Any Victor DriveX 9X reviews?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kenner30, Jan 23, 2020.

1. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Planning on getting another one or are you moving on to another racket? :p

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

ive been debating.
    it broke so easily and my hx900 broke so easily too. not sure if its victor or if its because they are 4u racquets but im hesitant to buy victor right now.
    both my li ning racquets went through much more (they are both 3u).. now that i think about it, my 88d 4u broke so easily too.

i did really enjoy the racquet. id say i got in about 40 hours of playing time and i was really starting to enjoy it.

maybe astrox100zz next?

3. jctai

jctai Regular Member

For the Auraspeed and DriveX series, Victor introduced F, K, S and X line for different needs. I have tried 70k, 80x, 90s, 90k and Dr9x and I prefer the X line over the others. It provides a slightly longer hold on the shuttle and made it easier to control but doesn't feel overly sticky to the point where it sucked away the energy you exerted.K line at times are punishing when I lacked the focus and time to make difficult shots. S line is ultra fast but requires good technique for more attacking shots.

I strung my 4U 9x with BG65Ti at 29lbs and never have problem with its string moving even after slicing. Unlike my 4U JS10 strung with Toalson Ion 65 @ 28lbs which moved like crazy.
    Personally, I'm most impressed with my 9x's stability. Not the fastest frame around but fast enough for my MD games.
    I removed the original grip replace it with electrical tape, cushion wrap and Ac102, making the balance point reached 308mm.
    Driving and pushing shuttles around the court feels assuring and easy. Not as fast as JS10 but not as sluggish as BXR.
    This attributes also shine in the clear/lob shots department, it takes very little effort from the wrist to send the shuttles back.
    Half smashing the shuttles gives me stable vibe and recovered quickly for second smash, recovery time surprises me.
    For full smashes while execution is comfortable, I can't smash it as fast as TK-F or 88D (both 4U). Having better technique and strength would be more beneficial for this shot with 9x.
    I haven't clashed my racket so I wouldn't know how durable is this racket. But so far it has taken 29 lbs from a 65ti pretty well.
    All in all, 80x and 9x are my favorites from Victor in current line-up. 80x excels in defense and 9x are more robust in different shots.

xying, iraditia and EpicBlue like this.
  4. AL BUNDY

AL BUNDY New Member

Hi everyone,
    i had the intention to buy this Drive 9X but after reading your different post, now i have doubt about this racket. I played BS12N 4U and 3U many years. I love them. I love AS66 and NF700 too but unfortunally they are too weak, brake themselves after smashing. I am not a big hitter, i am considering a good defender in MD. I tried Auraspeed 90S 4U, it is too stiff for me and sensation of heavy racket.
    Any advice for another model similar to my BS12N or NF700 ?
    thank you

5. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Strange, I got 90S 4U after playing BS12 3U, and my only complaint is that it feels a tad too light.

If 90S is too stiff you may have a look at the 30H? It should be medium-flex, and it seems a real bargain.
    I just received an 11B (hi-flex) for my wife, and my first impression of this "low-end" racket is positive. It has the same balance and frame shape as the more expensive models, dry-swing feels very similar. Just needs to be tested on court now :)

6. AL BUNDY

AL BUNDY New Member

i have BS12N black version, it is less stiffer than the 12 (blue version)
    the 30H i am bit afraid about 3U. Are you talking auraspeed 11? if yes please give me your point of view about it asap
    thank you

7. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Yes, it's the Auraspeed 11B. Definitely flexier than BS12 (blue). Happy to provide further feedback once we've hit shuttles with it!

8. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

if you bs12 and want to try something new, closest would be auraspeed 70f and 90s. 70f is softer and head lighter than 90s, so maybe you should give it a try. It has a new color option for people who don't like pink

9. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Ok, I managed to do some warm up and a play a set with ARS11 yesterday!
    • The balance is similar to BS12 and 90S
    • Frame profile very similar to 90S, 98K, and JS11 (which is also an excellent racket not mentioned yet) -- it looks like Victor decided to converge on the "Compound Sword" as successor to the BS design?
    • It's indeed a high-flex racket. This makes clears and backhand clears very easy and comfortable
    • Smashing was fine, although the impact feels a little numb
    • No complaints on net play and drive, work very well as expected from a 4U headlight racket
    • BUT: quick forearm shots from the midcourt (stick smash etc) were not precise and gave me a little bit of pain in the wrist, maybe my timing for locking the wrist was off with this flexible racket.
    So this is a fine speed racket for players struggling with clear length.
    But for the last bullet I would not recommend it as a replacement for BS12, you probably need to find something stiffer.

10. AL BUNDY

AL BUNDY New Member

Hi,
    the 70F seems not a bad idea, i prefer the pink one. The JS YYS was a good racket too but can not find it anymore