Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Victor not letting go of the racing car advertising theme o_O:

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'd buy them if they aren't actually hot pink though. As a shoe the design itself seems pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

s_mair and ucantseeme like this.
  3. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I don't know if that 2019 thread will be alive, so I'll just post this here instead

Auraspeed 90K review

4UG5, 84g 305mm dry, 93g 296mm wet
    BG80 @ 26lbs

Verdict: I'd say this compares to that generic even balance, stiff, boxframe type of racket that is so prevalent in the market, like the Arc11, Duora 10, etc. Despite not being even balance, the head profile basically more or less makes this feel like a even balance boxframe. Don't expect this to have the aerodynamic properties of head lighter braveswords or auraspeeds, because this is definitely beefier than those. This is not one of those marmite rackets as Paul Stewart calls it, unless you like very light rackets only. If you like that generic stiff/even balance spec racket, you'll likely like this racket. Instead of calling it a true all-rounder, I'd call this an all-rounder with a bit of an emphasis on backcourt and power rather than front court and speed. As a back court player who doesn't want to give up too much at the front, this is good. If you're a front court player looking for speed first, maybe try the 90s or other "true" speed rackets.

Feel: In one word: responsive. Short but responsive and stiff shaft combined with a responsive stringbed makes this a great control racket that also has power. For casuals, this is great, as you'd probably need to string rackets with holding feel like Arc11 around 2lbs higher than this to get the same "tightness" in the tensions strings. Most I would ever string this is 27-28lbs, whereas I'd probably go 29-30lbs on Arc11. People also claimed that WES or one of the technologies made this feel a lot more flexible than its rating, but personally I didn't really feel that. This racket definitely feels like a 4/5 stiff racket that I'm accustomed to feeling from other 4/5 stiff Victor rackets before the WES was implemented. I'd definitely call this a stiff racket; not an extra stiff, but a tier below that, and only a tier. This is not close to a medium flex racket.

Power: If you want any more power from a racket, you'd have to make great sacrifices and get one of those Z force 2's or other greatly unmovable bricks. If you can hit bombs with the generic stiff & even balance racket, then you can hit bombs with this.

Speed: If you like those generic even or slightly head heavy boxframes, this is pretty much that, but maybe a fraction more quicker due to the frame profile. But when I say fraction, I mean fraction. I wouldn't even classify this as a speed racket (as suggested by being a part of the Auraspeed series). If you can defend with an Arc11, you can defend with this. If Arc11 feels to heavy for you, this will feel heavy too

Other comments: This racket has a very noticeably big, square head, and it definitely makes it easier to defend due to the big sweet spot, I wish this became more common. The cone is also interesting: I'm accustomed to flatter shapes near the base of the cone where I'd usually place the thumb, but this ones feels a bit more rounded instead of flat.

#143 ChocoChipWaffle, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    insanity, It'sMeMeMe, alana07 and 8 others like this.
  4. ChocoChipWaffle

Update review #2 for Auraspeed 90K 4U

This time I tried a different grip setup, in an attempt to minimize the overall weight of the racket I went with the lightest grip setup that I usually do.

Bare wood 80g + 2 layers of Mueller sponge tape aka underwrap (<1g) + towel grip (7g) = 87g

Final setup was 87g and 310mm bp.

This was 6 grams lighter than my first setup, which was just factory grip (7g) + over grip plus finish tape (6g) = 13g + 80 gram racket = 93g, 296mm bp. This was not my usual setup, but I did it for the purpose of writing a review for the common user, as I understand wrapping an overgrip on factory grip is one of the more common setups I've seen.

Anyways, the feel of the racket has completely changed. Despite being balanced much more head heavy, the sheer lack of weight has transformed this racket to become much more quick and manoeuvrable. No longer am I struggling to intercept the bird downwards in rapid succession from the front, it's quick enough to be used for the front court player. The weight of the head is definitely there, but it's not too heavy to the point where I fail to reign it in after drives, which sometimes happens to me with head heavy 3u rackets.

Stiffness hasn't changed much, smashes still hit hard although the grip has naturally become thinner, so you need to be more mindful of relaxing your forearms during the stroke for max power, whereas a thicker grip usually causes you to relax the forearm naturally. That being said, drives and quick mid or front court shots are much easier to pull off with a thin and light grip, so to me this grip is much more suitable for doubles. Drives and back hands are great. Power is no problem with this racket, there's enough head weight to hit hard, but the light overall weight allows it to move fast as well.

Speed on over head shots have gotten much faster as well, now it actually does feel like a speed racket, suitable for both front and back court players.

I know grip setups drastically change the playability of any racket, so I'll just summarize my conclusions in case the people who have only read my first review was hoping this racket could be suitable for all court doubles.

Heavier and thicker grip
    4u with the factory grip + overgrip = all rounded racket like the 3u arc11, suitable for singles and back court doubles. For players who emphasize overhead strokes, tons of stability.

Lighter and thinner grip
    4u with underwrap and overgrip or towel grip = a light but powerful racket, suitable for doubles both front and back court. Emphasis on doubles strokes. Big overhead smashes are great too but it's not as effortless as the heavier and thicker grip. But don't expect it to make you as invincible from the front court as something like a brave sword 12 or nanoflare 700. This racket can be fast, but it's not that level of effortless speed, especially if you have weak wrist and fingers.

#144 ChocoChipWaffle, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    insanity and Swat like this.
  5. ChocoChipWaffle

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    So despite my distaste for Victor in recent times, I caved and got a Drive 9X. The aesthetic vibe just gave me too much reminder of the N9II and I couldn't resist. So I got a 89.5g dry copy with plastic wrap on. Strung it up with BGAS and removed the plastic and it reads 91.47g. Head weight is coming in at a hefty 41.25g... I think I might regret this buy soon.

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Looking forward to your review soon!

yenyesoh likes this.
  8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

it is about time to conquer singles scene! :)

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    With how fat I am? I'll only get ACL and MCL tears.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I won't promise anything. But on the off chance that I do. Anything you may or may not want comparisons with?

11. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

It would be nice to get a comparison between that and the arc11/hx900 to see if there is any major difference

yenyesoh likes this.
  12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Oh poo. I broke my HX900 in a clash 2+ weeks back..

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It seems Victor fired the design department and now recycle even colorways.

Auraspeed Lightfighter 80:

[​IMG]

MX80 B
    [​IMG]

What the hell is going on? o_O

Sundis, FM1994, offbad and 1 other person like this.
  14. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

Can anyone compare victor 90k 4U and lining tectonic 7 (4u) , which one have more power for attacking and speed for double player.
    Thanks.

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Is this one from Victor Europe? Normally lightfighters are, but this one's also named auraspeed too.
    Might explain the dodgy paint job if it's from Europe.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

16. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Screenshot_20200218-194312_Chrome.jpg It's not very cheap!!

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

LF have never been budget rackets, though?

18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Typically £75-£90 for LF range so a little more for this one.

19. Tomw2000

Tomw2000 New Member

The ARS-98k is now showing on the victor Europe website. Wondering if it’s going to be 3U only?

I’ve still no idea when it will be available in the Uk.

But in the meantime I’ve picked up a JS10 and a DriveX 9XB. So will be fine for a while :)

20. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

ucantseeme likes this.