 and much more easy than ZF2.
    But it is very precise so how you point your racket 100 ZZ will put the shuttle exact in this place. That is because it has very stable torsion stability and stiff shaft. With K9, it is not so precise so you have more forgiving racket. Intermediate players like myself are not so precise every time so overall I have more mishits with 100 ZZ, but drives are turbo fasts so I put more pressure to opponent. You feal that you almost cannot be late. K9 is fast too oposite to some other rackets with this weight and head heavy balance.
    But I think that intermediate players can use 100 ZZ in good way and K9 is good even for beginners but advanced players too.

missclicked likes this.