Help.....what to wear

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Anna Donald, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

You are lucky the floor is not tiles like at my club.

2. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

If u r going to play for fun for long term, then just get a non-marking shoe. There are a lot of cheap shoes for this purpose.

I mean, if its a court regulation, then you dont have much choice but to comply. Of course you could go elsewhere but thats your choice.

Not only for badminton, but such rule also applies to squash.

LenaicM likes this.
  3. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Hello
    On the first week I went I paid for the badminton session, then they draw names out so we all play someone different. It was while I was sitting waiting to play that it was mentioned about black soled footwear not being allowed, so of course I looked at my trainers and said I had black soled trainers on. I was then told that they were not allowed in the hall and I would need to leave them in changing area and go in my barefeet. I did not really want to do this but as I had paid and there was an even number I did. As I say it is more the sitting around between games I dislike. I only work part time as I am on a uni course so any cash for now goes on books etc and don't see point in new training shoes as I have two pairs already. Not really a problem but I just find the rules so rigid. Must be my late rebel teenage years ha ha

4. Denni

Denni New Member

Well the main thing is to enjoy playing,although you sound like you are being a tad stubborn as you don't agree with some rules if you don't mind me saying.
    Have your friends not got same size as you so you could borrow a pair of trainers to play in.
    I do get the sitting around in between games though and of course uni books and expense are a priority.
    PS.. Get a part time job Schu or The Office (lots of nice training shoes there):):)

5. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Sadly my part time job is not anything like that ha ha or I would have some very good training :rolleyes:shoes:rolleyes:. I am a bit stubborn I suppose :(, Don't like to borrow or ask so will keep playing barefooted as I do enjoy playing and my proud record is won 3 and lost 1 so far in singles and 1-1 in pairs. Just got to find how to keep my feet warm in between games till better weather comes.

#25 Anna Donald, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  6. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Tiles? Never seen that for badminton. If I was barefoot, then I would say Ouch:):). What are tiles made of?

7. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

It’s a school multi purpose hall. Concrete floor with hard wearing ceramic tiles.

I have played in quite a few large halls with the same type of flooring. Bad for the joints, bad for the users, cheap for the owners.

8. Maria222

Maria222 New Member

Won't keep your feet warm but at least something to wear to stop you from walking about barefoot when you are not playing. Hope they allow them thougho_O or they not black soled:(. Can you not just carry a pair of socks and then put them on between games when sitting around?.​

9. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Hello.
    Tried to put socks back on first week but not allowed in the hall at all even when not playing. Weather and hall not so cold last time so hopefully his week be warmer.

10. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Couldn't help but think about this thread after seeing the results of black sole trainers tonight. :eek:

20200302_223617_opt.jpg

11. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Well no more badminton for a bit guys. Hoping weather improves as at least can play in garden even though not the same. Got a badminton net from Amazon so just got to try and make some lines or marking. Anyone else doing the same if warm enough?

Cheung likes this.
  12. Maria222

Maria222 New Member

That would be good if even to keep up fitness levels. Hopefully it should warm up in May as sadly it looks like isolation may last for a while.
    On the bright side you won't have to play in bare feet outside.

13. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Yes good to keep up fitness even though not the same as indoor badminton, and yes no more playing barefoot again. I shall be getting trainers when we are able to play indoors again as well as the last time we did play indoors at the start of March we got moved to the main hall at the centre across from where we normally play which is just a wooden floor and it was so cold wearing barefeet, plus if I had known we were getting moved to another venue I would have took my trainers.

14. Denni

Denni New Member

Have ordered one from Amazon so great idea for the time being. Glad to see you decided on wearing trainers to play in, I bet playing on a wooden floor was not much fun in bare feet.

Oypla Medium 4m Adjustable Foldable Badminton Tennis Volleyball Net

15. Anna Donald

Anna Donald New Member

Good for you. Weather is getting a bit warmer, so should come in handy. Playing on a wooden floor was okay, it was more that the floor was freezing and sitting in between games barefoot was not good. Have been told I have nice feet a lot though as people seem to like to look if you are barefoot so trainers rom now on lol

16. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

The problem now is the glaring sunshine :D

17. badmintonbites

badmintonbites New Member

Hello there! While a pair of badminton shoes can fetch a pretty penny, it is a worthwhile investment if you are looking to continue dedicating your time to this sport. A few key reasons to look into a pair of sturdy badminton shoes is:

1. Safety. Not only can the flooring of a badminton court contain bits of debris tracked by shoes, such as tiny stones, wood chips or even glass/metal, but you risk also being stepping on by your partner if they are not extra careful and wary of your bare feet. As you develop into a more serious badminton player, having the type of ankle and foot support that badminton shoes can offer can prevent you from suffering common foot injuries such as sprains, twists or fractures.
    2. Hygiene. Having bare feet to court direct interaction will expose you to whatever it is that exists on the court. This could be dirt, trash or in the most unfortunate of situations, animal defecation. To exercise proper hygiene, its recommended to wear some sort of protective gear against the harsh unknowns.