Racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daniel Sebastian, May 6, 2020.

1. Daniel Sebastian

Daniel Sebastian New Member

I recently became my college champion. Both in singles and doubles . Since now I got selection into the college team I wish to upgrade my equipments, so I need your help and valuable suggestions

I'm an intermediate player .
    Doubles
    I'm mostly defensive and front court player . I'm not so good at my smashes (not much power) ,which I really want to improve

Singles
    I'm good at placing my shots well and again I'm much more defencive , but I lack powerful smashes which i want to bring to my game. I feel it really difficult a no of times to hit clear shots from my rearcourt to the other side

My previous rackets are lining ss8 and artengo br 820 lite

Can you suggest me a racket which can help me play my defensive game along with powerful smashes under" 2500 " indian rupess please

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

You need to understand that when you take someting, you need to give something.
    With head heavier racket you gain more power but at the same time you lose your speed which will affect your defense.

As you are i club, why no try borrow friend racket to have a test & see which enjoy you the most. Better power yet acceptable speed loss.

Daniel Sebastian likes this.
  3. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Under $30.. hmmm o_O

4. Daniel Sebastian

Thanku for your suggestion I will surely try out some rackets . While searching online I came across an apacs z ziggler what's your opinion about that??

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

hard to say.
    I own AVP. Despite so many people love it, i cant find myself to like it. Its good racket, fast & manouverable, power is ok. I can play with it but it just that its not my style & preference. I kill with 1 big highly explosive rocket rather than rain my opponent with hundred bullet.

My love is on TK770 head heavy & 3U. This is my main weapon, but no matter how i love it, not all of my friend like it. Its to heavy for them.

& i didnt own ZZig, but even if i own it & say love it. Doesnt mean you will like it to. So better try it 1st if you can, if not no matter what i say, it just a gamble for you.

6. Daniel Sebastian

Thanks bro Can u suggest a racket with good precision at this price range??

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Victor TK HMR
    Yonex Astrox Smash
    Yonex Nanoflare Drive
    Apacs Virtuoso Performance

All is in your price range, if the price is the same as in here in Indo.
    Which one is good for you? Thats i cant tell. Only you can find the answer yourself.
    Anyway racket didnt makes you champion but your own skill that bring you to the top. You can kill a Dragoon with a kitchen knife if you are very skilled but you wont stand a chance agains a dragon even if you wield Dragon slayer spear if you didnt even know how to use the spear.

So, my advice dont go rush buying new racket. Stay with your old one for awhile. Trying many other racket & at the same time save some more money to rise your own budget.

8. Daniel Sebastian

Well said thanks bro for your guidance ❤️

9. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Do not buy head heavy rackets if your wrist work is not fast. Just to gain power, you will be losing on your defence which is your strength .

Walk into a shop and swing the racket. See what you feel good. Look for more of even balanced rackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk