Racket Customize idea

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Budi, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Just random dumb idea while cant playing due to Covid19:D. So just ignore it or join my dumb discussion at your own will.

We have Etune to do that.
    But why no one ever invent thing like ring lock on the shaft where we can shift the ring from the bottom shaft to the upper shaft to alter the weight balance while playing. We can choose different ring weight to put on.

2. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Customizable rackets arent really ventured into by racket companies, not sure why. Then again, most people dont even use tapes to customize their grip weight, so it makes sense. Why make something most people wont even understand or appreciate?

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

This will be a new way of playing where we can shift the balance at real time on court. Having head light racket when need to play fast at the same time having head heavy when we want to perform powerfull smash.
    But i guest it not so simple to shift the BP while also focusing on our games:D, but again its just a dumb idea:p

4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I think there can be some real innovations with how the grip is manufactured. Now that some companies like Victor Are using plastic, maybe detachable weights inserted into the grip handle can be looked into.

5. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Follow your idea, a 'smart ring' that will drift to T-lock only when smash (like Namd) to add weight :D

Or a shaft with liquid inside to move like that ;)

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

interesting idea to:D
    Instead of adjusting head weight, we adjust the other end, the handle.
    Makes it lighter to makes it feel head heavier or for they who like thick grip, they can maintain the balance with this adjustment on grip weight.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Carbon fiber handles have done ages ago and for some reason has never really caught on. Not sure if it's a shock or cost thing though. As for weights in the handle, there's a debatable subject whether putting weight in the handle affects the racket characteristics at all and there's been threads on this in the past. But for now, lets just say "maybe". I think there was a RSL racket range that came with handle weights.

As for the shaft thing, I'm assuming this isn't static, but rather dynamic adjusting (it wasn't clear from your first post, but your later posts suggests this). If it's dynamic, check out Kawasaki Force rackets. It's essentially sand in the shaft that would affect the balance. I had the bottom of range F7 to test it out. Conclusion I'm not sure how much the tech added to the racket, since I didn't feel that much of a difference, but it was a decent racket. If it's static, then there's little point putting any weight in the shaft, because it's more effective putting it in the head.

8. pughon

pughon Regular Member

It adds weight to 12, 3 and 9 'clock (up to 4gr) and handle bottom (3gr). I once had the chance to lay my hands on it.

9. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

If they sold weighted grommets separately that would be a nice way to customize your racket.

Rackets like the jetspeed 10 would be prime candidates for weighted grommets to add beef to your shots.

You don't need any special tools to add weight to the handle, your grip choice and if you wrap electrical tape under the grip can add or subtract about +/- 5g from the handle weight.

visor and akatsuki2104 like this.