Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2020 : Round of 32 to FINAL (11-15 March)

Discussion in '2020 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Japan anti badminton, no wonder can only win 2 titles... good on the day but long run....

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Their style of play makes the game more fun and interesting though, lot of long rallies...though I prefer the koreans style more because it's a mix between great defense + great flat game.

stanleyfm, It'sMeMeMe, j4ckie and 2 others like this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

True LYD dont just lifts like that...the whole mindset differentiates and probably why LYD can win lots of titles...

4. wade

wade Regular Member

I think watanabe can play more proactive badminton if he wants it (see thomas cup 2018 when he played with sonoda), but he need a better partner for that to happen. if he can find a partner that at least as good as sonoda in the flat game and have great defense and attack like endo I think he would start winning more titles in MD. just my opinion.

5. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

The videos from All England youtube channel are without voice , someone has the same problem ? TIA!

6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

visor likes this.
  7. wade

wade Regular Member

8. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

今年的全英公开赛已经结束,远藤大由/渡边勇大拿到了组合第一个全英公开赛的冠军。尤其是击败了除了大赛几乎无敌的“小黄人”组合的决赛这场球,我觉得能够成为接下来很长一段时间各国运动员参考和研究的好例子。

This year's All England Open has ended, and Endo/Yuta won their first AE title, defeating the Minions who is almost invincible in any competition other than the big major (this is my interpretation of his words 除了大赛几乎无敌. hope i'm correct). I think it can be a good example for reference and research of athletes from various countries for a long time to come.

这个例子并不是说要学习日本组合的技战术,毕竟每个国家每个运动员技术特点不同,我说的参考与研究,是要去考虑为什么远藤大由/渡边勇大这对看上去并没有什么让人印象深刻的突出技战术特点,场上表现看上去四平八稳的组合,却能够击败技战术风格极为犀利的“小黄人”组合。算上这场胜利,日本组合和“小黄人”的交手记录来到了6胜2负,而且日本组合已经取得了面对对方的6连胜。

This does not mean to learn the skills and tactics of the Japanese combination. After all, the technical characteristics of each country and each athlete are different. The reference and research I am talking about is to consider why the pair of Endo/Yuda who looks like there is nothing impressive in the technical and tactical characteristics, but produce stable performances on the court, can beat the Minions that is known for its sharp technical and tactical styles. Counting this victory, the Japanese team and the Minions H-H record came to 6 wins and 2 losses, and the Japanese team has achieved 6 consecutive victories against them.

要说远藤大由/渡边勇大决赛中有哪一个战术或者哪一项技术是取胜的关键,我觉得没有,他们打的和过去一样四平八稳,但是仔细看比赛的过程,他们的四平八稳下包含着五花八门,弹挡推、分边、轻吊上网、抽挡接软放等等,男双有的基本技术组合和战术套路,他们都用出来,变化多,节奏多。虽说没有某一点做得特别突出,但是整体来看,算不上无懈可击,但也没有露出多少破绽。

To say which strategy or technique of Endo/Yuta is key to winning, I don't think there is any. They played as stable as before, but if you look carefully at the game, their steadiness includes a variety of basic techniques, such as block/push/drive, split sides, soft drop and push to the net, drive and soft pick-and-place, and so on. They used all the basic technical combinations and tactical routines of the men's doubles. Although there isn't a point that is particularly outstanding, but overall, though it is not impeccable, there are not many flaws exposed.

这看上去“平庸”的表现,实际效果如何呢?比赛最后关头很能说明问题,那就是“小黄人”组合在体能已经消耗极大的前提下,依然咬着牙一味的去抢网,一味的去提速,以至于比赛结束后,吉迪恩累得坐在场边的椅子上很长时间没缓过来。

What is the result of this seemly "mediocre" performance? The result was clear near the end of the game. Even though the Minions were exhausted, they still pushed themselves to fight for initiative at the net, and speed up their play, that after the match ended, Gideon was sitting at the side for quite a long while to recover his breath.

这种情况的出现,就在于面对破绽极少的对手,“小黄人”无法把比赛舒服地带到自己的节奏当中,他们的速度连贯冠绝全球,但是当场上的节奏慢于他们的习惯时,他们显得办法不多。毫无疑问,在练就自身“杀手锏”这方面,“小黄人”是顶尖的,但是除此之外的常规武器,他们还不够全面。

This situation arises because in the face of opponents with few flaws, the Minions cannot bring the game comfortably to their own rhythm. Their speed is consistently the highest in the world, but the pace of the match is slower than what they used to. At times, they seemed to have few options. There is no doubt that in terms of their playing style, the Minions are top-notch, but other than this weapon, they are not comprehensive enough.

