Yonex BG80 power

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Blitzzards, Jul 14, 2011.

1. khoai

khoai Regular Member

You can try several things:

- Reduce tension of BG80 which makes it a little softer or vice versa, increase tension of BG80P so you'll have more control and a bit less power for none full-power shots.

- Try Aerobite boost string. It does feel a bit softer but a lot more control. The only problem you may have is durability may suffer if you like to slice. However, mishit is not a problem with the 0.72 mm main string so may last longer if you are a power player.

2. Belgian

Belgian Regular Member

student
    Thanks for the advice. Would increasing tension on the bg80p make it harder on the arm and wrist as well? Or will it still be softer than bg80?

Aerobite boost may be interesting, but the durability may be a problem indeed.

3. Niceshot

Niceshot New Member

Any BG80 power users here? How long do they usually last for you at what tensions?
    I play about 4 hours a week and I'd say I'm an upper intermediate player. I play very aggressive and do smash a lot. BG65ti usually last me over 6 months and I want the 80 power to last at least 2-3 months. I have tried the 68ti and really liked it but it broke easily and is kinda hard to get here. Any onther recommendations for a powerful yet durable strings are also appreciated! Thanks!

4. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Used bg80p for a while. I had two racquets strung with it at 25 lbs, both lasting for around 3 years, 8 months of actual use. In terms of feeling and freshness, it lasted around a month before I really started to notice a significant change in feeling, but that was when I was still new to strings

I did use a friend's AX99 with bg80p at 28 lbs for a couple weeks, in which I noticed reduced feeling around the middle of the second week.

Fresh, it's actually quite nice to play with, and even after you let it die, it'll still feel much better than strings such as bg66um or gt-5.

Per my experience, it's more durable than bg80, and *can* last as long as bg65ti but most of the time probably won't.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

ucantseeme, Niceshot and Woesi like this.