Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Sorry, I misread that. To me, it made a huge difference which string I used on the F2 (and F1). I first tried it with G-Tone 5 and didn't like it, then I chose a thicker string (different for F2 and F1) and the feeling was much, much better. Maybe that would be worth a try if you get the chance to test, it's all very subjective.

But...

Maybe it's better to stick with the Kalküls then. Their feel and feedback is very nice, no matter what string.
    I suggested a head heavier (and slightly stiffer) A4 to Adidas, but they don't seem to listen to me.

2. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Is there any new adidas racket with the following specifications:

88-89gr
    Stiff 7.9-8.2
    Balance 290-295

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I have the Wucht P1...apart of the spec is 285-290 is a very nice affordable choice.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

#304 Dave1011, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    hm_andhika likes this.
  5. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yea after trying very stiff 3u even (towards head light) balance racket, really do not get the point of head heavy ones :)
    so the closest in terms of stiffness and balance would be a3 or a5, but they are very far away from 88grams.
    so actually there is none, unless you would buy some p8 u3 remove these special grommets, and put regular ones and then some athletic/lead tape somewhere in the middle of shaft, which is lame....

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Why would you want to put tape on the shaft?!

7. hm_andhika

The closest one would be A3 and F5.
    I must try it myself to find out

8. speCulatius

Another option might be the P2.
    PSX_20200415_024647.jpg
    You'll have trouble finding Adidas rackets at the higher end of 3U. Just like you won't find any string thicker than 0.68 mm... I could just guess why that is.

9. hm_andhika

Yes. It just I never have a good luck with the power type. Wucht classified as power frame.

A3 is not available here. My best option would be F5. However, the grip size seems bigger than Victor G5.

10. speCulatius

How do you define power frame? the P2 has a hexagonal (aerodynamic) frame shape. I think it's more about the other details (EGG grommets, happy late Easter, by the way) and - mostly - marketing.

That's shame, it's a great racket.... with a box frame, but not a power frame? Seriously, seems like the opposite of what other brands do.

I really don't know and I cannot compare. Maybe @s_mair has a Victor G5 he can compare to his P8 and P6? The grip size of all the Adidas I tried was identical (only small differences in length).

11. hm_andhika

Adidas marketing the Wucht product line as power frame and so like other power frame classified racket such voltric and thruster. I just never have good luck with these kind of power product line.

I maybe stupid to believe the marketing but somehow it works for me. Kalkul classified as accuracy type by Adidas, so I do buy in their marketing. The same with uberschall classified as speed racket. Thats why I chosed A3 or F5.

It would be great if someone can help to measure the grip size. Im very comfortable with G5 size of Victor.

Dave1011 likes this.
  12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I don't have any victors left to measure the grip size. I changed from Victor to Adidas without noticing any diffference in the grip size.
    It is a real shame they don't stock A3, it's a great all round racket.
    The Uber series are very fast and great looking rackets, they lacked feel/feedback for me compared to the kalkul range but still great rackets.

#312 Dave1011, Apr 15, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

All my three F5 are lighter than 85g, way closer to 83g, so as well as a5/a3 far away from 3u, 8.0-8.5 is not that stiff for adidas, especially when racket is quite hh

14. EnormoDerClown

EnormoDerClown New Member

Hi there, also recently saw the Adidas Lineup, for me the first Adidas products for about two years i think (living in germany). I generally really like all stuff from adidas and i am some kind of interested in new frames in general from time to time... :-D

Currently i am using the good old Brave Sword 12 from Victor, and all in all i am quite satisfied (speed is escellent, but i had more power with other racquets). I had a time where i used the Yonex Voltric 70 E-Tune, but after destroying 4 or so with normal playing i got my hand on the used Brave Sword racquets. What i liked about the E-Tune was that i had a little bit more power/aggressive style in singles and with the other grommets a more agile racquet for doubles.
    What would be the match from adidas for the Brave Sword 12? The A3? And do they have also maybe 2 racquets which behave like the E-Tunes? Basically the same racquets, but one for a bit more power/aagressive style in singles and one mor agile for doubles?

The doubles/singles style would be a bonus, mainly locking for the pendant of the Brave Sword 12, like the racquet a lot.

Dave1011 likes this.
  15. hm_andhika

85gr already with string?

16. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

If you like the speed of the BS12 then I suggest a racket from the Kalkul or Uberschall ranges.
    The A2 has a similar spec/feel to bs12.
    If you want something more head heavy then the F5 would be a good option.
    The A3/A5 are my current favourites, they are similar to js10/12, if you don't mind stiffer rackets they are a great option.

EnormoDerClown likes this.
  17. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

88g with aerosonics, some cushion wrap and overgrip - so it is towards light 4u

18. hm_andhika

88gr final weight is excellent for me.

I do like stiff racket, it seems A3 is the perfect candidate for me. F5 can be alternative.
    Not sure if there is a shop here in Singapore selling A3.

19. EnormoDerClown

EnormoDerClown New Member

You really make ne think

Currently thinking about using The Victor for Doubles because of The Speed and choosing a similar, but slightly more powerful Adidas racquet For The Singles would be good idea. Overall The Adidas prices are also not so high....

Also i dont really have an Problem With stiffer racquets. Also User The z force 1 and 2 for a while and If i remember correctly they were quite stiff

Dave1011 likes this.
  20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

That sounds like a good plan, I suggest the Uberschall F5 may be the best mix of speed and power.
    The A3 is another good all rounder, not as fast as the F5 or BS12 but still a very fast frame.

EnormoDerClown likes this.