Yonex LD Force 2016 LIN DAN New Racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tw1nzor, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Astrox88SS

Astrox88SS Regular Member

what is your thoughts on the LDF 4u vs A88D 3u?

the LDF 4u would be faster and more maneuverable than 3u and maybe similar to A88D 3u? in regards to smash and HH-ness and speed

2. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Yup, I only have a 4u LDF, but definitely played with the 3u version of my friends' and put quite some hours on them . However, after what happened to my n9ii last night , it might be hard for them to trust me with their racquets .

Astrox88SS likes this.
  3. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Because of the head heaviness of the LDF, the 4u version isn't faster than the 3u 88d by much in my opinion. And for me, the 88d handles better at the net than the LDF. The 4u LDF can definitely output powerful smashes even being a bit lighter in weight due to most of its weight being concentrated at 3 points of the head frame (voltric system ), whereas the 88d has its weight at the top and t-joint of the head frame, and a little counter weight at the handle butt cap.

From personal experience, I can get smashes from my 4u LDF just as hard as the 3u 88d, but the counter weight does help recover faster after each smash, so attacking with the 88d can be more rapid. Overall, the LDF is definitely better for smashes, but the 88d can handle other shots much better, and with its smashes not really lacking behind too much from the LDF, in my opinion. So with that said, I can really see why many people support the idea of the astrox series replacing the voltric series. By tuning down a little power, the astrox series breathe in more handling, which I think many people would appreciate, myself included .

samhuda and Astrox88SS like this.
  4. Kenny Ng

Kenny Ng New Member

Gold edition was special colour for Rio Olympic 2016, I managed to purchase this year April at VSmash and according to them it was the last batch stock available. When I purchased AX88D back in July, the LDF Gold no longer available, only left LDF matte black.

Astrox88SS likes this.
  5. Astrox88SS

thanks for your reply.

i already have the LDF in gold and black versions (recent acquired) . this is one of my fav racquets so id like to get a spare before they all gone. will try to get another gold and another black one when i go to HK later in the year. currently my gold one has a massive chip in the head

Kenny Ng likes this.
  6. Astrox88SS

Attached Files:

#806 Astrox88SS, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  7. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

It may have been for awhile, and I just saw this post at a danish Facebook page. Is this a new color? The dominantly gold of the Rio edition now replaced with red? [​IMG]

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Kingsley90

Kingsley90 Regular Member

E7B4CF4D-125E-4EC1-9FA5-4485B6AD2ED0.png E7B4CF4D-125E-4EC1-9FA5-4485B6AD2ED0.png
    u

#808 Kingsley90, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. Christopher Ngo

Christopher Ngo New Member

Yes, Lin Dan just used the new LD Force (that black+red colour-scheme, at least) yesterday at the BWF World Championship 2019 in Basel, Switzerland against TMN R64.

10. pughon

pughon Regular Member

11. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

Btw, anyone have used the new red LDF? How does the 4U LDF 2019 fare compared to 3U Arc 11, 3U DZS, and 3U VTZF2? Remember getting myself some sore elbow after using 3U ZF2 tbh, but not w/ my Arc 11 and my deceased DZS (got clashed w/ my partner's ZF2 :( ), so if the 4U LDF is like the 3U ZF2, I wonder if I'd abort my plan to get 1

Also, no Astrox 88 pls, couldn't bear w/ the color scheme smhw.

12. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

4u LDF 2019 is more like a 4u zf2 rather than 3u

13. YoonSoAh

YoonSoAh Regular Member

And how does VZF2 4U/LDF 4U fare compared to my ded DZS and the alive Arc 11? Am sorry to ask too much tbh, been new into the realm of über head heavy lel

14. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

ZF2 and LDF in 3u is considerably heavier than 3u z strike. 4u will feel about the same in swing weight according to raquetforce

YoonSoAh likes this.
  15. tacrita0

tacrita0 New Member

engineer
    comparing the stiffness, which is stiffer: AX88D or LDF?

16. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

suggestion please, in need of a HH racket. Have a headache to choose between 3U ZF2 LD Red, 4U ZF2 LD Red, 3U Astrox 99 or 4U LD Force 2019.

Primary racket is Duora 10, love everything about it, in my opinion the best all around racket that I have ever tried, everything is great except the smash power which is so-so.

interested with Astrox 100ZZ but cannot bear with its design and color scheme, as racket design and color is important for me ;)

#816 steven8991, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  17. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Hey there, just sharing based on my experience. I use 3U ZF2, 3U LDF, 4U ZF2, 4U LDF and 3U DZS.

If ur from Duora 10 but looking for increment of overhead department, the transition to 4U LDF would be easier. The ZF2 LD is basically repainted ZF2. Do consider 88D too, the 3U version isnt that hard to wield to begin with but 4U has plenty of power as well.

The earlier version of A99 is too much head heavy, one thing i found the 99 is abit damp and not lively, but thats just me.

18. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. Can you give me your opinion about 3U and 4U LDF?

Also, do you have any chance to try newer batch of AX99? I heard it is not super head heavy compared to the previous batch.

19. mizivincible

The 88D is stiffer and head lighter while the LDF is flexier but with heavier head

20. mizivincible

Sorry I havent experienced the new AX99 but if they made it lighter head wouldnt it be close to 88D. Not sure the namd tech would make difference tho.

The 3U LDF and 4U LDF play similar, but being such head heavy, the 3U is actually bit sluggish, getting the 4U, lighter weight head heavy racket would probably suit most of occasions.