Badminton vision?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by BenjaminLucas, Apr 21, 2020.

1. BenjaminLucas

BenjaminLucas New Member

I wasn't sure what to call this thread. Just wondering if others had the experience I did when I started badminton. For the first three months I played I found that I often saw things much differently to the other three playing with me. Often my opponents would call a shot of ours out when it looked in by a few cm. The reason I didn't think they were cheating was that my partner would typically agree with the call, and also because the reverse would also happen, where the opponents would call their shot out when it looked in by a few cm. After three months the problem rectified itself, as when all three of the others agree on a call I nearly always see it the same.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Its common issue on club area.
    Most common issue i find in my club:
    1. Beginner or even intermediate sometimes didnt even know the exact rule. As what happen here, some people think the last position of the shuttle is what determine the final judgment. So if its stop outside the line even tho the 1st contact is in the line, they still call it out. Never tought this would happen but when i try to open discussion about it, then i realize they had different/wrong understanding.
    2. Kinda normal some player that aim just for a win, they would call it out even tho its close tight in the line. It happen alot with many different player.
    3. Vision as you mention also come into play. Everyone eye is different, some is a hawk eye & some others blurry. Even on pro level, line coach also do some mistake sometimes. But the thing for them is to call with certainty & no doubt, thus makes player respect the call unless the mistake is as clear as seeing elephant in the daylight.

LenaicM likes this.
  3. Pagz

Pagz Regular Member

I believe timing is the key factor here. With more experience, you can anticipate the trajectory of the shuttle much better and you will instinctively watch the shuttle at the exact moment it hits the ground.

LenaicM likes this.
  4. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

Lol you either plagiarized my thread or happened to think of the EXACT same question! https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/badminton-vision.182687/

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i think he is another you from different paralel universe that for some unknown reason he is thrown here & live.
    He had similar language & not to mention the same 3 month experience:eek:

Or maybe he just bored & troll here:D