Toes keep sliding into the front of the inside of the shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by precrime3, Feb 11, 2020.

1. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm not sure how to describe it but essentially when I'm doing any movements that require me to stop forward momentum, I can feel my toenails kind of jamming into the inside of the shoe?

It feels like the shoes have.. sunk? Like the front of the insole needs some stuffing to make it tight like a glove like when I first got it.

Is this normal? Or is this just a sign to get a new pair of shoes? I got these like 4 months ago so I'd like to not buy new shoes if I could help it.

Does this make sense? Let me know if I need to describe it in a different way.

2. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Happens to me also i wear through the cushion inside where my toe sits, victor shoes lasted just over a year before they became uncomfortable, aerus 3's have managed about 4 months to get to the same point :/ not sure what can be done about it though

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Would thicker socks help?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

4. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Huh - glad they were cheap then. Guess I can just rebuy some or replace the insoles.

BTW, do you live in Birmingham, UK or AL? If AL, we could meet up sometime and play!
    In theory - anything that fills in the gap that's somehow been made. I wouldn't want it to be thicker socks, as I'd lose feeling IMO.

5. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Get thicker insoles or wear thicker socks IMO, or try on a half size down in a shop and see if its a shoe size issue.

The issue is probably the midsole/mid shoe part not grabbing your foot tightly and that's why your toes are sliding.

Are you lacing them tightly enough? I assume you are but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Cheung likes this.
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think we should also ask what type of socks are you wearing.

Instead of an thicker pair of socks, you can use those elastic ankle wraps support over a sock that leaves your toes some space.

The ankle support would fill out the mid portion and ankle of your foot and stop your foot from moving inside the shoe so much.

It’s important to note that shoes do get a bit looser with time after a couple of months.

7. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Yes birmingham uk mate.

8. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I wear Injinji socks in a medium weight. And could you link me to one of those? I would rather have just a proper fitting shoe instead of something like that.