Picture with Badminton Players

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ants, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

He understands a little bit, and can speak a little bit(i'll say half the Indo players that are here do, which IMO, they should be able to speak English quite well since they are playing in internationally and as well as to promote/market themselves better)...But not as fluent(fasih), esp. speaking in English. I experienced first hand, doing the translation for him last night in the Press Media room, and there were a few questions from the medias, esp. the ones that are spoken very fast and long, that shows he still needs some help in translating back to Indonesian.

#161 ctjcad, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, couple of reasons:
    1. When the reporter prepared me the question beforehand, it's much "easier" on me, as i can prepare the wordings and phrases more briefly/simply, instead of long phrases. But in the case that i looked "nervous", the question(s) was asked at that particular moment, so i then have to listen carefully and think how to translate it in a brief/simple way. It looks easy, but not really. The tv crew wanted a brief/simple questions & answers also.
    2. personally i would prefer speaking/more fluent speaking in English. But since they(the tv people) are looking for someone who is "fluent" in speaking English, rather than in Indonesian(or other language) then they don't mind if my Indonesian is not as "smooth" as English. Esp. translating back to Indonesia, a bit of a challenge, at least for me.

Well, on any other instances or occasions, i can always "make up" a question or answer, but if people understands them and i "make them up", then they will wonder also...:p

#162 ctjcad, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  3. badderschamp

badderschamp Regular Member

Wow!!!!

Wow you lucky devil taufik is my favourite player in the world i wish i was as lucky as you. May i ask where were u born.

4. Togey

Togey Regular Member

haha taufik was wearing a amtrix reloaded t-shirt :D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Keep up the good work ! :) You did great.

6. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

Hi ctjad, where were u today at the Finals? how come they change another translator?:p

7. mnda_315

mnda_315 Regular Member

I wish I was you in those pictures,. specially the one that you were between my fave players, taufik and sony. lucky you.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I was assigned at the Media Press room translator for the Finals, as the regular person had to be pulled aside for other duties. The LO members were being cut little by little, as the organizer kept taking away all the LO volunteers. :p
    Luckily there were other capable translator(Indonesian) to help out, and I'm also happy to see other people have the opportunity. Actually i was assigned to do both, tv as well as in the Press Media room..:p
    Lots of "work"...

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I was born in Indonesia, so am an Indonesian-Chinese. However, i've been living in the U.S. for 20 yrs.(more than me living in Indonesia) and already a U.S. citizen..And still able to speak/understand Indonesian though, fortunately..

10. Lucky Clover

Lucky Clover Regular Member

wow... u r so lucky... really nice n cool pics... do u hv any pics wif the malaysian players? saw u on tv 2... :D n i was thinking how lucky i m if i were u... ;)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

no unfortunately not with the malaysian players..mostly with Indo's or China's players..i just wasn't able to catch up, for one reason or another, and take pics with all the players, eventhough on many2 occasions, i was able to meet with them(esp. at the hotel)...:p..sigh, silly me..hopefully next time around..

12. Lucky Clover

Lucky Clover Regular Member

but that's great ord... 2 b able 2 meet all the indo players n b their translator...:eek: that's cool u know? a bit disappointed tho that u din get 2 take any pic wif the malaysian players... i was hoping i can get sum pics of them... :p if u hv any do let me know k? thnx a lot...:)

13. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    Hi "ctjcad", it's great that you can still speak Bahasa after all these years in US. By looking at the pics (in restaurants), brings back memory to those years that I have spent in LA. Anyway, thanks for the voluntary work.

14. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

sorry for the big sizes...

this are pics from the world champians...i was a liason officer helping out
    enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    chong wei is very funny..and nice too...always offering me food and stuff
    [​IMG]
    another nice guy...we had a long chat about his life in china and stuff...
    [​IMG]
    hanging out in koos room
    [​IMG]
    pi hongyan...man...i felt really heartbroken seeing her soo sad after her loss

hafiz and chong wei's invited me up to there room to hang out and what some movies...so i took a pic of there hotel patio...i didn't take any pics of them in the inside because they both fell asleep by the time i went back in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this guy is hilarious...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    good ol rexy...another funny guy...haha
    [​IMG]
    very sociable...haha she always asked me to take her and her friends to disneyland...lol
    [​IMG]
    misbun sidek
    [​IMG]
    not that social like her teammates but shes very nice and cool
    [​IMG]
    from seeing his videos...i always though this guy was a stern and unsocialble person...man how wrong i was when i met him! this guys is soo incredible friendly and easy to get along with...i remember we made plans with him and chong wei to go to a local mall to hang out but some stuff came up in the last minute...o well...he even gave me one of his shirts ^_^
    [​IMG]
    haha i talked to this guy a couple times during his practice...hes a really nice guy but he told me that he couldn't get use to the food in the us...lol
    [​IMG]
    i never got to know this guy...because i dun speak korean...but he seemed pretty nice...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    very nice guy...always asked me to sit with him between his games and talk...very sociable
    [​IMG]
    haha i saw him on the bus a couple times..we found out that we have alot in common...we like the same music, food and alot more...haha i have alot of fun talking to him even though my mandarine isn't that good...but yeh he invited me to hang with him the next time im in beijing...i felt flattered..
    [​IMG]
    im sure we all now who this guy is! haha funny guy...after his practice he gave me a shirt...
    [​IMG]
    man im telling u all right now...i had dinner with this guy and a coupld of my other friends one night and this guy can eat...foo scarfed down a t-bone steak in less then 10 minutes...

[​IMG]
    love this guy...always willing to take pics and sign autographs...very friendly to his fans...if u dun catch him at a bad time

thats it!

15. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

sorry, i cant see any pic at all...
    is it my com's fault?:rolleyes:

16. B3nny H4nn4

B3nny H4nn4 Regular Member

really?hm..thats weird...i think it is ur comp because i sent the link to my friends and they say they all can see it...hopefully they show up soon...haha sorry

17. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

Oh my Oh my... I'm so envious of u !!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

All the pictures were so well-taken n were so clear !!!

Wat can i say manz.............. :rolleyes:

18. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

thank you all the same:)
    my friend cant see it too
    maybe it is forbidden to china server:rolleyes:

expect your friends so...:D

19. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    I canot see aswell!

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I couldn't see them either... did you keep your photos within the size limitation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.