Kunlavut Vitidsarn

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by Baddie lover, Jul 28, 2019.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I see no point in arguing with you regarding how you call him fat and how you judge him as if he were 25-year-old while he actually just jumped from his Junior career to Senior. He had an astonishing Junior career and if he were to be judged so far that could only be regarding his Junior years.

Although I totally agree he hasn't proven anything yet within the Pro tour but how would he... he just got started with the Pros.

2. CzechKronner

CzechKronner Regular Member

I am not talking about proving his mettle against his older opponents. What I meant was proving he has what it takes to live as a pro athlete. Not everyone can do it. There's plenty of examples of potentially star players across all sports, but they failed due to poor physique or discipline.

Kulavut is undoubtedly talented. But in my opinion his junior success is largely due to poor competition and his poor physique leads me to believe he doesn't have the discipline to keep in pro shape. I hope he proves me wrong.

LenaicM likes this.
  3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That does sound so much more constructive than just labeling him as "fat"!

I get what you mean and while I would say he is only 18 I totally agree with the fact plenty fell short or their expectations after turning pro. Whatever the sport. We shall wait and see for KV...

4. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Another final for the youngster. I only caught some points from the first set, and it wasn't the prettiest badminton I've ever seen, from either one of the players. It did perhaps feel like Kunvalut had more shots at his disposal however.

But at the very top, if he wants to compete with the Lee Chong Wei's and Kento's when it's all said and done, they basically all have those shots.

5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Totally agreed. First game, it seemed like Kunlavut is not playing to his potential, the one which we're used to seeing. Tomorrow, first big final against a big opponent. A great experience for him.

Giga01 likes this.
  6. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I don't expect him to win it if I'm being honest, but also a bit curious to see how he will perform.

7. Baddie lover

I also don't expect him to win. Just want to see him fight. It'll be great to see how he performs against Viktor. Last time he met a top 10 guy was Kento I guess last year and now Viktor. Two close games should be a good result for him.

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    maybe he's the second coming of markis kido whose secret weapon was 'looking' out of shape... bwahahahahaha!

"if i can win a wc gold & olympic gold looking like this i'll take it!"

Khamenman likes this.
  9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Hey, where were you when Akane Yamaguchi emerged onto the world stage? You missed your chance of calling her fat and saying she couldnt compete with the best.

10. Baddie lover

Hey, problem here is everyone would do anything to protect their own players/idols and won't even care about other player. I don't know about czechkronner. His first post regarding KV fatness irked me even though KV is not my favorite player. Just find it amusing that people are trying so hard to belittle ASY, LS and now KV. Let young guns prove their mettle first instead of jumping to a conclusion that they have not achieved any results in senior level. Heck, they just started and if they'll prosper in senior level, only time will tell.

justiceforlcy, Cheung and LenaicM like this.
  11. Baddie lover

He gave a good account of himself against a top player like Viktor. 21-16, 21-13 in 46 mins. As expected, his game is not there yet which is normal considering his age and first year in senior level. But boy, did he play well. So many disguised drops which were successful, great deceptions and many long rallies. Even Steen was impressed by him. At least he fought in the match. Looking forward to more of him in WTS 300+

Also, not overhyping anyone :)

LenaicM, Father Parrot and Sumanth99 like this.
  12. biomik

biomik Regular Member

His current build reminds me of the double player - he will have to work a lot on his physical side and lay off all that sugar and pad thai. Steen praised his beautiful reverse slice drops but I felt his basic game was lacking in yesterday's match. His lifts and clears were often too short and no attack to speak of. A lot to learn through hard work and discipline on and off court.

13. CzechKronner

Women's badminton is not as physically demanding as men's, and nowhere near as fast.

So Akane's extra pounds don't hurt nearly as much as Kunlavut's. The fact is that men's game is at a point where being in an amazing shape is a pre-requisite to be among the best. Kunlavut needs to lose 15 or 20 pounds to be competitive.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Losing weight != Getting in shape. What he needs to do is probably to transform those extra (fat) pounds into muscle.

15. CzechKronner

Not really. Too much muscle is bad for badminton. He needs to be slim, fast and strong. Like Momota or Chen Long. That kind of body type.

16. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

Congrats to the talented youngster yet again, he's now through to the final where he'll be up against VA like in the Spain Masters last year. It'll be likely that VA will win this though I'd like to see Vitidsarn make him struggle for it in 3 sets.

#36 Father Parrot, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Let me announce the arrival of a new King, KV.

18. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Haha, this is how the next king show up

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Baddie lover

I've said it before. I find KV game the best and matured amongst upcoming young players like LS, Kodai and Li Shifeng. Would want him to win more and more and make this MS category more interesting.

20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

When did you last see LSF or KN play? ;)