Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Oh really? But as long as there's nothing interesting to read about this racket, we can as well take it a step or two further...

2. Aurora_

Aurora_ Regular Member

I find the new colorway refreshing. I still remember there was a time where people hate Yonex reposition their logo at the side, and make it like really big.

I miss my VT80. Lost the racket, and bought VT80E. VT80E feels different, and too bad I didn't have enough play time with it before it crack.
    Then there was a re-release of VT80 last 2 years, bought it, and was surprise how bad it feels compare to ZF2. VT80 suddenly feel flexible compare to ZF2, and my shot wasn't as accurate.

3. Aurora_

Aurora_ Regular Member

Probably due to the compact frame. Reminds me of zspeed frame. It look thick when it first came out, and still look thick to me.

4. ccmak

ccmak Regular Member

5. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Update on UK market price:

Yonex UK site updates the RRP:
    http://www.yonex.co.uk/products/badminton/racquets/astrox-series/
    RRP of 100ZZ is £220 and 100ZX £170

Based on the RRP and real price of close rackets:
    AX99 - RRP £195 - 155.99
    AX88D - RRP £185 - 147.99
    AX88S - RRP £185 - 147.99,

one can expect the real price of 100ZZ is £180 and 100ZX is £130 . Real bargain, ehh? :D

6. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Wow the ZX is not even a "budget" version
    Interesting o_O

kenner30 likes this.
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It's the less tech and more normal material version lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

8. RajUS

RajUS Regular Member

Can anyone translate please

9. pughon

pughon Regular Member

One noticeable thing is that all gook-looking Korean girls seem to go to entertainment industry. :p

10. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    For the translation, you mean the part about the new models? I'll give it a shot since I've been studying Korean for a couple years - not a perfect translation by any means but I got the gist.

"New models coming out: Astrox ZZ/ZX - then the standard marketing speak about new NAND material and the ZX having a rexis shaft"

Then it moves into the girl talking about the ZZ - The question was "Now that you've been able to use the Astrox 100, what is the feeling you got from the racket? (around 1:40 minute mark).

" For smashing and attacks, the power is really good. I think even the balance is okay. (This upcoming sentence might be wrong, as I'm not understanding her use of a verb here but, I'll highlight what I'm not sure about) Just like when pros play and the hitting feeling is just right, it's not there yet. Despite this, first impressions are really good. And I think the first impressions of a racket are very important.

Second question - What racket do you usually use?

"Currently I'm using the Astrox 88S 4U racket. I like head heavy rackets and I think the weight balance in the astrox zz is perfectly balanced(the more accurate translation is accurate, but it sounded unnatural). and when I compare it to the astrox 88s, they're very similar I think. When you hit smashes and clears it holds (
    the shuttle) well, I think this "sticking" feeling is good.

Obviously any native korean speakers can correct this but this is for the most part accurate (red parts I'm about 70% sure is correct).

My personal thoughts are I'm excited if what she says is true, I love the 88s - it's what I use and if its a more all rounder version of the 88s, I might consider getting it. Will have to see for more reviews though.

Lemollin, Cheung and LenaicM like this.
  11. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Well judging by yesterday shared vietnam review video, the 4U AX100ZZ has 84.5 swing weight, that means it has lighter swing than 4u 88s (85.0 on racquet force ig) but theres also a chance they get the lighter version or whatever.
    With some review thats out, i do think the 3U version would be good for all round single - double play :rolleyes:

#291 Coolkas, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  12. SmashLikeATofu

SmashLikeATofu New Member

So this racket is is lighter than ax99 which makes it more all-round for 3u?

13. Sachdeva

Sachdeva New Member

Played for a couple of hours today with a friends 3UG5 astrox 99. How will the zx compare from tech specs?

14. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

My local club had both of the astrox 100 as demos. It is a nice racket. Good stiffness and I used the 4u. Didn’t seem super head heavy. Can definitely use for doubles (if you’re advanced, since it’s compact frame). Couldn’t get timing right cause I only used for 20 min but it’s an interesting racket for sure...I still think paint is ugly but it is matte finish which i like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Wait, its a compact frame? At what size specifically? Like other Z series (DZS,VTZF,AZS,NRZS)?
    By testing the 4u do you think the 3u will be an all round racket to play single dan double?

16. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I went back today and tested again. It’s a really good racket. I can’t really comment on 3u but 4u, you can definitely play doubles with it. I think you could even play singles with it. Great control and smashes are still very good. Definitely no zforce2 but it’s similar I think (been a while since I’ve used zforce2) I can’t really comment on size specifically, I didn’t compare it side by side. I even tried the 100zx. It was pretty much same feel....but please do take my review with grain of salt. I’m intermediate and I’m sure more advanced players can have more in-depth review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kokai likes this.
  17. jediwannabe

jediwannabe Regular Member

Software Engineer
    ClubRackets did a quick frame size comparison with the AX99 on Youtube here at 1:35. The frame of AX100 is smaller.

18. bestco

bestco Regular Member

the frame is definitely smaller than Astrox 99, you can see it in the following video.

19. bestco

bestco Regular Member

interesting that 100 ZX isn't even listed on the 2020 matrix...

20. Kenny Ng

Kenny Ng New Member

As mentioned by all experts here, the matrix is crap, don't bother to refer it.