Contraptions

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Magwitch, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Magwitch

Magwitch Regular Member

2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I use the fishing rod thing and it works fine. I don't see how this system is any better except the elastic instead of a nylon fishing line might improve the experience. May be. On the other hand the counterweight seems pretty light. I ended up using a gas bottle to lock the fishing rod, attached to a tree to make sure the rod doesnt move too much when hitting the birdie too hard, even for drives.

Also it gets pretty boring quickly to be honest and the shuttle doesnt behave naturally at all. I still do it sometimes but only for fun, which it is! It also allow to let go of the stress of the isolation as it feels good to smash that shuttle! But I don't get any valuable training this way. Shadow drills and hitting the wall are more effective for me.

speCulatius, Magwitch and Cheung like this.
  3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I've also been getting this ad ALL THE TIME on my facebook. I guess with the lock down they really added money to their marketing budget. :p

Magwitch likes this.
  4. woyg

woyg New Member

i've seen something like this on taobao - thoughts?:

upload_2020-4-20_13-26-30.png

this shuttle launcher seems affordable - but not sure if offers any valuable training:

upload_2020-4-20_13-27-42.png

5. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Would you mind sharing your setup? I tried it myself but the shuttle doesn't come back properly. I have a 5 meters height fishing poll. I don't know what length should I cut for the line ? As well as the angle?

6. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I have a 5 m one too. I attached the rod to a 60 to 70 degree angle and I learnt how to work around this setup. I use a nylon fishing string with the shuttle hanging around the height of my hips. I tried lower for practicing defense but hips high is my go to setup. I also broke the rod last week because of a long hard hitting session. It broke at the tips but well... it worked for 45 days. I think it's a lot of trial and error to find the correct setup. Also I dont play with the rod on my back but instead on my side. It works better for me this way.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  7. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Thanks a lot. I will try to make it work tomorrow if it doesn't rain :D

8. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I bought one. It's basically a fishing rod with an elastic string. Haven't found a good use for it since it doesn't travel like a normal shuttle. The shuttle flies really fast when returning due to the elastic string, so maybe a fishing line would work better. Might have to play around and adjust it to practise specific shots.

9. p2user

p2user Regular Member

I brought one too try, but its still stuck in china on the tracking info :( hopefully arrive soon so i can try it out.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk