Brand Racket charts and seller mesures

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Zaphod, May 8, 2020.

1. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

Hi there,
    I recently got interested in the nanoflare series from yonex.
    So I found the chart from yonex and also found them on a seller.

While the chart put them from medium to head light balance, the seller has the 370 and 380 as head heavy balance.
    For the flex some are stiff on the chart but measured as medium (for example the 370).

So I am a little lost.

According to the chart, 370 and 380 would be good for me. Also considering the 270.
    Between head light and even balance, and between stiff(whichiis too stiff for me) and medium stiff(which start being not stiff enough for me) .

But seeing the seller measures really makes me wonder what I should choose.

Any advices

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

The best advice is to ignore the charts :D They are a rough guide and miss some key details such as the weight (5U, 4U, 3U etc) and "swing weight". A light racket can have a head heavy balance but it is only relative to the total weight. It means that an even balanced 3U racket could have a heavier head than a head heavy 4U racket. Be cautious when looking at the balance without also looking at the weight. "swing weight" is hard to find for many rackets but it is a useful metric for how much effort is required to swing the racket.

3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

but only swing weight does not matter as well without racket weight, since 4u and 3u with the same swing weight - swings or more important maneuvers very differently

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

The best is still to try the racket I agree. But in the end, if we can't try the racket, what should we trust? Manufacturer charts? Website measure?

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Nothing:D

Even with website measurement, they only measure 1 & 1 only racket they own. We had to remember that there is production tolerant for weight & BP.
    You might get -2 weight & also -2 BP which makes it to light & less powerfull to your liking or +2 weight & +2BP which become to heavy for your preference.

6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

2 grams variance is actually ok, it is not difficult to adjust (with lead stickers or tape) that all rackets would have the same head weight and balance - so no probs with that

7. Swat

Swat Regular Member

You can only trust opinons and reviews here on BC :D