Kunlavut Vitidsarn

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by Baddie lover, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Still no thread for this guy? Till now he's won two WJC back to back (2017,2018). He had an important role in Thailand winning AJC team event 2019 where he did double duties (MS and XD). He also won 2019 AJC MS event. Kunlavut is rapidly gaining ranks and is the next big thing. Great investment by Thai federation. He'll certainly boost the good squad of Thailand MS players.

His play is very physical and technical. Kunlavut has quite a lot of deceptive shots in his store and has a very mature style of play. Below are his achievements till now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunlavut_Vitidsarn

LenaicM, Sundis and Cheung like this.
  2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

king of U19 and future king of badminton.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought no junior player, including WJC, who has not won a single pro circuit title deserves a thread of his own. We have to set a reasonable bar and not lower it, otherwise the thread is so inactive, we might as well not have it.

No doubt, Kunlavut has shown lots of potential, the best junior circuit player at the moment, but his time has not come yet.

4. Baddie lover

He's won quite a few IC tournaments beating higher ranked and older players. Indeed an achievement considering his age. Kodai Naraoka, Lakshya Sen and others also have a thread. Never mind, his thread would have been created sooner than later.

#4 Baddie lover, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Simeon and buibui2 like this.
  5. Baddie lover

Kunlavut wins his third consecutive WJC by beating Christo Popov in two straight games. He once mentioned in Badminton Unlimited that he wants to emulate his country darling Ratchanok's feat of capturing 3 back to back WJC and now that he's achieved, now his focus will be on seniors.

buibui2 likes this.
  6. CzechKronner

CzechKronner Regular Member

I think he's overrated. Yes he won 3 WJCs but his competition was lackluster. I don't see him beating Kento Momota, Shi Yuqi or even the two Danes and they're all still very young.

7. Baddie lover

Over rated , how ?? You only beat players who are in front of you, he has become 3 times WJC which has never been done before in MS u19. I agree last year WJC was lacklustrous. But 17 and 18 worlds had Kodai and Lakshya, alongwith other guys. Plus he has done double duties too and done considerably well.

People had doubts on KM, TTY and RI too when they started but those players proved people wrong. I think Kunlavut is very young and saying that he won't beat Momota, SYQ and Danes is a pure guess. We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and let the future do the talk. As of now, he's proved himself in juniors, whether he'll be successful in seniors or not that's on him.

Khamenman, LenaicM and aZn_Popcorn like this.
  8. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

From what I saw of him yesterday he has that fun...Way of reading the game I suppose? Like it feels like he knows where the shuttle will be, and where to hit it. Something that I think Kento Momota and Lin Dan has in spades, more than anyone else. Kunvalut felt like he did have some of that yesterday.

9. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

He just reached the semi-final in Thailand. While he did look quite good at times, I didn't quite get the same feeling as above today as well.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  10. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I saw his footstep today, it seems to be like Momota's playstyle. ^-^

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    He reached the SF in Spain 300. He beat Sameer Verma

He will play Ajay Jayaram for a place in the final.

12. Baddie lover

He's showing results very early. His play style is more mature than Lakshya and Kodai. Tomorrow, he'll be the favourite. I predict two game victory for Kunlavut

LenaicM likes this.
  13. CzechKronner

Kunlavut is fat. He can't compete with the best looking like that.

14. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

What's up with all the negativity and rudeness towards a 18-year-old 3 times World junior champion?! :rolleyes:

#14 LenaicM, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Khamenman, Super85 and Pagz like this.
  15. Baddie lover

It has become a norm in the forum . Nothing new.

Khamenman and LenaicM like this.
  16. CzechKronner

How is it rude? He's out of shape. Even his trainer said so. Do we really need to be so politically correct that we can't call out out of shape professional athletes? Kulavut is fat and out of shape. He can work on that and improve. It's not negativity, just observation.

17. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Because that's a derogatory term. It's rude to call people fat, especially for no reasons, it's not really credible to call him fat when he is only slightly out of shape. Do you have the source of his coach's words btw?

Personally I think it's being negative saying he can't compete with KM, the Danes or SYQ. Fact is, he is a 3-time Juniow World Champion and comparing him to KM, 7 year his senior, is a little bit too early.

One thing I fully agree with though is that the transition between Junior to Senior circuit can be rough and even if a player succeeded during his Junior career, it clearly doesn't guarantee a successful Senior one. He has a long way to go but I think he could have hardly done better so far... 3-times junior WC and some promising results on the pro tour this year! I wouldn't be surprised if he reached the finals of a super 300 or super 500 soon.

18. CzechKronner

All I stated are facts.

“He has to develop his speed, and control his weight. It’s important that he control his diet. If he can do that, he will be much faster and can take on anyone.”

https://bwfbadminton.com/news-single/2019/10/23/a-question-of-control-world-juniors-review

He's fat for a professional badminton player. I don't care if it's "deragotary". It's fact. Facts don't care about feelings.

Also, he can't compete with the best as of now, which is obvious based on his results so far.

19. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

There is a world of difference between saying he has to control his diet and bluntly say he is fat. Which again he isn't. I invite you to double check what a "fat" or overweight person looks like.

If you don't care sounding inappropriate that's ok with me.

He can't compete with the best based on his results yet he is just getting started in the pro circuit and currently fighting for a spot in the finals of a super 300. Ok... :rolleyes:

Khamenman and Baddie lover like this.
  20. CzechKronner

His job as a pro athlete is to be in an awesome shape, You can't look at him through the lense of standard/average people standards.
    He's fat. It's simple. He can change it if he has the drive and motivaion. That's all it's about.

And Super 300 with hardly any good players. Good for him. Look the guy is a potential star, key word is "potential". To me it looks like he's lazy and was coasting on his talent for too long. If he finds it within himself to actually get in a proper shape and train seriously, he can be top10 in the world. But until now he hasn't proven any of this.