Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I agree. I firmly believe everyone can do as they please but the forum is also a source of public information for many players, beginners to advanced, and to read people describing the racket's qualities based on a TV match is a tad silly.

Also I think it's totally personal and positive say to dress up like a player because it doesn't influence performances on court anyway, it supports the player, the brand and it looks cool and feels good to be like your idol.

But when it comes to rackets, if a racket hinder one's performances then it's just too bad. Better perform like your idol rather than only looking like him/her. But I don't mind people using a ZF2 and not able to clear properly. In fact I see them every week end at tournaments but since it's a forum I guess it would be valuable to inform others and hopefully give some real information about the racket of the thread for potential interested buyers. Not just "wow this racket seemed good in defense after watching VA match today but it clearly lacked power." I mean who can affirm such things about a racket based on a match watched on TV.

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Mate, what the hell... that was a complete circlejerk. I like. Add in the 100ZX and we're gold.
    Exposure to Reddit certainly helped. I honestly didn't see you mocking anyone.

Axelsen hit harder this session... But I still haven't seen Axelsen do a fully committed smash yet....

Also AE has one of the best acoustics recording of the tour as well. Great production company.

LenaicM likes this.
  3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Cmon! Treading the middle ground? Why so PC?

Let's not just watch the fire, let's get in it!

4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    You forgot the actual legendary racket, ZF2

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

5. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@LenaicM

I have noticed that you always put huge emphasis on what other people say and then downplay what you say yourself.

Arguing with someone like you is futile. This is not the first time you make such type of discussion.

Anyway, I take the information I need and want to make my purchase decision. I haven't asked or forced anyone else to use the information I am using to make their purchase decision. It's not your problem if I am beginner intermediate or advance and not your problem who I want to emulate or not. Each one of us have our own reason we play badminton, each one of us have our own amount of time we can invest in badminton and each one of us know the reason we want to progress or not.

I don't care of you are a semi pro or pro using a babolat racket and I am a beginner using an Astrox 100zz.

Badminton for me is just pleasure or a platform to express my athleticism at most. Nothing more. I'll never make any money out of it. All I do is participate in some local tournaments and that's all. So don't come and impose your ideals on someone.

I haven't imposed on anyone to follow what I say or to reason like I reason.

Off this thread now thanks to @LenaicM

6. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

AY is also using 100ZZ , lets see how it plays for her , seems like see is using BG66 Force ( just a guess )

Saru and Quentin11 like this.
  7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Ho please don't make it sounds like I'm the bad guy because I state the obvious about the racket not being easy to use.

Also, if you refer to the KM thread go ahead... I have already settled things over there and will not go back. I leave it to you guys.

If you want to buy a 100ZZ because KM uses it or because, according to some of you guys, the racket is good at defence and drive but not that powerful based on a TV match go ahead. I can still say it's not an easy racket to use and say it's very silly to state how the racket lack power based on TV observations.

Also not using babolat because I'm french... duh :rolleyes: or close to a semi pro player. Not the point. Nevermind I'm done discussing with the KM people on the forum. No matter the thread. I understand the love for the player, appreciating him myself but it's just always going too far :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Father Parrot likes this.
  8. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

General impression! Watching the racket in a match gives a general impression! Please go check the meaning of 'impression'.

Premières impressions en français. Tu dois mieux comprendre maintenant. La traduction literale du mot 'impression' en anglais veut dire avoir une idée ou opinion sur quelque chose avec peu de base comme appuis ou justificatif.

Les premières impressions que j'ai eu après avoir regarder la racquette dans la main de VA me fait penser que ça a moin de puissance. Et puis bas, je dis ça je dis rien hein! Merci.

J'espère qu'on se comprend mieux maintenant.

Tkt il y a toujours une balance entre mes performances et mes impressions de Kento ... parcque impression ... t'a compris? Mdr.

9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Ok my bad. We're dealing with a Mr. know it all. Probably less than 20-year-old.

Such a condescending tone I'd just rather ignore. You're so defensive and keep saying to others how we don't get what you mean. Now using French to make a point on how I dont understand english well enough... nevermind. That was not the point we were debating. I know as well as you do the meaning of "impression".

Please go buy your astrox 100zz and put on your best KM disguise... :rolleyes:o_O

Another KM fanatic to block.

10. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

What goes to prove you didn't understand anything is that I am no where near making a purchase decision for the Astrox 100 ZZ.

Oh and I don't think i'm mr. Know it all if I know a bit of french too.

11. SimonCarter

SimonCarter Regular Member

Please guys just end it up there.

Nobody here is saying that watching a game gives a full data analysis on how the racket play but when looking into a racket and wanting to understand how it plays any information is good to take.

Personally I'm curious about this racket but certainly won't switch to it as I want at least 3 identical rackets to play and the investment is way too much!

12. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Agree 100%

13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

My point, any information is good to take. That's why it is also important to avoid misinformation.

Overall, my previous posts are to say, in short: let's stop spreading misinformation about the racket based on personal appreciation of a match watched live on TV.

I mean how can people seriously come to this thread and say:

"Just watched the match of VA against Sen from India. The smash power of 100zz is noticeably weaker than the Z Strike previously used by VA."

"I've noticed that in the VA match too. It doesn't look as powerful as the Z Strike. So forget it being more powerful than the AX88D."