在过去的很长一段时间,“小黄人”组合能够表现的如此强势,一方面在于自身特长的突出,另一方面是因为当代的男双从能力的全面性来说相比于过去是有所退步的,以至于大家的套路都很有限,一但被对方限制或者被对方压制,就缺乏另一套应对方案。巧的是,现在男双大多数组合的特点都是快速进攻,这刚好打到“小黄人”的节奏上,自然让他们如鱼得水。

For a long time in the past, the Minions has been so strong, on the one hand, because of their outstanding strength, and on the other, because the present men's doubles, in terms of all round ability, has weaken compared to the past. This resulted in constrain or limit their playing style. Once they are restricted or suppressed by the other party, there is no other set of coping strategies. Coincidentally, most of the characteristics of the current men's doubles combination are fast offense, which just hits the rhythm of the Minions and naturally makes them feel comfortable on the court.

本次全英决赛,远藤大由/渡边勇大用招式平平无奇但组合变化多端不露破绽的套路很好地限制了“小黄人”的速度优势,用“技术全面”控制住了“特长突出”。而在慢节奏的较量中,我们也发现了,原来“小黄人”也不是想象中那么强。打快打不过你,那我就把节奏放慢了打,把局面搞复杂了打。这个道理很简单,但是其他队员还是要问问自己,有没有这个本事主动放慢节奏,主动把局面搞复杂。

In the final, Endo/Yuta used ordinary moves, but with ever changing and almost flawless combination, to limit the speed advantage of the Minions, using their "technical comprehensiveness" to control the Minions' "excellent expertise". In a slow-paced contest, we also found that the Minions was not as strong as expected. Since I can't beat you in a fast game, then I slowed down and made the situation complicated. The logic is simple, but other players still have to ask themselves if they have the ability to slow down the pace and complicate the situation.

每个人都希望能在自己最舒服的节奏当中打球,但是对于羽毛球这个项目来说,关键在与限制与反限制,你要有限制对方节奏的能力,也要有不被对方限制的手段,简单来说,就是你会的要多。有一个最擅长最舒服的套路是必须的,但除此之外,你有几套备用的实战套路,很大程度上决定了你在羽毛球道路上能走多远。

Everyone wants to play in their most comfortable rhythm, but for badminton, the key is to restrict and counter-restrict. You need to have the ability to restrict the opponent's rhythm, but also have a means not to be restricted by the opponent. Simply saying, you need to learn more. It is necessary to have the best and most comfortable routine, but besides that, having several sets of spare combat routines, will largely determine how far you can go on the badminton road.

*** I used google translate with some self edition ***

stanleyfm, visor, It'sMeMeMe and 15 others like this.
  9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Endo/Wat did exactly what I told them to do: lift over Sanjaya.
    They can pay me via Paypal :D.

I hope Axelsen enjoys his moment in the sun - the sooner Momota comes back, the better.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

why is the WorldRanking is listed of Testing purposes? wkwk.

11. wade

wade Regular Member

They should pay boe instead, he said it back in 2017 :p

12. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I need an advise from you to my idol, Nishimoto. ^-^

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Take citizenship of Vietnam ;)

stanleyfm and terrynguyen121988 like this.
  14. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

羽你同行
    4 hrs ·
    爱羽客报道 : 【震惊!韩国主教练爆料:听说3名全英观众确诊 队员士气低落 】

KOREA韩国羽毛球国家队总教练安哉昌今日爆料称,上周全英公开赛现场出现了3位新冠肺炎确诊病例,均来自丹麦羽毛球队的啦啦队。目前正在接受隔离的选手们士气非常低落。
    希望所有选手们没事 http://t.cn/A6z8hjIB [/cp]

KOREA head coach revealed 3 covid-19 positive cases from AE, and all are Danish cheerleaders.

15. terrynguyen121988

^-^ LOL

16. terrynguyen121988

OMG, I see Okuhara coming to give her autograph to audience, hope players will be fine.

17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

But Boe doesn't need the money.
    I do.

It'sMeMeMe, wade and rhoder like this.
  18. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Spectators were always likely to be the bigger problem, rather than the players.

Cheung and samkool like this.
  19. Head Heavy

Head Heavy Regular Member

The AE finals were great to watch live on youtube, especially the MD and WS finals,
    but at the same time, I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable about COVID-19 in the audience.
    I'm afraid we won't see live badminton for a long time.

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    #880 samkool, Mar 19, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Martynas and Cunning Linguist like this.