Your 3 best matches ever watched live/youtube

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Martynas, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

So I am having extreme freaking live badminton watching withdrawal syndrome :/ lets post 3 best matches you have ever watched, for me:

I think that match ended the greatest rivarly almost in all sports, after that match all other matches between Lin Dan and Lee Ching Wei just some casual stuff, during that match I almost got heart attack many times...

The best quality badminton match like ever

I am just in Love with Praveen :)

#1 Martynas, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Patrick Park Li, Cheung and LenaicM like this.
  2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

1/. LD vs LCW during the Olympics final at Beijing 08. A completely one sided match in favour of LD but his power and will to win inspired me.

2/. CTC vs Ng Ka Long Angus at the Thailand open final 2019. A long match with a never giving up spirit from both players and a crazy ending.

3/. KM vs LCW at the Malaysia open final 2018. Already linked by OP. LCW last win on the Pro tour against the current #1 at an age defying the laws of the sport and nature. Inspiring...

Many more classic matches but we had to mention 3 :).

Hannibal127 and Martynas like this.
  3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yea #2 was really amazing to watch as well

4. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Best because of the way they changed my perspective on badminton forever :-D

1993 All England men's singles final between Arbi and Suprianto - I had never seen anyone jump like Arbi and I was sitting almost on the court :)

1993 All England again, men's doubles final between Lund/Holst-Christensen and Chen/Chen - Holst-Christensen was exciting to watch but the way Lund controlled the court was an education!

1994 All England men's doubles between Gunawan/Suprianto and Ricky/Rexy - for a (relatively) big chap Rudy Gunawan was very light on his feet and very skillful but I have to admit that, even though they lost, Ricky/Rexy were inspirational to watch, a very different style to stuff I was used to.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    1990 all England final Zhao Jian Hua vs Joko Suprianto. Magic Magic magic

1996 Thomas Cup Semifinal Park Joo Bong/Kim Moon Dong versus Denny Kantono plus forgot name. One of Park’s last matches with the upcoming Kim. I was in the stadium watching them destroy the number three pair in the world at the height of Indonesian men’s doubles golden era. Awesome performance - shell shocking and a privilege to watch it

1998 Japan Open Final Sun Jun vs Peter Gade. Peter Gade at his athletic best eventually being controlled by Sun Jun. Tenacity tenacity.

2017 World championships, women’s singles Okuhara vs Sindhu. Epic epic epic.

That’s four but I couldn’t limit it. There are so many like the gold medal match for mixed doubles in Athens Olympics and LCW versus LD.

#5 Cheung, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    1. Ginting vs Momota China Open 2018 final.

A lot of other great matches and I can't choose, but above one is my numero uno.

7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Since I always watch Zhao Jian Hua video tutorials to learn, I decided to watch this match. I couldn't find a better version, quality-wise, than this one but for whoever want to watch or re-watch that classic match it's here, in 3 parts:

Cheung and Martynas like this.
  8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    2009 World Championships - MD Final - Fu Haifeng / Cai Yun vs Jung Jae Sung / Lee Yong Dae

Hannibal127 likes this.
  9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I'll add that match here, finally it is available online (although only on youtube):

Sumanth99 likes this.
  10. lurker

lurker Regular Member

I was there on courtside in match #2 :)

IMG_0320.jpg

visor likes this.