Yonex ALL ENGLAND Open 2020 : Round of 32 to FINAL (11-15 March)

Discussion in '2020 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 10, 2020.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Court 1, non official

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Incredible AhsanHendra won in decider 25-23 after being down 0-7 and also leading 19-15.

came through yet again.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

oh geez what is gideon doing

4. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Why did the BBC cut the stream to court 1? It's not like anyone else is showing it! (not officially anyway!)

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions won their first matche. Too many mistakes and too many service faults.
    Better step up if they want to win their next match.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ou/Zhang to the next round to play minions tomorrow.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

very lousy match. but hell they dont care if they lose in R1 it seems, cant blame em.. Kevin needs to move his ass instead of doing this kind of no move shots all the time. Gideon smash is too flat count at least 5/6 times from G2 onwards..

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ginting lost G2 from 17-11 to 18-21. Just wow.

9. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Lakshya Sen. The last hope in Ms..

Sumanth99 likes this.
  10. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

should other world tour held in 5 days like all england? players in final would have 2 days resting and flying to the next tournament

Simeon likes this.
  11. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

You can record red button. I recorded the Adcock's match this afternoon to a USB stick plugged into my TV. Admittedly that only works when my TV is on but that is a limitation of my TV not the BBC. I dare say if I had a proper TV HDD recorder plugged in that would record whether the TV is on or not.

12. Yulius

Yulius Regular Member

wow. That kinda behaviour from Choi could be a suspension if someone report him.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What did he do?

14. Yulius

Yulius Regular Member

During the match he frequently protested to the umpire and at the end, he hit the shuttlecock up in the air, took his bag and just walked away. That's it, no handshake or anything.

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

A no-handshake policy would have been 100% appropriate at the moment.
    But yeh, that was childish - I think that shuttle just landed on my roof.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I saw the shuttle landed on the other side of the court, I had no idea it was anyone's roof..

It wasn't just a no-handshake. The others at least had the decency of looking at each other and bowed. He just went straight to the kit box, packed his things and walked away even though the Umpire was still sitting there and calling them back.

On the other hand, they were all handling the same shuttles except for the umpire. I don't think no handshaking would prevent any virus transmitted unless they were all wearing gloves when they touched the shuttles or no feathers making contact with their skin at all either. Why not provide hand sanitiser there for everyone to clean their hands before and after hand shaking instead?

#56 yuquall, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Choi is bad loser, i remembered him losing 2 points against AhmadNatsir in MalaysiaOpen 2017 and after the match, he went to eat at MCdonald..well, i was there coz i eat McD as well. With unhappy looks..

anyway, this AllEngland dont really matter who wins or loses...Sports pale in comparison of whats happening to the world. Maybe as Korean, he is frustrated himself, so we ll never know.

18. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ Be happy that Nishimoto won but I would like Nishimoto winning Thailand title and losing at the first round in All England more, except that he can win AE title this time.

#58 terrynguyen121988, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

ROUND OF 16 (11.00am) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=44A9F3CE-A822-49C8-A58A-BF165D73CB64

*MATCH HIGHLIGHTS*
    - Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Kanta Tsuneyama (JPN)
    - Anders Antonsen (DEN) v Huang Yuxiang (JPN)
    - Lakshya Sen (IND) v Viktor Axelsen (DEN)
    - Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v Aya Ohori (JPN)
    - Pusarla V.Sindhu (IND) v Sung Ji Hyun (KOR)
    - Wang Zhiyi (CHN) v Carolina Marin (ESP)
    - Gideon/Sukamuljo (INA) v Ou XY/Zhang N (CHN)
    - Ivanov/Sozonov (RUS) v Kamura/Sonoda (JPN)
    - Hoki/Kobayashi (JPN) v Ahsan/Setiawan (INA)
    - Fukushima/Hirota (JPN) v Baek HN/Jung KE (KOR)
    - Kim SY/Kong HY (KOR) v Kititharakul/Prajongjai (THA)
    - Ellis/Smith (ENG) v Watanabe/Higashino (JPN)
    - Tan KM/Lai PJ (MAS) v Jordan/Oktavianti (INA)

• Double blows for Indonesia at opening round, the off-form Jonatan Christie as predicted succumbs to the fast-improved Lee Zii Jia. The well prepared Malaysian had learnt his previous defeat with better strategy this time, slowing the tempo to construct many long rallies that make the Indonesian losing patient and committed unforced errors numerous times, something wrong with AG champion confidence since late last year. Anthony Ginting came to Birmingham with highly expectation but continues his All England curse, never passes first round since made his debut in 2016 edition, current world number three expressed his huge disappointment in post-match interview that stated he also confused why he lost badly to Rasmus Gemke. Ginting had chance to force rubber games when led 17-11 but wasted the opportunity, he only added 1 point at the end, 18-21. Another seeded player faltered, Ng Ka Long couldn't replicate his magnificent result in Thailand, lost to nemesis Kenta Nishimoto.
    • China books most number in men's singles last sixteen and has assured two quarters spot through all Chinese affairs today. Six-time winner Lin Dan made dramatic comeback in second game to overcome Thai future star Kunlavut Vitidsarn, trailing behind 10-16, 13-18, 18-20, badminton maestro grabbed four crucial points, 20-22 that determined his place in second round and will take on Chen Long. Also through into second round, former World Champion Viktor Axelsen, Danish number one Anders Antonsen and former champion Shi Yuqi who battled hard to eliminate vast experienced Tommy Sugiarto.
    • Both Chen Yufei, Tai Tzu Ying were forced to work extra hard to overcome opening hurdle, dropped first game to An Se Young and Cai Yanyan respectively. The defending champion Chen had slow started, too passive before she started to inject the pace in next second game against Korean young sensation. Other top names march on to next phase without much problem, Carolina Marin, Ratchanok Intanon, Pusarla Sindhu, Nozomi Okuhara, Akane Yamaguchi, He Bingjiao.
    • Two defending champions in doubles category almost sent packing yesterday, the Daddies display unconvincing style to start their campaign here against Koga/Saito, prevailed in thrilling match, 12-21 / 21-13 / 25-23 and they will be challenged by another Japanese hurdle, Hoki/Kobayahsi. Meanwhile mixed doubles overwhelming favourites Zheng SW/Huang YQ had tough times to tackle the underdog India pair, Chopra/Reddy who played smartly in second and third game to outmaneuver Huang YQ at front area with fast interception, the Chinese pair won at the end, 21-17, powered by Zheng SW lethal smashes.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE
    upload_2020-3-12_9-58-36.png

20. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#60 Sundis, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023