"From today's match VA vs Shi Yu Qi it looks 100 ZZ is for sure good fordefense, drive and counter shots .. It looked Ok for attack".

14. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

Watching game doesn't give the impression how the racket will play for you but it certainly gives you idea how its differently playing for a player style. strategy , shot selection , reaction to different shots etc for a player you have been closely following . Physical characteristics ( weight, balance , stiffness , head etc ) of the racket forces you to adapt it to make it inline with your style . We could observe 100ZZ is not as powerful as 88D and 99 but surely it looks like an all-round racket specially 100ZZ could be one good racket for doubles play. It's lilttle looking like DUO10 . We always want to like the new racket and expect it to play like we personally want .. Let's wait and see hows feedback from this forum comes out. Until then, It will be a good idea to wait for shopping it.

Quentin11 likes this.
  15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

You got all those information about the racket based on a few matches watched on TV in a slow hall?

What about player's opponent and adaptive tactics during matches? What about player's form? Or like I already mentioned slow hall?

I don't believe the racket entirely makes the player. It does help or can compliment some players but not that much at this level to say VA attacks are noticeably weaker than with the DZS.

#415 LenaicM, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  16. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

Did you read my post correctly ? you are jumping on conclusion and putting your opinion .. When did I say racket makes the player . Watch VA's previous matches with DZS for the same swing/speed/shot the shuttle speed is higher .. I can bet the full swing smash with100 ZZ is weaker than 88D and 99 . .100ZZ looks good in wrist punches/flick smashes .. I am liking the racket and I am going to buy it .. In recent years I owned all the top rated/talked rackets i.e. - N9II, ArcS11, LD Voltric Force, ZF2, DZS, DUO10 , Astrox 88S / 88D , Astrox 99 ( astrox 77 i demoed but did not like the feeling so I didn't buy ) - and I follow the players who owned/owns these rackets as well . From my experience with different rackets , I can tell you - 100 ZZ would have more or less DUO10 like smash power but in all others areas ( net, drop, defence, clear, drive, interception ) it will shine. It looks amazing in control.. I have a strong feeling it's an all-round racket. Many people may not like it due to little lacking in smash power but I am positive it will shine in all other departments.

Amin and Quentin11 like this.
  17. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I never once said that. You just try to discredit my content saying I didn't understand you, just like Quentin11 try to tell me (in French) that I didn't get the meaning of the word "impression" in English when it's never what I argued about in the first place.

It's me who said "I don't believe the racket entirely makes the player". This is my opinion you are right but I never said you stated otherwise and it has never been a topic of conversation between you and I.

The only topic I addressed to you was how can you state all those information about the racket based on a match on TV? The fact I stated I believe the racket doesn't make the player was to point out that VA "weak smashes", good defense and overall play style was more related to his skills, the hallway, his/her form, the timing of the matches you guys are referring to (early stages of the tournament), his opponent and his tactics. In short I believe VA played the way he did because that's how he wanted to play. Not like it's the racket that was not powerful enough compared to the DZS. Plus again the hall is slow, for sure the shuttle seems a tad less fast.

Nevermind. I think it's totally ridiculous. You guys keep asserting how the racket is not as powerful as the DZS based on the few matches you saw online and keep trying to counter argument with me saying "if you would have read properly". :rolleyes: fact is you guys are talking about the racket capacities like you tried it while you just sat on a couch to watch one or two matches of VA, a pro player, and never actually did hold the racket. And I read those correctly thank you...

I don't mind reviews of people who actually tried the racket then compare it or analysing it but to do that based on online viewing of pro players at one tournament...

#417 LenaicM, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  18. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

;-) if its not about racket why these forums exist , why yonex keep changing racket characteristics , why pro keep changing their rackets ? It's all about racket and its potential to be used by pros, and club players ... Your arguments are not strong and I do not find them giving any information or knowledge which help to this forum. You have serious ego issue !!

19. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

So customers keep buying new products. If Yonex were to wait players (amateurs) break their racket to buy new ones they would have go bankrupt since a while. It's a good old planned oblsocence marketing strategy. Bring new, supposedly better product regularly to make the previous one obsolete. Yet once again you stray from the actual topic we were arguing about which was how you stated a racket was less powerful based on TV viewing.

And pro keep changing rackets? Please... a lot of them use old rackets with a paint job on...

My arguments are not strong? Because yours claiming you can tell how a racket feels based on a TV match are? I might not bring knowledge but I don't spread misinformation like you do for other users.

Regarding my ego issue I can only laugh at your personal attacks that are very weak and I do hope other users will spot the discredit you brought upon yourself by attacking me on totally different subjects than the one initially discussed. First I dont understand what you write, now I have ego issue, next you'll attack my physic? Indeed... unlike me you bring much better information to the forum.

s_mair and speCulatius like this.
  20. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

I played badminton for more than 25 years .. I played with almost different brands or rackets but ended up liking Yonex since 12-14 years. LenaicM, You are arguing with all the members and wildly assuming they are sitting on the couch , watching tv and giving their opinion - seriously ? I hardly see any experience , information in your posts which can benefit others. There is a sense of arrogance in your talks and statements .

Rommel Alastra and Quentin11 like this.