share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Nice!

Which set of stringingtools you you have there?

2. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

3. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I am just thinking to get a new machine and was checking Gamma 6FC. Is this Gamma X-Stringer X-6FC? It looks like one.

I am asking because you said it is badminton edition. Is there any difference?

It looks like you like it so far.

Thanks

4. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

Hey

> Is there any difference?
    They put badminton adaptors for machine clamps, just for you to be able to fix badm rackets out of the box. And you would need to remove big bulk head from drop-weight to have tension <=13.

>I am just thinking to get a new machine and was checking Gamma 6FC.
    Depends on what you want from your stringing process)

In my case I didn't aim for speed, but wanted to make some manual work hehe (too much thinking and keyboard typing at my work), that's why I chose drop-weight instead of electronic/crank. And it was pretty cheap new one. But it has some usability issues, like see attached pictures IMG_20191110_163843 (1).jpg IMG_20191110_163003 (1).jpg

TBH I would recommend asking people around, s_mair uses Tennisman.de which maybe better now for DW.

#484 Bkmz, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

If you want some good affordable machine options then I can recommend Superstringer T70 and S90.

SweString and ucantseeme like this.
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I feel like those bloody strings are designed specifically to annoy the stringers by getting caught on every tiny thingie there is. Tool tray, clamp levers, support bits, diablo, hight adjustment bolt of the stand. And what I hate the most: If you either step on the string or -worst case- end up with a sling around your leg without even knowing how that happened. :mad:

I know that these side support adjustments look like their main purpose was to catch the string but in fact you will get used to guiding the string around them when you're in the critical area after a while. I agree that the T70 and S90 might offer a tad more features for around the same money, but nevertheless I still think that the X-Stringers are very good machines.

#486 s_mair, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    arundeep, endFX and kwun like this.
  7. ssBalu

ssBalu New Member

tech
    Hi I'm interested in stringing...where to get this stringing machine in India any idea pls share

8. Michael Boyle

Michael Boyle New Member

Here's my VM-2000S. Got it in January and done about 10 racquets on it so far, totally loving it![​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

emjay and s_mair like this.
  9. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

This is my final pimping of my machine. Lighter colors do show more dirt so always dusting off my machine =)
    My best friend passed away about 4 years ago, he had a yellow Porsche, a yellow Webber BBQ grill, so I chose yellow to always remember him, my best friend's name was Jason Gilbert, so I dedicate this machine to him, he will always be in my thoughts whenever I string![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dave1011, Pantoufle, mskuo and 8 others like this.
  10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Classic Porsche „Speed Yellow“... brilliant choice and a moving history behind it. Love it.

kakinami likes this.
  11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Another re-spray, Alan?
    Have you got some wanted-stars you need to get rid of? :)

kakinami likes this.
  12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Final pimping? Somehow I doubt that!

s_mair likes this.
  13. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

I sent it to be professionally done 50000¥ =)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

20200527_152325.jpg 20200527_152445.jpg 20200527_152522.jpg 20200527_152636.jpg 20200527_152413.jpg 20200527_152257.jpg

My humble setup.. Got this machine back in 2019, stringed about 200~250 racket on it so far with no casualties :)

Machine does whats it supposed to do, which is pulling the string to certain tension, most important thing in my experience is the clamps, I upgraded the springs on the clamps so it clamped tighter to prevent the string loosen up a bit (few millimeters) after being pulled

Since my machine is two points mount, I added a DIY clamp (3 and 9 o'clock) to prevent racket deformed

Cheers

#494 deepinthemusic, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  15. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    It would be perfect if you could replace crank tension head with wise tension head.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

16. deepinthemusic

Thanks mate, i just learned that you can upgrade the crank tension to electronic tension, maybe one day if my tension head broken.

But for real, why though? Say if the head crank tension is still in good condition so i dont have to replaced, and i can get my desired result when stringing, do you still think i need to upgrade the head tension? Whats the advantage of an electronic tension, if i can get the same result using the crank one if i may ask?

kakinami likes this.
  17. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    More consistent stringing jobs.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

18. deepinthemusic

But i do get consistent result, before each job i always use an external scale not the scale on the machine because its not reliable. And i can string couple of rackets with the exact same tension guaranteed (with the same pinging sound)

But that wise head tension will be easier to operate (only 1 button pressed), aside from the price im very interested about it mate, thanks, maybe its time to save up some money

Super85 likes this.
  19. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Are you stringing in a shop? If you are, do the math, your labor and how many rackets you string per year. If you invest in a proper machine, you can raise your labor costs, a little, and build your reputation. For me when I was living in the US I was stringing on 2 Toyozouki String System 8's (Yonex Protech 8) my labor if someone brought in string was 15USD, and maybe if you figure labor on string from an in-house job might be10USD, and my reputation was good enough I was stringing about 2700-3000 rackets a year. If we just go off labor from in-house rackets for an 8500USD Yonex Protech 8 that is 850 a year and it is paid off, going off labor from rackets brought in that is 566 rackets. If you think your string job quality is great now, imagine using a machine where your mounting time is cut in half maybe more, you do not worry about having a bar support blocking your holes, your tension is near perfect with a constant pull tension head, your shop looks 10 times more professional with an electronic machine, and your customer base keeps on growing by word of mouth, this guy is stringing on an awesome machine! I am sure you can maybe get a Li-Ning or Victor machine cheaper, but a Yonex machine built in Japan is built to last. At home I have a Yonex ES5 Pro, which I got in 2006, 14 years old and still stringing strong. In the shop I freelance at use a Protech 8, would like to try Yonex Precision 9.0, but the investment in a machine saves you time and produces an excellent string job. Don't go the cheap route, I understand if it ain't broke then why fix it mentality, but if you love to string, you will love the machine <3

20. deepinthemusic

Thanks for teaching me how you did it, it was one hell of a story, i really think you are perfect at what you do. I did the math already, most i can string is 2/day. Thats on a good day, when im not really busy (i have other job, badminton stuff is not priorities in my store). Its not my passion. I love playing badminton but i dont feel the same about stringing. I started stringing for one reason only, i want my racket to be strung exactly to my liking. So 2 rackets per day, wont make sense to buy $4.000 let alone a $8000 machine. Nowhere in indonesia you can find a $15 string job. Nobody will pay for that price even if you do a perfect string job. The most people pay is rp.50.000 ($3.5usd) and thats already pushing it. On average the fee here is $1 for a crank machine, and $2 for a digital machine.

But hey, now i know what to do when i want to live in USA. Cheers.

Dekkert, Super85 and kakinami like this.