Help me pick a racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JudahMyles, Apr 9, 2020.

1. JudahMyles

JudahMyles New Member

Hey all,

I picked up badminton again after about 5 years around six months ago. My old racket is the Nanoray 900 (Grey with some green accents) but due to the coronavirus I won't have access to it until September, so I figured I might as well get a new one since this is so old already.

I would say I have a more attacking than defensive game (if I had to put a percentage, I'd say 60-40). I definitely prefer to attack so good smashes are important, but I have the power so I'm not sure whether to go for a racket that enhances that or helps with my relative weaknesses like net shots or drives. For example, I remember I really liked playing with the Nanospeed 9900 in the 20 minutes that someone let me borrow it for a long time ago, which is strange because it's a head light racket and attacking players usually like head heavy.

I would also consider myself a high-intermediate level, so I'm guessing the new Astrox 100 ZZ/ZX might be too stiff for me. Would appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks,

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    If you still want a speedy and decently powerful racket, you may want to try auraspeed 98k. I used to wield NR900 3u, and bought an auraspeed 98k not long ago. The feel of it reminded me of NR900 with better speed and power.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

3. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

I think you should try the nanoflare 800 in 3u, if you use to use the nanoray.if your looking for a power racket for smashes, the astrox 88d will be good.IF your looking into getting into head heavy rackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

you dont have access to your own racket? How about the court? Does it still open?
    If you get new racket but no court are open to play, then it just a waste, unless ofcourse you basically want a new racket.

5. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

Your playing is 60:40 and more towards attacking. You will certainly not go wrong with even balanced to slightly head heavy racket.

Considering you have not played for a while, i would suggest even balanced with medium stiff racket . Taming head heavy racket may be bit difficult.

Arcsaber 11, Lining calibar 900b, victor bravesword 12 are great rackets.

6. tranpro

tranpro New Member

Hello guys
    Im looking for a lining racket (7000, 7000b, tc70)
    Im a immediate player, use astrox 7 4u. Wrist is not strong to much. Play mostly doubles. My style is control, net shot and sometimes make a full smash
    Which is more suitable:
    - more user- friendly
    - not feel heavy too much
    - suitable for doubles and single game
    - maneuverability in drive, defense
    - not lack to much power in back court
    7000 4u and 7000b are different to much in weight feel
    Thanks so much. Hope u guys give me a hand

7. badmintonbites

badmintonbites New Member

If you are a smash-happy player who enjoys the backcourt, I would recommend maybe trying out the Astrox 88D, it may also address your concern of the extra striffness of the duo of Astrox 100 rackets!

8. ramadasr

ramadasr Regular Member

His wrist is not strong. He will only make his shoulder worse with 88D . Certainly not for an intermediate player .

Father Parrot and tranpro like this.
  9. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    Covid, so I came back to prowl in forum :p In either case, no place to play anyway. Once Covid over, I recommend you stick with your old racket, visit a gym with a shop and ask to borrow demo rackets so that you can test them out and pick out your favorite! Or borrow from people and see what fits best. No one can really tell you which racket you should use. After going through many rackets, branded and non branded, I have found that playing with it will let you know best no matter other's opinions. In terms of enhancing your strength or helping with your weakness, practice is the key to overcome that. The racket definitely has an impact, but it has a finite impact in the grand scheme of things imo. Finding the right racket that will not cause you pain, feels good to you when you play should be the key. Goodluck in finding the right racket!

Jay Ng likes this.